Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770

jamesaaaaa

7 posts in this topic

I have the gigabyte 5770 silent edition

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-p...spx?pid=3584#ov

I dont think qe/ci is enabled as the widget page doesnt do the ripple effect.

After using mac from time to time the screen just goes blank and requires a restart.

Any help would be much appreciated.

James

I'm sorry, but I unfortunately can not help you out on this one.

Just wanted to let you know, that I have the same problem with my Gigabyte 5770 Silent Cell. (Probably same card as yours)

I guess our version of the 5770 is not fully supported by chameleon/chimera by default.

I wonder, if you are having this problem just lately (while updating to 10.7.2) or for a longer time already? I ran into this problem after doing the update..

I'm sorry, but I unfortunately can not help you out on this one.

Just wanted to let you know, that I have the same problem with my Gigabyte 5770 Silent Cell. (Probably same card as yours)

I guess our version of the 5770 is not fully supported by chameleon/chimera by default.

I wonder, if you are having this problem just lately (while updating to 10.7.2) or for a longer time already? I ran into this problem after doing the update..

I literally just brought the card, before i was running 9400 gt no problems. I get all resolutions, it uses the ati5000 controller kext, maybe we just need to add our device ID to it? (Been running 10.7.2 the whole time) I think i read elsewhere its to do with the different ports to the standard 5770. Im not too sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been testing out different things in the last few days,

I'm glad to say, maybe I found a solution for this matter.

My 5770 Silent Cell now works without any problem, after I have used Chameleon Wizard and assigned my card with the vervet Framebuffer.

I do not own any games, so I can not check 3D behavior, but 2D is just fine. Quartz and Open GL also working.

vervet.png

• 2 months later...

Hello

I have tried this for a litte while now but still get the glitches and random lockups :(

Tho it became a lot better with the Vervet config but not 100% and it is now only recognized as 5700 series instead of the correct 5770

Anyone know where i can find some info on how to add my card to the dsdt, maybe could get it to work correctly that way or maybe someone have a other solution?

Cheers

Magnus