• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

gbpackcdr

gbpackcdr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Mac Mini Server (mid 2011) and I have used bootcamp to dual boot a 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate OS. When I had originally set up dual boot system when I hit option on the keyboard it only took 5-10 seconds for the different hard drives to show up. It started to take over a minute of me holding the option key to show the different partitions so I decided to download rEFIt, hoping it would speed up the process or at least not force me to hold option the entire time.

What is the normal time after a restart it should take rEFIt to load and allow me to chose my OS? Is there anyway to speed up the process or is over a minute a normal time to show rEFIt (doesn't include the OS bootup time)?

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
rEFIt will not help to solve the problem and <1min is not the good time. IMO the HDD is to blame. Try checking it for errors/bad sectors (both with Disk Utility and disk manufacturer provided tools).

gbpackcdr

gbpackcdr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Using the Mac OS Disk Utility I hit repair disk and it didn't seem to improve anything. I also timed it and once I hear the restart sound it took 107 seconds for the rEFIt screen to pop up which allows me to chose an OS. Is there any other solutions?

gbpackcdr

gbpackcdr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I had a USB attached them seemed to be slowing down the boot process.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rEFIt dual boot, max os, win

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy