Vista RC1 sound problems

Guest unclespam798

13 posts in this topic

Guest unclespam798

Has anyone gotten the sound working in RC1 through the speakers on the iMac, specificaly the 20". I've got sound through the headphones but nothing else. Any help would be great.

I installed VISTA RC1 and my net sucks (hardly works) no sites wants to load up, not even google. and my sound doesnt work so i ditched that {censored}

Guest unclespam798
How did you get it running through the headphones?

I have no idea. I downloaded like 50,000 drivers and one of them worked but cant remember which one. I think it was a realtek driver. I took vista off, I'll wait until all the drivers and bugs are worked out, but if anyones got a fix, fell free to add it. I will be one step closer to full support.

I'm not running VISTA on a real mac, but the problem exists in "pcs". I've changed my VISTA from 32 to 64 bits and the sound is only playing by the front jacks (headfones). Vista itself already installed a update to my soundcard (Realtek HD audio), drivers are fine, but sound only in the headfones. Also all the jacks appears in its control panel, but none seem to work except the front panel.

anyone have a clue how to get the sound working on a mini? i tried the new boot camp 1.1.1, but to no avail. the sound is the only thing that is really bothering me right now, i can live with the keyboard not working great, the crappy video card support, but the sound is driving me nuts.

Well, honestly, you might not even be able to hear the sound the speakers are so powerless...try some headphones. If not, windows update.

I got it to work (thanks to you of course)!! I tried installing the new drivers a second time, and this time everything installed and works perfectly. I have full keyboard, video card, and most importantly, sound support. Thanks for the help!