Need to replace the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

s.sirio

37 posts in this topic

Bad sign, I have plugged in a USB external keyboard but no luck at all and the extra folder should have already in it the ApplePs2controller.kext unfortunatelly my stupid phone does not want to send file via bluethoot so I can't try directly the voodoo one but will try to succeed once at home in 3 hours..

usb external keyboard didnt work with usb fix hmm..

might have to mod dsdt some.

or try booting with -v -x USBBusFix=Yes UseKernelCache=No

also put the ps2 file in system library extensions.

if this does not work i remove ehci fix in dsdt

read from post 27 on http://www.insanelym...ic=259801&st=20

also replace System/Library/SystemConfiguration/Apple80211Monitor.bundle with 10.6.3 version

Hi LatinMcG,

I have dowloaded the linked kext (http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=150) and added the fix as per the guide posted here ( http://www.osx86.net/guides-tutorial...eviceid-s.html ) simply adding the string for my vendor ID and product ID [168c:002a]. It worked on my test installation and the card was recognised as native airport extreme with airdrop working.

Now that I have installed in E/E the kext on my Lion 10.7.2. (more o less the same of the test, probably with some more kexts) Lion at start up just freeze and there is no way to do anything but to press the power button and kill all, detach the card and it will start without problem. Unfortunatelly with the hope to sort the problem of the internal keyboard that I need to return to the office I had erinstalled the test partition and now it freeze as the main partition (keyboard works just fine). Do you have any idea of what is not working? Later today I will upload a copy of the kext just for you to see but the kext with out the card do not create any KP at all.

Will it make any difference if is the Kexts is in Extra/Extensions or in System/Library/Extensions? I am using Chimera 1.6 as boot loader.

Thanks and Regards

I put all of my extra kexts in Extra/Extensions so when I update to a different version they will not be touched.

The kext I have put there is the atherosfix.kext to which I have added the string for my card that was not there already.

I will post this on the forum in max an hour (just the time to go back home) and see if Lion likes it more if put in S/L/E.

What would it be the latest chameleon and where can I get it? I don't mind reverting to Chameleon if needed.

Thanks

Edit: Atherosfix Kext attached

atherosfix isnt needed with ar5b91 its device id 2a allready supported in 10.6.3+

the kexts u add wont get changed in /s/l/e unless theyre same as ones in update .. example applehda wont work in /e/e but does in /s/l/e .. however if it did work in /e/e it would likely load the /s/l/e newer version.

your issue is hp related i never have problems with that card in a few laptops.. especially dell.

hp i never tried.. did have issue with toshiba once..seems if it came with intel 3945 .. its a headache to change. might have to go bcm94321mcp as thats a known hp working card. ( i have one reflashed to subvendor106b subsys 8D

have u tried changing the apple 80211monitor.bundle ?

might have to use a custom built iopcifamily compiled 32/64 for your lspci info

heres the original broadcom n oldie that works hp and can be rebranded with linux

http://www.ebay.com/...1-/280780977811

the hp/ compaq sps part number i have is 436253-001

the wireless card u have..does it have full pins or some missing?

like this AW-NE771 has full pins http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AZUREWAVE-AW-NE771-AR5B91-PCI-E-G-N-WIFI-WIRELESS-CARD-/250771138231 ( i should have doubted the card if it had missing pins like some acers not all. i have no issues with these but some laptops like toshiba and hp do not like the pins missing type)

Good news Mate, I have now amended the IO80211Family.kext adding the <string>pci168c,002a</string> to the contents/plugins/atheros40.kext/contents/info.plist.

Installed in S/L/E, rebooted and the new icon of the wireless was on the bar without any KP.

Now is there anything I should be on the look out when apple will release any update? Applying an update means that I have to re do it again?

thanks again for all the suggestion and support you gave me.

Regards

Attached for who might needed the patched ketxt

• Like 1

atheros40 is newer file.. strange 2a is missing ?? i have lion 10.7.2 and no issues

mine has 168c,2a already and 168c,30 above it. so why was yours missing ?? probaly messign with files from others guides. or using older version

we can fix the dsdt with the apple subvendor and subsystem (dsdthope allready has it in rp02) now that we know what issue was. (missing 2a info.plist for some odd reason)

The kext was the original since it was a fresh install just upgraded to 10.7.2. Not sure of why this made the difference but I have added the two "00" in front of the 2a changing in <STRING>pci168c,002a</STRING> and it woked on restart. I will try the DSDThope to see if it does not give me any KP, not sure but I remember I had to remove it for some reason. Do you also know why my pc can't go on sleep or what I need to trigger to make it work? In linux sleep works without problem but in lion I have the black screen, the fan working and no wake.