AppleACPIBatteryManager/AppleSmartBatteryManager For Lion

Zprood

182 posts in this topic

hello

rehabman

i use ur kext.. with 1.50 version all work good but some problems with caches .. and exception list kext.. if update the exception list .. first time no problems .. but few reboot again problems..

this not happen with 1.40 .. i try to use 1.50 and like i say it works.. but with that problems.. now i'm using again 1.40

thanks

hello

rehabman

i use ur kext.. with 1.50 version all work good but some problems with caches .. and exception list kext.. if update the exception list .. first time no problems .. but few reboot again problems..

this not happen with 1.40 .. i try to use 1.50 and like i say it works.. but with that problems.. now i'm using again 1.40

thanks

I don't find any need to update the exception list. I think changing the exception list is unnecessary/myth.

hello

i only say the 2 kext don't have the same behavior in caches.. all 2 works good ..

thanks

I only use kernel cache and no trouble here. What do you mean "2 kext"?

You might double check that your kc is being built correctly (monitor system.log during rebuild).

hi rehabman, i am working on my Lenovo Z470 which is currently running 10.7.2 and i plan to update it to 10.9 mavericks.

i have successfully installed 10.9 mavericks on one of the partition while keeping the 10.7.2 Lion on the main partition. most of the hardware works except i think which i have not tried is the LAN (works with 10.7.2 but in 32-bit mode).

I would like to ask help for DSDT patch to display the battery information on 10.9 mavericks.

attached link is my DSDT.dsl

https://db.tt/tEvwPPfO

i'm using macIASL to extract and patched for the laptop to work. - i currently used voodoo battery kext but some erratic / strange things happen when i used the laptop without connecting to the adapter. sometimes it works well and sometimes unpredictable. so I have read the thread for a few hours now but I don't understand much how to do it. I checked your GIT patches but I have not found a patch for Lenovo Z470.

I hope you can help me with this. thanks in advance.

#james

hi rehabman, i am working on my Lenovo Z470 which is currently running 10.7.2 and i plan to update it to 10.9 mavericks.

i have successfully installed 10.9 mavericks on one of the partition while keeping the 10.7.2 Lion on the main partition. most of the hardware works except i think which i have not tried is the LAN (works with 10.7.2 but in 32-bit mode).

I would like to ask help for DSDT patch to display the battery information on 10.9 mavericks.

attached link is my DSDT.dsl

https://db.tt/tEvwPPfO

i'm using macIASL to extract and patched for the laptop to work. - i currently used voodoo battery kext but some erratic / strange things happen when i used the laptop without connecting to the adapter. sometimes it works well and sometimes unpredictable. so I have read the thread for a few hours now but I don't understand much how to do it. I checked your GIT patches but I have not found a patch for Lenovo Z470.

I hope you can help me with this. thanks in advance.

#james

There are existing patches in the repo which you could borrow from, but you're going to need to create a custom patch since none of the existing patches are an exact match. I can't directly link here (silliness), but google 'rehabman how to patch dsdt for working battery status'. That should get you close.

hi rehabman, i managed to show the battery icon on the top (menu bar) using the patch method on your tutorial. there is one register which is using 256-bit. i'm not quite sure how to patch it.

attached is a screenshot of the battery status when unplugged. since battery is always showing 0% when plugged-in. as expected when unplugged it will displayed an almost drained icon. but when clicked, details showed as to "remaining time".

Screen%20Shot%202014-01-05%20at%204.06.1

i tried replicating the method I found as below:

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver/wiki/Lion-Support-for-DVx

since it's quite close to my DSDT code - compile as no-error. when I apply it on my /Extra folder and reboot, it shows the battery meter with correct information but the downside is I lost my QE/CI on HD3000 and it took sometime to boot and enter password. not sure why it affects the graphics adapter.

i currently removed the update as above to retain the QE/CI. below is the link for my current DSDT.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2646309/dsdt/System%20DSDT_patched.dsl.zip

any help is appreciated.

best regards,

#james

hi rehabman, i managed to show the battery icon on the top (menu bar) using the patch method on your tutorial. there is one register which is using 256-bit. i'm not quite sure how to patch it.

attached is a screenshot of the battery status when unplugged. since battery is always showing 0% when plugged-in. as expected when unplugged it will displayed an almost drained icon. but when clicked, details showed as to "remaining time".

Screen%20Shot%202014-01-05%20at%204.06.1

i tried replicating the method I found as below:

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver/wiki/Lion-Support-for-DVx

since it's quite close to my DSDT code - compile as no-error. when I apply it on my /Extra folder and reboot, it shows the battery meter with correct information but the downside is I lost my QE/CI on HD3000 and it took sometime to boot and enter password. not sure why it affects the graphics adapter.

i currently removed the update as above to retain the QE/CI. below is the link for my current DSDT.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2646309/dsdt/System%20DSDT_patched.dsl.zip

any help is appreciated.

best regards,

#james

Your DSDT has multi-byte fields in addition to the SMD0. See post #157 for a google search that will get you to the right place for a comprehensive guide for patching your DSDT for battery status. Hint: it is not here, but rather another popular website for hackintosh. This site does not allow links to that site (although that site allows links here) and I'm not willing to maintain two posts on two separate sites for the subject (maybe I should start to provide them on my blog...). I would have thought the clues I gave you in post #157 would be enough, but evidently not...

Hello, could you please help me to patch my laptop's dsdt for battery?

I've tried several times but couldn't manage to make it work. It's Lenovo g570 i5 2410 

Thank you.

See post #158 and #159.

Yes, thank you. I've tried that on that site but didn't work.. Battery icon appears but shows no information no battery found 

I just don't understand what's wrong

i think we had the same issue, there are other multi-byte registers that needs to be worked out. mine did the job but with incorrect values which resulted to incorrect display of information as well. i'm monitoring the thread on the "other site" for rehabman's reply. following the other site's thread is working. although there are still few things to work on to succeed. :D

Yes, thank you. I've tried that on that site but didn't work.. Battery icon appears but shows no information no battery found 

I just don't understand what's wrong

It means you didn't patch DSDT correctly/completely. Install the debug version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext to further isolate the issue. Check your entire DSDT for multi-byte EC fields. Also, some DSDTs have a non-zero SyncLevel specified for mutex objects and this can cause problems for OS X. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch, try to apply patch "Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"

Hello, could you please help me to patch my laptop's dsdt for battery?

I've tried several times but couldn't manage to make it work. It's Lenovo g570 i5 2410 

Thank you.

Hi firefanor, try the attached dsdt ...

I just managed to get my Asus working yesterday and took a quick look at your dsdt. Doesn't seem like too many edits are needed to get battery working BUT since I do NOT have a Lenovo g570 I can't confirm if the edits will work or not ...

dsdt.aml.zip

• Like 1

Hi firefanor, try the attached dsdt ...

I just managed to get my Asus working yesterday and took a quick look at your dsdt. Doesn't seem like too many edits are needed to get battery working BUT since I do NOT have a Lenovo g570 I can't confirm if the edits will work or not ...

After a lot of hopeless dsdt patch attempts, i was about to give up and stick with old AppleACPIPlatform.kext. But with your edits, battery is working well now!   :thumbsup_anim:  I appreciate your help thank you very much  :)

There are existing patches in the repo which you could borrow from, but you're going to need to create a custom patch since none of the existing patches are an exact match. I can't directly link here (silliness), but google 'rehabman how to patch dsdt for working battery status'. That should get you close.

I was reading that thread today, I wonder if I understood this correctly.

Although it is possible to use an older version of AppleACPIPlatform (from Snow Leopard), it is desirable to use the latest version of AppleACPIPlatform because with computers that have Ivy Bridge CPUs it enables native power management for those computers. To use the latest version, DSDT must be changed to comply with the limitations of Apple's AppleACPIPlatform.

Does that mean that it's possible to get native power management working on Intel QM77 chip by using only DSDT? Or is ACPIBatteryManager still required?

I was reading that thread today, I wonder if I understood this correctly.

Does that mean that it's possible to get native power management working on Intel QM77 chip by using only DSDT? Or is ACPIBatteryManager still required?

You're confusing things. Power management (PM) has nothing to do with DSDT or battery status. But Ivy PM needs AppleACPIPlatform.kext to be used in order to work. If you use an older AppleACPIPlatform.kext (so you don't have to do battery patches), then Ivy PM will not work.

Best way is therefore, current AppleACPIPlatform + DSDT patches to enable ACPI methods for battery.

ACPIBatteryManager is still required to get battery status in any case.

You're confusing things. Power management (PM) has nothing to do with DSDT or battery status. But Ivy PM needs AppleACPIPlatform.kext to be used in order to work. If you use an older AppleACPIPlatform.kext (so you don't have to do battery patches), then Ivy PM will not work.

Best way is therefore, current AppleACPIPlatform + DSDT patches to enable ACPI methods for battery.

ACPIBatteryManager is still required to get battery status in any case.

Ok, so for example PMPatch doesn't make native Apple Smart Battery Manager working?

Ok, so for example PMPatch doesn't make native Apple Smart Battery Manager working?

The native AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext only works with real Macs. PMPatch has nothing to do with battery status.

• 3 weeks later...

How about my DSDT

i use ACPIBatteryManager and attached dsdt file..but still not work 

Please help  :)

Thanks B4

Best Regards

Use the debug version to get logs to system.log. Post relevant sections (filter 'battery'). Also post ioreg (use IORegistryExplorer v2.1).