* * * * * 6 votes

• Please log in to reply
918 replies to this topic

TimeWalker75a

TimeWalker75a

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,047 posts
Every boot loader now has a way of saving nvram contents, but not every one of them saves brightness level. XPC and Clover do preserve and restore brightness settings upon reboots and shutdowns.

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Anyone updated to 10.8.3?

Ramaddil

Ramaddil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My Specs are
Dell L702x
CPU I7 2760Qm
GPU 555 GT
Ram 16Gb G SKill
17in 3d Monitor
2hdd (1ssd 256gb) (1 750gb hdd)
A.19 Bios

I have not been able to make a proper DSDT and I am trying to get QE/CI working with my Intel 3000 and I can not figure out how to do it.. I have been using the installer from Iatkos ML2 and i just can not seem to get it working. I tried the guide that is attached to this post and I get a black screen every time I boot. If there is anyone that can help me get ML installed I would be very gracious.. I have read some about the Dual link etc.. but it is just a little over my head.

Thanks

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
@Ramaddil

You have the 3D model. The DSDT and guide on the first page is for non-3D model. Go over the first few page of this topic and there should be link to discussion specifically for the 3D model and DSDT.

Ramaddil

Ramaddil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks Webcivilian... U made me realize my mistake for the past 2 weeks... I now have a functional with graphics ML2 Iatkos Dell L702x working.. Only thing left is wifi which is on the way..

Thanks I needed another set of eyes to see my mistake.

Zpecter

Zpecter

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Has anyone tried the new version 10.8.3??

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
@ Zpecter - Installed it using the combo pack. Everything is working fine at this moment. Needed to replace some of the kexts from the kext pack.

I need to know how to binary patch the new AppleHDA.

Zpecter

Zpecter

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

@ Zpecter - Installed it using the combo pack. Everything is working fine at this moment. Needed to replace some of the kexts from the kext pack.

I need to know how to binary patch the new AppleHDA.

Ok, thanks, but what kexts do we need to replace?? And that's the reason I haven't updated yet, the AppleHDA. :wink2:

robin_hood

robin_hood

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Ok, thanks, but what kexts do we need to replace?? And that's the reason I haven't updated yet, the AppleHDA. :wink2:

just backup your AppleHDA and restore it after update, it works for me

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
@ Zpecter - I actually removed some of the kexts and did updates to the A19 nVidia Off DSDT. I'm still using the AppleHDA from 10.8.2 and it works. Let me know if you want to try out the DSDT and Kexts.

@ mackyreddy - Where are you?

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Building Operating Systems from scratch
Hey Webcivilian,

I am doing good thanks for your concern mate, i am working full time on Windows Blue project, So sorry i don't have time and I have abandoned this project, but i have left out resources for you guys to use and develop.

All the best.

cheers

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,905 posts

i am working full time on Windows Blue project

How cool!

Chrisemtpa

Chrisemtpa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Needing a bit of help. I was able to get 10.8 Iatkos L2 installed using the usb method to partiition 3 on my HDD, rebooted and was able to finish the install but had to do it in safemode. I installed and deleted the kexts in the guide installed chameleon V2.2, ran the kext wizard, and rebooted, it gets halfway through the boot process and restarts, any ideas what can be causing this?

Just wanted to add a note, it completes the bootloader process gets to the message "pausing for 5 seconds..." flashes 3 lines showing that it did something and reboots. It doesn't panic, and it does the reboot to fast to get a picture or read the line that maybe causing the reboot issue. I also have windows 7 on paritition 1, OsX 10.7.3 on Parition 2, OsX 10.7 does the same thing when I try to boot it as 10.8 which leads me to believe a problem exist in the bootloader files.

****Above problem was fixed by installing Chamealon 2.2 to both the Lion 10.7.3 and the Mt Lion 10.8.2 Paritions, apparently the boot loader on 10.7.3 was conflicting with the v2.2 on 10.8.2,************

Chrisemtpa

Chrisemtpa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
In need of help after fixing the boot conflict, I am not able to boot 10.8.3 unless I use -v -x, when I use just -v the system hangs at "still waiting for root device" this happens just after

com.apple.applefscompressiontypedataless load succeeded
[realtexrtl81xx:init] Using Updated PHY config method
[realtekRtl81xx:init] init completed
[rtl81xx@0x2000:rtl8168_init_board] NIC identified as rtl8168E/8111E (mcfg=14)

still waiting for root device

I am using the latest chameleon boot loader, with the dsdt from the kexts Pack. Intel I5 2450M, 25 bus ratio non-3d model

Any help would be great

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,549 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco

In need of help after fixing the boot conflict, I am not able to boot 10.8.3 unless I use -v -x, when I use just -v the system hangs at "still waiting for root device" this happens just after

hello

try to do rollback for the appleacpiplatform from 10.8.2

good hack

Chrisemtpa

Chrisemtpa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

hello

try to do rollback for the appleacpiplatform from 10.8.2

good hack

I Would assume I just reinstall the original Appleacpiplatform kext that I replaced with the one from the kext pack. If this is the process no need to reply otherwise feel free to correct me. I have learned a lot from the forums and "google" I have hackintosh'd an AMD with 10.6.2, Acer Laptop with 10.6.2, and this laptop twice now 10.7.3 and 10.8.2.

Chrisemtpa

Chrisemtpa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
file://localhost/Users/christopher/Desktop/photo.JPG

So i used the appleacpiplatform.kext from the original dmg image of ML 10.8.2 when I boot with just -v the system hangs, looks like panics on the cpu's. I removed the dsdt.aml thinking that might be causing the issue but apparently its not.

Attached Files

webcivilian

webcivilian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
@ Chrisemtpa

You don't need to patch any other kexts besides the one in the Kext pack on the first page for 10.8.2 as you don't need some of the kexts with the unlocked A19 bios. I assume you are using that from your sig. Make sure you have DSDT in your extra folder. I don't see SSDTs for your CPU in the kext pack but I assume you might have them.

The error in your screenshot is VoodooHDA just remove it from S/L/E for now and see if it lets you through.

Chrisemtpa

Chrisemtpa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I did all the above suggestion now I get stuck at this screen...Anymore ideas? Where do i find the unlocked a19 bios? Mine is definitely not unlocked and it is still freezing after the realtek line in the screen shot below

I have a bigger problem, I think the laptop went to sleep and now i am unable to wake it. 10.8.2 was running in safe mode, and the screen saver came on for a few seconds the screen went black and it shut off. Now when I press the power button, the lights cycle on the hard drive spins up and then it all shuts down again. I removed the battery and power plug for about 3hours plugged it all back in and it continues to do the same thing Fixed who knows what happened....

Attached Files

Edited by Chrisemtpa, 28 March 2013 - 07:34 PM.

Zpecter

Zpecter

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

I did all the above suggestion now I get stuck at this screen...Anymore ideas? Where do i find the unlocked a19 bios? Mine is definitely not unlocked and it is still freezing after the realtek line in the screen shot below

I have a bigger problem, I think the laptop went to sleep and now i am unable to wake it. 10.8.2 was running in safe mode, and the screen saver came on for a few seconds the screen went black and it shut off. Now when I press the power button, the lights cycle on the hard drive spins up and then it all shuts down again. I removed the battery and power plug for about 3hours plugged it all back in and it continues to do the same thing Fixed who knows what happened....

Hello Chrisemtpa, here it is the unlocked bios:

http://www.insanelym...72#entry1865872

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy