• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,097 posts
  • Interests:skiing, software, classic cars

Hello, could you please help me to patch my laptop's dsdt for battery?
I've tried several times but couldn't manage to make it work. It's Lenovo g570 i5 2410 
Thank you.

See post #158 and #159.

jamesclavel

jamesclavel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

hi rehabman, thanks for the reply. actually I followed that same tutorial on the "other site" which brings me to display the battery. i know i am close to the patch but with a few hiccups. :D

maybe you can share your insights well on the "other site" :D

fireofanor

fireofanor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

See post #158 and #159.

Yes, thank you. I've tried that on that site but didn't work.. Battery icon appears but shows no information no battery found 

I just don't understand what's wrong

jamesclavel

jamesclavel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Yes, thank you. I've tried that on that site but didn't work.. Battery icon appears but shows no information no battery found 

i think we had the same issue, there are other multi-byte registers that needs to be worked out. mine did the job but with incorrect values which resulted to incorrect display of information as well. i'm monitoring the thread on the "other site" for rehabman's reply. following the other site's thread is working. although there are still few things to work on to succeed. :D

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,097 posts

It means you didn't patch DSDT correctly/completely. Install the debug version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext to further isolate the issue. Check your entire DSDT for multi-byte EC fields. Also, some DSDTs have a non-zero SyncLevel specified for mutex objects and this can cause problems for OS X. See: https://github.com/R...ptop-DSDT-Patch, try to apply patch "Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"

mindlessmissy

mindlessmissy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Hello, could you please help me to patch my laptop's dsdt for battery?

I've tried several times but couldn't manage to make it work. It's Lenovo g570 i5 2410 

Thank you.

Hi firefanor, try the attached dsdt ...

I just managed to get my Asus working yesterday and took a quick look at your dsdt. Doesn't seem like too many edits are needed to get battery working BUT since I do NOT have a Lenovo g570 I can't confirm if the edits will work or not ...

Attached Files

fireofanor

fireofanor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Hi firefanor, try the attached dsdt ...

I just managed to get my Asus working yesterday and took a quick look at your dsdt. Doesn't seem like too many edits are needed to get battery working BUT since I do NOT have a Lenovo g570 I can't confirm if the edits will work or not ...

After a lot of hopeless dsdt patch attempts, i was about to give up and stick with old AppleACPIPlatform.kext. But with your edits, battery is working well now!   :thumbsup_anim:  I appreciate your help thank you very much  :)

Amble

Amble

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

There are existing patches in the repo which you could borrow from, but you're going to need to create a custom patch since none of the existing patches are an exact match. I can't directly link here (silliness), but google 'rehabman how to patch dsdt for working battery status'. That should get you close.

I was reading that thread today, I wonder if I understood this correctly.

Although it is possible to use an older version of AppleACPIPlatform (from Snow Leopard), it is desirable to use the latest version of AppleACPIPlatform because with computers that have Ivy Bridge CPUs it enables native power management for those computers. To use the latest version, DSDT must be changed to comply with the limitations of Apple's AppleACPIPlatform.

Does that mean that it's possible to get native power management working on Intel QM77 chip by using only DSDT? Or is ACPIBatteryManager still required?

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,097 posts

I was reading that thread today, I wonder if I understood this correctly.

Does that mean that it's possible to get native power management working on Intel QM77 chip by using only DSDT? Or is ACPIBatteryManager still required?

You're confusing things. Power management (PM) has nothing to do with DSDT or battery status. But Ivy PM needs AppleACPIPlatform.kext to be used in order to work. If you use an older AppleACPIPlatform.kext (so you don't have to do battery patches), then Ivy PM will not work.

Best way is therefore, current AppleACPIPlatform + DSDT patches to enable ACPI methods for battery.

ACPIBatteryManager is still required to get battery status in any case.

Amble

Amble

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

You're confusing things. Power management (PM) has nothing to do with DSDT or battery status. But Ivy PM needs AppleACPIPlatform.kext to be used in order to work. If you use an older AppleACPIPlatform.kext (so you don't have to do battery patches), then Ivy PM will not work.

Best way is therefore, current AppleACPIPlatform + DSDT patches to enable ACPI methods for battery.

ACPIBatteryManager is still required to get battery status in any case.

Ok, so for example PMPatch doesn't make native Apple Smart Battery Manager working?

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,097 posts

Ok, so for example PMPatch doesn't make native Apple Smart Battery Manager working?

The native AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext only works with real Macs. PMPatch has nothing to do with battery status.

adwestjava

adwestjava

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

How about my DSDT

i use ACPIBatteryManager and attached dsdt file..but still not work 

Please help  :)

Thanks B4

Best Regards

Attached Files

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,097 posts

How about my DSDT
i use ACPIBatteryManager and attached dsdt file..but still not work 
Please help  :)

Thanks B4

Best Regards

Use the debug version to get logs to system.log. Post relevant sections (filter 'battery'). Also post ioreg (use IORegistryExplorer v2.1).

Allaп

Allaп

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,064 posts

Works great for my Lenovo, i using Mavericks 10.9.1.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-01-24 at 8.05.02 PM.png   79.35KB   4 downloads

Thanks!!!

adwestjava

adwestjava

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Use the debug version to get logs to system.log. Post relevant sections (filter 'battery'). Also post ioreg (use IORegistryExplorer v2.1).

Thanks for your advice

here i attached both of files

Best Regards

Attached Files

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,097 posts

Thanks for your advice
here i attached both of files

Best Regards

You have two battery managers installed (voodoo and this one). Might not be a good idea. Also debug version is not installed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy