EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti SC Works?

omega64

6 posts in this topic

Would an EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti SC work with hackintosh?

Any information would be great! :rolleyes:

Yeah it works with full resolution and QE/CI but sometimes the system freezes (under Lion, not tested with SL). The card have 1024MB but System Profiler shows 1536MB. I don't find a solution for that issue yet

• 1 month later...

Yeah it works with full resolution and QE/CI but sometimes the system freezes (under Lion, not tested with SL). The card have 1024MB but System Profiler shows 1536MB. I don't find a solution for that issue yet

Hi, my MSI 550 Ti card has the same RAM error as yours.

By the way can you get your HDMI video port working too ?

Mine got one DVI port working only besides the RAM error.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Boot with Chameleon v.1083 or newer, or Chimera 1.7.0

2. Update to Lion 10.7.2 (Build 11C73)

3. Set "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" then you can get at least one DVI port working with wrong RAM size

4. Install this patched Natit.kext in /S/L/E you can get two DVI or 1 DVI + 1 VGA ports working at the same time with correct RAM size shown as 1024 MB instead of 1536 MB.

In this Natit.kext I have edited NVCAP, "VRAM,totalsize", & model in its Info.plist.

However I can NOT get its HDMI port working up to now.

Still waiting for the solution for HDMI display and HDMI audio !

Credit for qzheng7483

28th December 2011 at 14:09

GTX 550 TI users of this file may find they can use only one DVI output as single monitor, to use DVI + VGA two monitors together, goto S/L/E/Natiit.kext/Content, open Infor.plist with plisteditor, edit NVCAP , change the 9th byte from 08 to 0C, then you will get the VGA output actived too.

Natit.kext.zip

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I have a non-SC (factory-refurbished, in fact) GTX550Ti working just fine in OS X, Windows 8.1, and Server 2012R2 (I used to quad-boot, with both ML and the Mavericks DP of the month; however, since Mavericks went GM, I ejected ML and now merely triple-boot, not quad-boot).  Other than updating the Windows drivers, I needed to do nothing.  Mountain Lion and Mavericks both supported the GTX out of the box (complete with CI and QE); I'm simply waiting for proper Web/CUDA driver support for Mavericks GM, as there isn't any yet.