New InsanelyMac website!

Ed

23 posts in this topic

It's been a long time coming but we finally managed to deliver the all-new InsanelyMac website over the weekend, with a majorly upgraded forum, which I hope everyone will benefit from and should deliver better stability during peak traffic times.

If you spot anything that's not quite right or have any queries, please direct your questions here and we'll do our best to help you out!

Enjoy the new forum guys

Click here to view the article

• Like 2

It's been a long time coming but we finally managed to deliver the all-new InsanelyMac website over the weekend, with a majorly upgraded forum, which I hope everyone will benefit from and should deliver better stability during peak traffic times.

If you spot anything that's not quite right or have any queries, please direct your questions here and we'll do our best to help you out!

Enjoy the new forum guys

Click here to view the article

Hi,

I moaned the other day via twitter because performance was dreadfful which I'm pleased to see has been resolved and is no longer an issue (apparently this was due to some work being carried out on the forums as part of the migration so is not in any way a symptom of the new site btw).

The only problem I have noticed since is that several times when editing a post and submitting it nothing appears to happen but refreshing the page will show the updated post.

Also what on earth is <{POST_SNAPBACK)> all about?? I see this a lot in old threads.

I like change so well done. The forums looks completely different now and as with any change, things will take a little while before it feels normal again. Right now, the site feels harder and slower to read for me.

I think the <{POST_SNAPBACK}>'s are supposed to be previous 'Quotes' in older topics (or maybe links to the previous quote). Quoting a post with the new software works, but somehow I don't think upgrade converted previous quotes correctly (Just a guess).

I think the 's are supposed to be previous 'Quotes' in older topics (or maybe links to the previous quote). Quoting a post with the new software works, but somehow I don't think upgrade converted previous quotes correctly (Just a guess).

The ones with haven't yet been converted. We are running a post rebuild to fix the formatting issues, but it hasn't yet finished. Uninterrupted it theoretically should take 29 hours from start to finish (a lot of posts :)), but it has been having issues during periods of high server load. It's currently running in another browser window, 47% 75% complete. No ETA.

Poco

Damn why fix a cup when it's not broken.....attachment upload is dead. 'No file...' response after browse and upload. Thy defuncted an old G5 PPC Opera 10.10 browser (upgrade impossible due to no more ppc support).

Things are:

About Opera

Version-information

Version

Buildnumber

Platform

Mac OS X

System

Java

Java Runtime Environment installed

Browseridentification

Opera/9.80 (Macintosh; PPC Mac OS X; U; nl) Presto/2.2.15 Version/10.10

Anyway....back 2 Safari (the last PPC one) I guess.

• 2 months later...