Need Help Patching for HDEF for audio.

Balthasar

5 posts in this topic

Getting a Realtek Chipset working on a AMD via DSDT and AppleHDA is almost impossible and i havent heard or read about anyone succeeded on it so

and the cracking sound is the double given FSB u face trouble with install AnVs Legacy Kernel and add the Kernelflag

std_dyld=Yes

and ur cracking noice should be gone Good Luck !

btw im Talking about 10.6.8 (since that is the 1st Kernel wich has that fix taken out and meklort added that code to the Chameleon Source)

Getting a Realtek Chipset working on a AMD via DSDT and AppleHDA is almost impossible and i havent heard or read about anyone succeeded on it so

and the cracking sound is the double given FSB u face trouble with install AnVs Legacy Kernel and add the Kernelflag

std_dyld=Yes

and ur cracking noice should be gone Good Luck !

btw im Talking about 10.6.8 (since that is the 1st Kernel wich has that fix taken out and meklort added that code to the Chameleon Source)

Tried that just now, seems to still studder along. i added std_dyld=Yes to kernel flags.

uname -a returns: Darwin TARDIS.local 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: do 28 jul 2011 02:58:57 CEST; legacy kernel v8 :xnu-1504.15.3/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

Could it be that i have also arch=i386 -force64 with that std_dyld=Yes line.

Also if i move my mouse, the studdering/crackling stops

nope that shouldnt be the problem u need all them flags u just posted

fix your kextcache (kextutility) and boot -f might does the trick

Still seems to do it, this is my com.apple.Boot.plist file

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>AtiConfig</key>
	<string>Vervet</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>legacy_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=i386 std_dyld=Yes -force64</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>5</string>

Could i have an outdated VoodooHDA? I have version 2.7.2

EDIT: Changing the Format to 96000.0 Hz (Was on 192000.0 Hz) in the "Audio MIDI Setup" seems to so far solve this issue, I am not getting studder anymore.

EDIT2: Freaking tease, it did prevent the studder a bit, but it still occasionally does a studder, so the problem still exists.