New MacBooks Tuesday?

18 posts in this topic

I don't think we'll see merom macbooks/macbook pro's until after christmas. Firstly - apple made a silent switch to merom on the iMac - if they had new macbooks or macbook pros ready then they would probably have released them then. Secondly the event on Tuesday is probably going to be focussed on movies downloads / iTunes and any associated gear (iPod's etc). Thirdly Apple's macbook lines are still selling quite well and i suspect apple will want to milk the christmas market to get rid of all their old yonah chips. Macbook Pro's only hit the market in April and Macbook's in May - i think it's too early for an upgrade.

On the other hand the switch to intel is widely expected to increase update frequency, and apple may choose to keep leftover yonah's for it's mac mini line...only time will tell. I'd hold of any Apple purchases till tuesday anyway.

;) Why would they upgrade now the Macbook and then make some major changes in 3 months time? -- I mean when Santa Rosa will come out.

Think about Santa Rosa offers and see that it's the next Macbook.

Thay are selling just fine in current configurations. Make the PRO a PRO and leave the macbook exhaust that Yonah supply (with the mac mini) :)

I would bet for next year merom macbook, this xmas merom MBP.

As much as I dont want to agree I think we will se an upgrade in the MBP first, apple really needs to distinguish the difference between the two. On the other hand if they are selling out of the old chips by all means let them sell out in the minis. One thing I have been learning while surfing is a ton of people have been holding out for MBP and MP with c2d and that could slow down there sales as well. Especially with dell selling a sweet configured notebook with c2d for $600 and some nice upgrades still falling below $1000. Downside OS.

I hope they will come out after the education discount on the 16th with a free nano.If they dont come out with it by oct 1 I will get my MB.

Merom Mac is prob what I want if they dont cost as high as the MBP.

X3000 is good ? lol i dont know of any GMA stuff being so good .

X1900 =]