PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   UserIsActive                   0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   BackgroundTask                 1

Listed by owning process:
  pid 199(helpd): [0x0000000c0000015e] 00:01:51 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.helpd.sdmbuilding" 
  pid 40(mds): [0x0000000c0000012e] 00:02:13 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.metadata.mds" 

Kernel Assertions: None

kextstat | grep -v com.apple | awk -F ' ' '{print $6 " " $7}'

Name (Version)
com.yourcompany.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub (1.0.0d1)
org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (820)
org.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.1.0)
org.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.1.0)
com.bcc9.driver.DellBluetoothHCI (1.2)
com.superhai.driver.VoodooBattery (1.3.3)
org.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad (1.1.0)

hibernatemode 0 , 3 with both computer suspend and after 1 second power up
with hibernatemode 1 boot loader says it can't resume from encrypted image

AppleRTC patched with perl from 1'st page for CMOS issues 

FakeSMC is actually version 5.3

Whenever I have trouble with unintended resume from suspend, I first look at /var/log/system.log for clues, as the wake reason is reported there.

Sometimes the wake reason doesn't make sense, but often it tells you that it's a USB event and then you can start tearing down your USB usage to isolate what is going wrong.

Otherwise it's typically a misbehaving kext, and rolling back your tweaked kexts is a good way to narrow it down.

As far as I know, hibernation on hackintoshes has been broken since 10.7, as nobody has bothered to replicate the genuine mac encryption.

I'am using a replacement, bought for 35 Euros - it is ok for 2,5 h.

Thanks, that's not too much $$, but less than 1/2 what the smaller 6 cell battery is supposed to provide, so not very good capacity. You can watch maybe 45 minutes of video before the battery is dead with that capacity, I think.

• 2 months later...

I have a question about installation on Dell XPS 1340.  I installed Mavericks restore on a USB stick, was able to install on my new HDD drive via USB connection.  I reboot from my new installed Mac OS X Mavericks Hard drive using -v, all seems ok until the very end, where it goes into black screen and thats that.  After going back into windows 7 and running my MAC OS X Mavericks in the virtual box environement, I noticed that where my computer is going black is right where the OS x interface should be loading up.

I can boot the Mac OS under windows virtual box, but not as a clean install from a Hard drive.  I did try installing hd direct to laptop sata and does the same thing, so I know its not a USB driver halting my drive.  I have read a lot about DSDT files, fakesmc, smbios.plist and other files you have listed on your forum.

My question as a newbie non techie type, who really wants to get this mavericks working on my Dell, is do I need these files on the USB for install.  I can access the installed Mac OS installed on my new USB drive through Hackintosh vie windows VirtualBox, do I need to add files to folders on the installed drive Im trying to boot from for it to work.  I have read your article quit a few times and its a little technical for me and I really want this to work.

Can you give me a more basic set of instruction to follow.  I have managed a successful install on this drive, just cant get it too competely boot to the interface, Im sure Im missing something.  Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.  The screens I have posted are the last before it goes to black and i have to reboot.  I have also listed some info about by Dell Studio XPS 1340

Many Thanks Anthony

post-1457506-0-53871600-1420216575_thumb.jpg

post-1457506-0-23175400-1420216577_thumb.png

post-1457506-0-07297600-1420216579_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Perhaps the site admins can fix the links to the attachments. Most links in post #1 are to attachments in post #1. These used to work just fine; I assume one of the site outages broke things.

• 3 months later...

Hello !
For information, links from the 1st page have been restored, thank's :)
Unfortunately, I have a problem I can't seem to launch installation :(
Up here, OSX 10.6.3 was installed on my XPS and everything worked perfectly.
I want to try OSX 10.8.3 or 10.9.4 or 10.10.5 (all official), I can no longer start the installation after the first phase of boot, I get a black screen when the menus of install should appear.
I tried to do my installation key with bcc's method (first page), with MyHack and with #####, with the generic Extra folder and those of bcc's (FakeSMC and VoodooPS2 in Extra / Extensions and org.chameleon.boot and smbios in Extra) and nothing works ...
My key is formatted as necessary and makes 32Gb (1 partition, MacOS extented, MBR), in the Bios A15, IntelSpeedStep, Virtualization and DynamicAcceleration are disabled, SATA in AHCI mode, LAN, BT, Wifi, USB enabled.
I also tested with "-x" and "-x PCIRootUID=1" "-x GraphicsEnabler=Yes", nothing changes ... :(

If you ever have an idea, let me know!

thank you very much for your answer.

boot.plist is org.chameleon.boot ?

if yes, yes I have put this files in my /Extra folder.

My ​good DSDT is the DSDT-alt.aml, with other, boot freeze at ( PCI configuration begin ) (I have a 9500m)

However, even with the right DSDT, setup freeze at :

USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 4C5300001230204121395 0x781 0x5583 0x100, 2

with OSX 10.9.4, I will try another version ...

• 6 months later...

I have been happily running 10.10.5 for some time but want to transition over to 10.11 as a few of my apps require 10.11 to use the latest versions. I don't seem to be having any problems with getting 10.11 to boot in verbose mode but the graphics aren't initializing for some reason (UI never comes up). Any ideas? I am using the DSDT for 9400M which disables the 9200 and that has worked fine for me for 10.10.5. No kernel panic on USB or any other situation. Only thing that hasn't ever worked for me is the SD slot unfortunately. Any input would definitely be appreciated! 

I am using MacBookPro5,5 I can definitely Give MacBook6,1 a shot though. The only issue I am having getting it up seems to be something graphics related. The GUI just won't come up.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

trying to boot 10.11.5 on my system has only yielded a still waiting for root device error. I am using the Enoch branch of chameleon successfully on my desktop, however the laptop doesn't seem to be able to root. I am using the DSDT that disables the 9200M and it worked flawlessly up to and including 10.10 but for some reason I am running into this issue with AHCI on 10.11

• 11 months later...

Has anyone had success with 10.11 using Chameleon/Enoch with 9200/9400 graphics card?

I'm currently running 10.8 (which runs fine but the software is no-longer supported)

I have an image of 10.11 (from my mini) but nothing in-between.

Just wondering if I should continue with Chameleon/Enoch or consider changing to Clover in order to upgrade.

After a little fun I have got most things working with El Capitan and the old XPS 1340.

Everything seems to work except Audio. The patching AppleHDA V3 from the first post fails with 2 matches found expecting 4.

I would be happy to help sort this out with some advice from BCC9