Editing Custom Connector info for Intel HD Graphics? (Gma5700, Arrandale, OSX Lion)

iAngelo

42 posts in this topic

@Leon Hong

The hope is last to die!

Please tell me the steps you did to get these files?

You could do the reverse engineering of "AppleIntelGMAX3100FB" so as to compare the differences with "AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB"?

Thank you in advance for your time!

Yes dear oki270. All your words are so correct that none of the 5700 users will accept the truth once they find out the realities. I will give everybody the reverse-engineered C files of the 3 kexts we mentioned above. One will see that the codes are totally HOPELESS after checking them...

Inspite of the facts, yes, I am personally sticking to it, and keep my EP121 from being sold... (But I am almost reaching the red-lines!!)

archive.zip

So test these?

I got the half screen on vga port when using os-info:

FFFFFFFF

This is written out of memory, so it might be that I remember the os-info string wrong...

But I think connector is in os-info string.

If I change 3049 to 3149, I go right in to kernel panic.

FFFFFFFF -> Is this "Always Ignore"?

@oztiz

I got the half screen on vga port when using os-info:

FFFFFFFF

This is written out of memory, so it might be that I remember the os-info string wrong...

But I think connector is in os-info string.

If I change 3049 to 3149, I go right in to kernel panic.

FFFFFFFF -> Is this "Always Ignore"?

Where are the os-infos from? On MBP6,1 it should be:

<30 49 01 11 01 10 08 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ff ff ff ff>

@Leon Hong

The hope is last to die!

Please tell me the steps you did to get these files?

You could do the reverse engineering of "AppleIntelGMAX3100FB" so as to compare the differences with "AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB"?

Thank you in advance for your time!

I used IDA Pro to decompile these. Here are the X3100 and HD3000 FB decompiled C files, and they look like normal FB files to include the connector infos:

archive.zip

hi!

I'm just trying and failing with random numbers. But I use the _osinfoList from AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB as a "guide". And trying to dig out some (os)info from http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/intel-gpu-tools/

I have also noticed the name "osinfo" in some log files left by the nvidia windows optimus driver... But no data...

I guess the reason I only got half screen is that I only got one pipe activated... or what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

i have just installed lion and i can boot without a problem but still i can't get the GPU to work (intelHDGraphics) since this has been unsolved problem i was thinking of the possibility of upgrading the cpu core i3 370M to the second generation sandy bridge which has a supported GPU. don't know if this is possible but after i open my laptop the cpu and its gpu are replaceable which led me to think of that possibility

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yes dear oki270. All your words are so correct that none of the 5700 users will accept the truth once they find out the realities. I will give everybody the reverse-engineered C files of the 3 kexts we mentioned above. One will see that the codes are totally HOPELESS after checking them...

Inspite of the facts, yes, I am personally sticking to it, and keep my EP121 from being sold... (But I am almost reaching the red-lines!!)

archive.zip

How exactly did you decompile these?

I have a EP121 as well and currently have QE/CI enabled on Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

I have an idea of how to get it ported and working for Lion, but it's going to take some time. I also code for a living, so coding might be an option if someone points me in the right direction. Basically we need to get QE/CI working on a computer with Intel HD Graphics (which I currently have on SL), decompile the working drivers there to see what's going on, then attempt to inject/patch the newer extensions with that old method. May be doable may not be.

Here goes a screen shot for the doubters. This is an EP121.

post-218703-0-99132300-1335387791_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have found source code for IOGraphics family which include two kexts IOGraphicsfamily.kext and IONDRVSupport.kext i was thinking if its possible to add functionality in them so that we can hav native resolution currently am learning c++ and c so i can read them but i cant do anything currentry. sources are found on apples opensource page iographics family