AppleIGB.kext

hnak

78 posts in this topic

Same problems here. On Mavericks my connection drops about every 5 minutes and I have to restart my computer.

Thank you!

EDIT: On Mountain Lion same problems. I think it has to do with the 5.0.6 update. Is there any download for the old version to try out if the problem is hard or software wise.

EDIT EDIT: I have found the 5.0.5 version and it's working at least on Mountain Lion. Haven't tried Mavericks yet. Here's a Download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!oB1CFa6T!fUc30GDEDEln9_txFAF8R1fHgmExNX11YJWBdFoS1_w (If it is not allowed to post a link, please tell me or delete it)

Can you share you PCI Vendor and Device IDs? Should make it easier to search for.

I just had this problem again on Mountain Lion and Mavericks with a Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1521]. Thank you so much for linking the 5.0.5 version as that version is working for me. I wonder if this is a problem in the code base or something from the cross-compile...

• 2 months later...

I'm also using an X9DAi motherboard with an Intel i350 Dual port Gigabit ethernet. I first tried the 5.0.5 driver but I have the same problem as others (when uploading fairly large packets the port stops communicating both ways). Which driver should I be using on Mavericks?

• 1 month later...

This is now stable again for me on 10.9.3. Thank you!!!!

Justroach which network adapter do you use? It didn't work for me. Same problems (I'm on X9DAi motherboard with an Intel i350 Dual port Gigabit).

• 2 weeks later...

Justroach which network adapter do you use? It didn't work for me. Same problems (I'm on X9DAi motherboard with an Intel i350 Dual port Gigabit).

Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1521]. This is onboard my motherboard.

FWIW this just crashed on me again twice. Not sure what happened. It worked great and let me transfer ~10TB without hiccups...

I've got a Supermicro X8DTi-F MB with an Intel 82576 ethernet controller on it and when I load the latest (5/18/14) AppleIGB.kext, I never get a link up and the system log is filled with these messages ;

ul 18 17:25:59 Toms-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: AppleIGB::startTxQueue()

Jul 18 17:25:59 Toms-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: AppleIGB::stopTxQueue()

Jul 18 17:25:59 Toms-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: AppleIGB::startTxQueue()

Jul 18 17:26:00 Toms-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: AppleIGB::startTxQueue()

Jul 18 17:26:00 Toms-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: AppleIGB::stopTxQueue()

Fresh install of Mavericks 10.9.4

Help!

--EDIT--

A little more info...

With the 5.0.5 driver, network preferences says it's connected with a self assigned IP. Changing it to Manual and putting in a valid IP for my LAN plus net mask, gateway IP, AND DNS still doesn't get me connected.

It all works fine on Linux Mint.

Edited by tpluth

• 2 weeks later...

Hnak, would it help you if I could do some testing on the 82576? I'm a newbie at debugging drivers in OS X, but I'm a software professional with 35 years experience, including work on device drivers. I'd welcome the opportunity to learn and help.

Hnak, would it help you if I could do some testing on the 82576? I'm a newbie at debugging drivers in OS X, but I'm a software professional with 35 years experience, including work on device drivers. I'd welcome the opportunity to learn and help.

If you can make a working build on 82576, send me your patch. I will incorporate the code into my version control.

• 4 weeks later...

If you can make a working build on 82576, send me your patch. I will incorporate the code into my version control.

I wouldn't know where to start on fixing the bugs but if I can gather some information and do some testing, I'd be happy to.

For now, I'm plan to use a pci card that should be supported.

• 3 weeks later...

What does version 5.2.9.4 do for us?

Thanks

As far as I read from the comment ( e1000.sourceforge.net), the changes in 5.2.9.2 -  5.9.2.4 are for Linux build problems.

The only comment in 5.2.9.2 which might be related to Mac build is "Errata fix for flashless i210/i211 designs (Errata 25)". 

I forgot to update the top message of this thread,  the actual linked file is already 5.2.9.4.

• 1 month later...

Hello
This driver  not worked in virtualbox or vmware with bridged interface settings. My NIC intel 82575GB(8086:10d6) and intel i211(8086:1539). My simplified schema network:

router<————————>host<—————————>guest
                     cable                              bridge

Ping worked:
host - guest
guest - host

Ping not worked:
guest - router
router - guest

I use still NIC I218V (AppleIntelE1000e.kext), here is all good, ping worked guest - router,  router - guest.

Has anyone an idea how to fix it ?

Hello

This driver  not worked in virtualbox or vmware with bridged interface settings. My NIC intel 82575GB(8086:10d6) and intel i211(8086:1539). My simplified schema network:

router<————————>host<—————————>guest

cable                              bridge

Ping worked:

host - guest

guest - host

Ping not worked:

guest - router

router - guest

I use still NIC I218V (AppleIntelE1000e.kext), here is all good, ping worked guest - router,  router - guest.

Has anyone an idea how to fix it ?

I happens when promiscuous mode does not work correctly.

You need to debug and fix the code.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello everyone,

I know this post is old, but I'm running a supermicro board (X9DAi) on 10.9.5, on my side AppleIGB is terribly unstable, and produces 90% of the time kernel panics.

Has anyone here experienced that too ? If so, how did you circumvent that problem ? the nics are Intel's i350.

I've tried using the IntelE1000.kext and adding the devices ID's from the AppleIGB, and strangely the NIC seems to be recognized, but is unable to do DHCP or to effectively send information. I tried setting a manual IP and pinging outside doesn't work (not even the router).

Any ideas ? I have a screenshot of the KP if needed.

• 1 month later...

What version do you use?

I think I also has same boat.

I use AppleGB.kext, 5.2.9.4 with El Capitan10.11.3(15D21)

Hello everyone,

I know this post is old, but I'm running a supermicro board (X9DAi) on 10.9.5, on my side AppleIGB is terribly unstable, and produces 90% of the time kernel panics.

Has anyone here experienced that too ? If so, how did you circumvent that problem ? the nics are Intel's i350.

I've tried using the IntelE1000.kext and adding the devices ID's from the AppleIGB, and strangely the NIC seems to be recognized, but is unable to do DHCP or to effectively send information. I tried setting a manual IP and pinging outside doesn't work (not even the router).

Any ideas ? I have a screenshot of the KP if needed.

• 2 months later...

I'm a user of supermicro X8DT3-LN4F. It features Intel 82576 with 4 LAN ports.

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/QPI/5500/X8DT3-LN4F.cfm

The AppleIGB Kext works well in Mountain Lion but after upgrade to Mavericks 10.9.5 I got the same problem that some users have :

AppleIGB::startTxQueue()
AppleIGB::stopTxQueue()

etc.

it never ends.

When my system boots, Chamelon detects my LAN ports well, the leds are working but when OSX Launches, the driver just turns off the connection (lights stops binking on the lan port). The system still boots and I can see my 4 ports in the network interfaces panel but none is able to connect and lights are still off.

After editing the Chameleon org.chameleon.Boot.plist I added the id of my intel 82576 to the system. I found it with some software and the system recognized it, but still same problem with no connection. It just changed the status "integrated lan" to YES in system info software and change the names of lan ports in the System preferences->Network but nothing better. The best status i got was the orange color says : this network adapter have a self assigned IP. Then, maybe there is a solution to use the AppleIGB from mountain lion because it was working fine... but I didn't succeed in doing that.

If someone has some clues it will be very helpful, because my system with mountain lion isn't optimal and I found with Mavericks 10.9.5 it's faster and more stable, my only problem is this LAN problem...

Thank you very much for your help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been using the AppleIGB driver for two days now, and it works great in OS X 10.10.5.  But occasionally I'll get a kernel panic at boot time.  Simply rebooting a few times makes it work.  Any idea why?

post-1122323-0-37905400-1469731551_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings,

Tested on 10.11 and currently working on my SuperMirco XD8T3.

Thanks to RehabMan for FakePCID,

install all Kexts.  (all were modded with the 82576  VEN&PCI  ID. )  

your done.

FakePCIID.kext

FakePCIID_Intel_GBx.kext

SmallTreeIntel825576.kext

fully running at GB speed, DHCP, no more error dumps, sleeps , shuts down and restarts. :)

Good Luck Gents.

• 3 weeks later...

I went away from this driver for a while, trying to fake my i211 as an i210 and use Apple's native driver, but I finally realized that won't work.

So I'm back to AppleIGB. It works fine for a few minutes, and then it just stalls. No errors that I can see in system.log, and System Preferences shows it's still connected, but I can't ping any server. When I unplug the ethernet cable, the computer instantly reboots. About 30% of the time, it causes a kernel panic at boot time.

I'm using the latest 5.3.5 on OS 10.10.5. Hardware is in my signature.

• 4 months later...

My I350 is running fine with the AppleIGB driver installed in the CLOVER/kext. Mac can do Vlans, both network ports are running fine.

But it seems, promiscous mode is not possible. Wireshark doesn't see any packets other than broadcasts. Parallels is not receiving any packets (although switch has the Parallels MAC addresses forwarded all to the Mac switch port).

I tried to set

<key>i350</key>
                <dict>
                        <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
                        <string>com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIGB</string>
                        <key>IOClass</key>
                        <string>AppleIGB</string>
                        <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
                        <string>0x15218086 0x15228086 0x15238086 0x15248086 0x15468086</string>
                        <key>IOProviderClass</key>
                        <string>IOPCIDevice</string>
                        <key>NETIF_F_TSO</key>
                        <false/>
                        <key>NETIF_F_LRO</key>
                        <false/>
                        <key>IFF_PROMISC</key>
                        <true/>
                </dict>

but IFF_PROMISC is just a bitmask in the code.

I also searched the source code for any hint enabling promisc mode permanently. No chance. No ethernet frames with any other destination MAC than one of my local ones can be seen on doing capturing on my i350 ports.

is promiscous mode broken in AppleIGB? Any hints welcome where to have a look into.

/meier