Geforce GTX 560 Ti 448 on Lion

mauga

31 posts in this topic

Mitch, thank you for the advice. I finally got the system to detect my video card correctly by deleting the Natil.kext file in S/L/Extensions and then installing the 5XX enabler. No video file, no youtube video were playable prior to this because the system was not detecting the video card correctly. Now it's all good. Thank you again.

When you say detected correctly, is it detected at a "GTX 560ti" or as an "Unknown 1280mb, but seems to be working properly"? I cannot get an ID 1087 card to be recognised properly, and I'm blaming this for my low cinebench scores... I can get 38 in Win, but only 28 in 10.7.3. Maybe I'll try deleting Natil too?

Opal,

It correctly detected my video card as "Geforce 560 Ti - 1024mb" not unknown. Delete the Natil.kext to see if it works for you. Also, make sure you download and run the 5XX enabler too. Good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks Joot. I checked for Natil.kext and I don't have it. I also installed the 5xx enabler but that didn't do anything. I can't upgrade my system profile from macpro 3,1 to 4,1 or 5,1 as it causes my kernel to panic. I notice you said 1024mb... Am I right in assuming you've got the ID=1200 card not the id=1087 card?

As we say in England, the 1087 is a 'wrongen'! lol

• 1 month later...

Dear patient wise (wo)men - I have tried all of the above with my new MSI N560GTX (560 ti) on my shiny Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with my lightening fast i7-3770k.

Partial Success: The system recognizes the video card properly in system info.

Source of Frustration: The resolution I get on my 27inch monitor is 1024 x 768.

TI have osx 10.7.4. Any advice? I have downloaded the nvidia drivers as well and it says they are installed.

BTW:

Nvidia release rev6 of their drivers for Lion 10.7.4:

http://www.nvidia.co...f06-driver.html

Don't forget to remove any nvidia enablers you have installed.

If you want to search for newer drivers in the future on the NVIDIA page http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-us , enter the following search criterias:

GeForce

GeForce 8 Series

GeForce 8800 GT

Mac OSX Lion 10.7.4 (or newer, if available)

English (US)

The drivers seem to work with all Fermi cards. On Hackintosh, set GraphicsEnabler=y as usual.