Should I update to 10.5.8? (10.5.6 iPC OSX86)

Braixen

2 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if I should update to 10.5.8

Most programs like GIMP need 10.5.7, so I go to update, and notice 10.5.8 - should I do this?

I know that GIMP will work on 10.5.8, it's that I don't know whether I will screw something up. I want to update because of app compatibility - I tried installing SL before (iATKOS S3 v2) but it failed so I'm using 10.5 (imo I like Leopard and SL more than Lion.)

My main reasons are to do with Safari and GIMP - iTunes keeps nagging me to get Safari 4.0.3 and GIMP is one of my favourite free editors.

If you have a non-retail system, then you should be extra careful with updates. Back up and make sure the back up works. Then do update.

As for updates... Do it if you really need it and/or you are 100% sure nothing will go wrong. Probably you should check this forum for more info on possible issues. IMO there is no point in 10.5.7 update when there is the final (I really doubt that there will ever be any newer update) 10.5.8 version. X.5.8 adds more features then 10.5.7 does. Therefore .5.8 is much more worth the trouble then .5.7.