Sorry to bother you again bcc9. I try your method but got stuck at the terminal section. I mount the BaseSystem.dmg and it in Source, USB is in Destination in Disk Utility. After DU finished restoring to usb, my usb now become BaseSystem.dmg
[name='bcc9' timestamp='1321950172' post='1772623']
First here is some general information on setting up a 10.7 boot partition:
- Mount 10.7 image (the OSX lion .dmg image downloaded from Apple's app store)
- open /Volumes/Mac OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.dmg
- Run Disk Utility
- select 'Mac OS X Base System' (lower left of Disk Utility window)
- select restore
- select 'Mac OS X Base System' as source (should already be selected)
- select a partition on disk drive or usb thumb drive as destination, where partition has >= 5GB of space
- Click restore button
- Once the restore has been performed, from a terminal window:rm /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System 1/System/Installation/Packages cp -R /Volumes/Mac OS X Install ESD/Packages /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System 1/System/Installation cp /Volumes/Mac OS X Install ESD/mach_kernel /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System 1/
- Where "/Volumes/Mac OS X Base System "1" is the name assigned to your newly restored thumb drive partition, your name may be different here.
I open terminal and copy the code above w/out the "1", and terminal said no directory. please help.
2nd: i skip that code and install chameleon to USB and inside Extra folder, I do not see Extensions folder.
my usb lion never work at boot. thx