[Semi RANT] Someone explain this one to me...

betam4x

2 posts in this topic

[RANT] I am working on getting lion installed via the USB guide at the top of this thread. I currently have a radeon 6970 which has always been problematic under OS-X. Once i created the USB stick and booted into the installer (passing in 1 parameter, "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32", I notice that i'm getting full hardware acceleration, 1080p resolution with extended desktop (only during installation though :( ). Why do we have so much trouble with these cards after installation?

Also, anyone have any tips on getting the networking functional on the ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z under lyon? Worked fine under snow leopard.

Thanks!

That would be because you are not actually getting any hardware acceleration at all during setup - the gldriver bundle is not even loaded. If you want to be able to boot with a 6970 after setup has completed (at which point it will attempt to load the gldriver bundle and fail) then you need to boot with -s and delete the ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle, clear the cache and reboot.