USB 3.0 card - ASM1042 OS X drivers from Highpoint(Mac)

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,880 posts
Highpoint annonces 2 USB 3.0 cards for Mac.
http://www.highpoint...r/RU1022AM.html
Uses the ASM1042 chipset (i checked the device/vebdor id in their os x driver)

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2011-12-08 um 13.04.36.jpg   128.93KB   183 downloads

Datasheet highpoint Mac:
http://www.hptmac.co...etU_for_Mac.pdf

http://www.highpoint...r/RU1022AM.html

This chipset is used on some PC cards also and they are very cheap (< 12 €, < 20 US$)

OS X driver (up to 10.7) + info:
http://www.hptmac.co...ewtype=download

imk

imk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I wonder if this will work for motherboards with an onboard ASM1042 chipset.

oswaldini

oswaldini

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Doesn't work for Asus P8Z68-V Pro with ASM1042. We need some hack to remove manufacturer protection.

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 889 posts
I've seen many hackintoshes in the last 5 years, but never seen one with a fully working onboard USB3 or SATA3 yet.

kirasir

kirasir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
I need ID vendor HighPoint

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,880 posts

I need ID vendor HighPoint

http://www.pcidataba...ils.php?id=1635

Maybe that helps. Must be somewhere encoded in the main code.
The .plist has IDs 0x10421b21. No content of the highpoint vendor id 1103

kirasir

kirasir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
May be somewhere binary :) Thank you.
Tryout replace PCIPrimaryMatch to PCIMatch

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,880 posts

Doesn't work for Asus P8Z68-V Pro with ASM1042. We need some hack to remove manufacturer protection.

What happens? Have you tried to kextload it (konsole messages) ?
Also try to do that change in .plist with that ...Match keys, someone posted before.
Also check what PCI device id / vendor id is shown for your Asus P8Z68-V USB 3.0 AsMedia chipset (usings windows or OS X DPCIManager)

Attached Files

oswaldini

oswaldini

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

The .plist has IDs 0x10421b21.

The same IDs has P8Z68-V Pro.

What happens? Have you tried to kextload it (konsole messages) ?
Also try to do that change in .plist with that ...Match keys, someone posted before.

Nothing has happened. No response after inserting the USB device.
I don't think that the change in the plist will help, but I will check it.

kirasir

kirasir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Our device (USB3) has right ID (0x10421b21), but PCIBridge ID (0x10801b21) may be wrong. (sorry for my english, I am old russian man).

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,880 posts

The same IDs has P8Z68-V Pro.
Nothing has happened. No response after inserting the USB device.
I don't think that the change in the plist will help, but I will check it.

Look into console (system.log) if there are any messages about that kext.
Also check with kextstat (in terminal) if it got loaded (even if not working) or not.

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
I have a question regarding this Highpoint board. The 1022AM model is for Mac with built-in support for RAID at hardware level. The PC counterpart, 1022A does not provide such functionality. I am attempting to use the PC board 1022A in a hackintosh since I preferably utilize software RAID readily provided by OS X.
Has anyone tried such board in a hack? The reason is pricing. The Mac model is 3 times more! But according to Highpoint, both model use the same core USB3 chipset.

deadvolvo1

deadvolvo1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I have a question regarding this Highpoint board. The 1022AM model is for Mac with built-in support for RAID at hardware level. The PC counterpart, 1022A does not provide such functionality. I am attempting to use the PC board 1022A in a hackintosh since I preferably utilize software RAID readily provided by OS X.
Has anyone tried such board in a hack? The reason is pricing. The Mac model is 3 times more! But according to Highpoint, both model use the same core USB3 chipset.

I have the same question.

HighPoint RocketU 1022A

vs

RocketU HighPoint Dual USB 3.0 for Mac

Both models look identical in closeup pictures, but may have a different hardware ID, to get the "if they really need it" crowd to make Mac support worth the effort ($$) for HighPoint.

I think it's probably worth the $17 pricetag to find out. However, if anyone has tried and failed....Definitely speak up.

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

I have the same question.

HighPoint RocketU 1022A

vs

RocketU HighPoint Dual USB 3.0 for Mac

Both models look identical in closeup pictures, but may have a different hardware ID, to get the "if they really need it" crowd to make Mac support worth the effort ($$) for HighPoint.

I think it's probably worth the $17 pricetag to find out. However, if anyone has tried and failed....Definitely speak up.

Yeah, kudos to you. Let us know since I have time to move on to ext. USB. Thunderbolt is not available yet!

Dash Badcock

Dash Badcock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Look into console (system.log) if there are any messages about that kext. Also check with kextstat (in terminal) if it got loaded (even if not working) or not.

I tried this. No joy. Kext loads fine with no errors but USB 3 hardware not recognized. I tried adding IDs to PCIPrimaryMatch and changing it to PCIMatch. Doesn't work.

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

I tried this. No joy. Kext loads fine with no errors but USB 3 hardware not recognized. I tried adding IDs to PCIPrimaryMatch and changing it to PCIMatch. Doesn't work.

It's funny how Highpoint markets same PC and Mac products from teh same chipset. I use a Highpoint SATA internal card (6GBs) and empoy 2 disks for RAID0. The machine runs perfectly except the card itself does not list properly in Systems. However, all the functionalities are there. What I am saying is it may not list in Systems but may well be fully functional. Take a look at teh attached graphic.

Attached Files

koliberK

koliberK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hi there,
just got my new PCIe USB 3.0 card with ASMEDIA chip.
Attached File  screenshot_01.jpg   708.36KB   118 downloads

But after adding Highpoint drivers, it still do not work/show up in OSX. How i can read/update/change Device ID in Highpoint driver ?

Dash Badcock

Dash Badcock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

It's funny how Highpoint markets same PC and Mac products from teh same chipset. I use a Highpoint SATA internal card (6GBs) and empoy 2 disks for RAID0. The machine runs perfectly except the card itself does not list properly in Systems. However, all the functionalities are there. What I am saying is it may not list in Systems but may well be fully functional. Take a look at teh attached graphic.

Sure - it might not be identified but its still listed there as 'unknown'. With these USB 3 drivers it isn't detecting a super hi speed bus at all. Perhaps someone with more kext knowhow than me can take a look

idoc

idoc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
I picked up a secondhand ET2210 and have been fiddling with 10.8 r3 today.
It seems if you install a modified caldigit driver from Here and force it to load by removing extraneous matching in the info.plist (IOPCIClassMatch 0x0c033000 only)
it will recognise the usb3 ports, at least it does on this rig.

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 889 posts

Same with CalDigit USB3/eSATA card, the USB3 recognized in System Profiler but eSATA shows as unknown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy