New features for Chameleon Preference Pane

rekursor

56 posts in this topic

Ok, right now i downloaded it again and installs it for me only, not for all Users. Works flawless like the 1st time, no invisible files and no problems *thumbup*

BTW i'm using a chimera prerelease for testing purposes

Didn't find anything wrong here, but I think it might work better now, (hopefully at least not crash for you?)

Please try the new r372 on my first post link

Good luck!

Here's another one. It's not a very long list as the previous one, so I just post it here.

/dev/disk0
  #:					   TYPE NAME					SIZE	   IDENTIFIER
  0:	  GUID_partition_scheme						*500.1 GB   disk0
  1:						EFI						 209.7 MB   disk0s1
  2:				  Apple_HFS Kucing2an			   491.8 GB   disk0s2
  3:				  Apple_HFS Installer			   7.9 GB	 disk0s3

What you ran was the old version, This is because there was a pb generating the build (needs a release build and I only built a debug one sorry)

Please test that rebuilt release version on my first page now and tell me if works better or different.

If it fails, only PM the trace if it contains another more informative/different kind of error, eventually try to build the pref pane from the sources if you are capable of doing so ; otherwise I'm sorry that it bugs for you and I'll probably stop here.

Hmm, when I dubbelclick on it and after installed, I can't start the prefpane ? what can I do to get it to work? i followed the instruction, it stated that I should dubbel click on it.

Make sure you use the latest version because there was a problem with latest binaries (not up-to-date),

I added a lot of Unit Testing modules that are located in the project named test_util, that might help you to figure out what's wrong too.

Hi I fixed a privilege problem occurring when running the new rescue boot disk image creator, I'll post a 368 version in few minutes on my first post

holle !may i ask you a question?It looks like your team is planning to add detection to more graphics cards (5xxM) in Chameleon:http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/202/ dose that means "optimus on mac" can be solve soon?

holle !may i ask you a question?It looks like your team is planning to add detection to more graphics cards (5xxM) in Chameleon:http://forge.voodoop...eon/issues/202/ dose that means "optimus on mac" can be solve soon?

Sorry that I can't answer you for now, I used to be very active on the booter too, but as for now, I'm just having a lot of fun with the prefpane.

I'll come back to the booter later, because as you may know ; all I develop is always free + open source, so my main benefit has always been clearly the knowledge that I can get by doing instead of only learning...

Presently, I love to get hands on objective c and cocoa , this is why I added quite a few features on the prefpane ... and it's only the beginning :)

holle !may i ask you a question?It looks like your team is planning to add detection to more graphics cards (5xxM) in Chameleon:http://forge.voodoop...eon/issues/202/ dose that means "optimus on mac" can be solve soon?

Off topic.

Relate to the issue you linked...

Go to the topic Chameleon 2.1svn Official PKG Installer & Binaries I recently post a pkg with some "extra card" (the same posted in the ISSUE topic)...

so if you "pls" test it let me know if your GFX is correcly reconized. So I can add it (commit your/s card)

End Off Topic

Fabio

@ rekursor

Amazing tools as always thanks!

getdump.txt

Off topic.

Relate to the issue you linked...

Go to the topic Chameleon 2.1svn Official PKG Installer & Binaries I recently post a pkg with some "extra card" (the same posted in the ISSUE topic)...

so if you "pls" test it let me know if your GFX is correcly reconized. So I can add it (commit your/s card)

End Off Topic

Fabio

@ rekursor

Amazing tools as always thanks!

holle! I am using chameleon 2.0 RC5 v1700 windows version as the bootlaoder,and here is the informations of my recognized graphic card GT540M,it can be correctly recognized but do not work ,if i set the smbios as mac pro, i would be jammed at where chameleon started reading nvidia graphic card 's rom ,i could not go on. (my pc module is Gateway ID47H02c i3-2310 + GT540M)

post-887963-0-55223100-1323006493_thumb.png

post-887963-0-62477300-1323006502_thumb.png

post-887963-0-47921200-1323006511_thumb.png

OK Version 2.1 455 Launched, added a more unit tests and made the flag edition api much more robust, I'd like to get some feedback now as it seems quite robust.

Hint:

To test the boot config without changing the real one create a copy and select the copy in the boot setup / boot config path menu,

then open a Finder window in /Extra(or wherever your boot file is) and select the detail view with preview, now you can check in real time the mods happening ...

Try hard edits on a copy, I just did that and couldn't break my flags in the boot config file.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...