An Unforgiving Frustration

Mikebrudu

3 posts in this topic

So I have been trying to make a hackintosh since the beginning of time, which as you all know means about 4 years. I keep stepping away from the hackintosh world because i keep FAILING, so I come here, on my knees, ready to do ANYTHING :wacko: for a little help.

MY EXACT SETUP IS AS FOLLOWS:

Intel Q6600

EVGA ultra 790i SLI mobo

8gb ddr3 ram

EVGA GTX 280

XFX GTX 280 - (I have tried the install with and without these SLI'd as well as with only one card in)

1 Terabyte western digital 7200rpm hard drive

and two haans g 28 inch 1920x1200 monitors

I am hoping (read praying) that there is some advancement in hackintosh tech that will allow me to run osx and namely FCP on my lovely, yet currently windows only, pc

I <3 this forum.

Thanks

-Michael

So I have been trying to make a hackintosh since the beginning of time, which as you all know means about 4 years. I keep stepping away from the hackintosh world because i keep FAILING, so I come here, on my knees, ready to do ANYTHING :wacko: for a little help.

MY EXACT SETUP IS AS FOLLOWS:

Intel Q6600

EVGA ultra 790i SLI mobo

8gb ddr3 ram

EVGA GTX 280

XFX GTX 280 - (I have tried the install with and without these SLI'd as well as with only one card in)

1 Terabyte western digital 7200rpm hard drive

and two haans g 28 inch 1920x1200 monitors

I am hoping (read praying) that there is some advancement in hackintosh tech that will allow me to run osx and namely FCP on my lovely, yet currently windows only, pc

I <3 this forum.

Thanks

-Michael

See my nForce Retail OS X Snow Leopard Install or OS X Lion Install guides or my blog nForce Install Guides or Series 7 nForce OS X Leopard Install Guide.......:)

Sort out your BIOS settings and get a PATA (IDE) DVDRW and install OS X initially with just one graphics card installed and connected to one display........also run the prepared USB or DVD/CD installer booted with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048.....