It now fully supports auto-opening binaries (by opening a .dmg, .iso, .bin, .ppf file and clicking the appropriate select button, it will then auto-link in through the Finder).
The PPF-O-Maker can also link .txt files (for the file id.diz part).
I also fixed some bugs in this release.
I also changed the code so it should be possible to compile it on 10.3 (and less, should compile for all versions of OS X now).
It also works perfectly for Lion.
The binaries are under build/Release (for Lion).
I'll recompile for Snow Leopard (and older) soon.
Downloads for PPF-O-Suite V5.0.0
Command line tools for Windows (V1-V4 support, 64bit file handling fixed):
PPF-O-Maker V5.0.0 for Windows (V1-V5 support):
PPF-O-Matic V5.0.0 for Windows (V1-V5 support):
EDIT: New release (4.2.1)
- Fixed some bugs related to importing/auto-linking image/PPF files.
- Optimized code for running fast.
- Changed some deprecated code (checks for Mac OS X version, chooses optimal for any version of OS X).
- Added .img support for Finder imports.
- Changed default compiler to LLVM GCC 4.2
- Fixed the code for compiling for 10.3
- Built the code for 10.3-10.7 (from Panther to Lion)
The main zip contains the build for Lion and the sources.
The other zip contains the builds for Snow Leopard, Leopard, Tiger and Panther
EDIT2: I started a Sourceforge project for PPF-O-Suite
EDIT3: Another new release (4.3.0).
- Updated PPF-O-Maker to be able to generate V1 -> V3 PPF patches (V1/V2 = 32bit, maybe handy for small files).
- Fixed a small Panther issue (Importing from Finder)
Everything is available from the project page.
Code is available through git or downloading zipped sources.
EDIT4: Another new release (4.3.2).
- Added PPF V4 file format (uses dynamic offset and patch sizes, supports large patch blocks).
NOTE: Not enabled to generate by default. Select PPF Version menu item and then Version 4 to generate V4 files.
This also decreases the file size a lot while supporting fast operations.
This also means it optimally aligns the patch entry and offset entry (from 1B to 8B entry).
Also patch replacement code now supports more then 255B patch blocks.
Tests shown this to generate patches of 245,8MB (V4) instead of 279,1MB (V3) - Tested with binary test files.
- Fixed PPC code (Tested on PowerBook G4 under Leopard 10.5.8).
- Added support for PPF V4 on PPC (converting the patch size bytes and offsets to big endian - directly).
Code is available through git or downloading from project page.
EDIT5: Yet another new release (4.4.0)
-Added full NSDocument support (multiple windows are now possible)
-Added separate NSWindowController (for better window handling)
-Added Lion full screen support
-Improved auto-opening support (detects opened file)
-Dock menu added with options to open / save among other things
-Resizing support of the window implemented
-Lion sandboxing implemented (not perfect yet, crashes on document open from Finder), use the no sandboxing version..
-Code signed on Lion + Snow Leopard + Leopard versions
-With PPF-O-Matic the 2 open buttons have been replaced with 1 open button
-With PPF-O-Maker the 3 select buttons have been replaced by 1 open button
-Help files fixed for all versions of OS X
-Updated help with latest instructions
-Certificate included (in case it is needed)
-Window shows opened PPF files after program name (e.g. PPF-O-Matic - test.ppf)
-Added new about window (nicer, cleaner)
EDIT6: Next version (4.4.1)
-Fixed some bugs
-Fixed sandbox support on Lion (no sandboxing version no longer needed)
-Fixed Dock menu for PPF-O-Maker
EDIT7: Version 4.4.2
This update has some more changes including:
- Better support for older Mac OS X versions.
- Several fixes
- Some optimizations
- Redesigning of the interface
- Signed now with my own developer certificate from Apple
- Made everything tamper proof
- Sandboxing works well so processes of the apps are fully isolated
- PPF-O-Matic and PPF-O-Maker will soon be available as separate apps from the Apple App Store
EDIT8: Version 4.4.2 update
- Added a Windows version (XP -> 7 guaranteed working, 2000 maybe) based on Cocotron (my own custom blend of the SDK).
It's available from the project page as it is too big to upload...
The page will by default auto-select the Mac or Windows version depending on your OS.
EDIT9: Rebuild of V4.4.2.
- Added multiple thread support (can now really run everything together).
- For now built for 10.6/10.7 (Snow Leopard or Lion).
- Changed icon because app store rejected icon.
- Fixed window bug.
- Changed Finder app display name (just PPF-O-Matic/PPF-O-Maker now).
- Some locks for when app is running patching / making patch.
- Added PPF file version confirm dialog.
- Fixed some more bugs.
EDIT10: Fix of threads of V4.4.2 Windows
- Threading fixed for Windows.
- New alert dialogs for Windows.
- PPF file format V5
+ Support for high-efficiency compression
+ Support for password protection (AES CBC)
+ Embedded picture support (128x128 optimally, PNG/GIF)
+ Embedded audio support (MP3/M4A)
- Generating SHA1 checksum
- Generating SHA256 checksum
* Windows only: fixed 64bit file handling
* Windows PPF-O-Matic: disabled player during patching (caused crashing of the app)
The Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8 version is available in the App Store (PPF-O-Maker / PPF-O-Matic)
The Windows version is freely available for download above (PPF-O-Maker+PPF-O-Matic+Command Line Tools)
Note that the Windows versions of the apps also use ObjC technologies and are almost as advanced and fast as the OS X version