How do you change your title under your username?

9 posts in this topic

As I have been browsing these forums, I have noticed a few people customize their little title below their username (for example, mine is currently "InsanelyMac Protégé), such as LatinMcG with "Insanely digesting DSDT" and Alessandro17 with "Chief of Security", but I cannot find a way to change this. Do you have to have special status (such as a donator) to do this? I'm kind of confused...

Also, with titles such as "InsanelyMac Geek" or "InsanelyMac Guru", are those given based on the number of posts?

Thanks ahead of time. :)

My Controls -> Edit Profile Information ->Custom member title

Edit: I have just tried with my test account, group: members, posts: 2, I can't do it. Thus I suppose there is a minimum number of posts you need.

"InsanelyMac Geek" is based on number of posts.

"InsanelyMac Guru" I am not aware of such a title. Instead there is a "Guru" badge, granted by an administrator (we don't make many new Gurus these days).

My Controls -> Edit Profile Information ->Custom member title

Edit: I have just tried with my test account, group: members, posts: 2, I can't do it. Thus I suppose there is a minimum number of posts.

"InsanelyMac Geek" is based on number of posts.

"InsanelyMac Guru" I am not aware of such a title. Instead there is a "Guru" badge, granted by an administrator (we don't make many new Gurus these days).

I believe one of the people I saw with "InsanelyMac Guru" was JaS. It may come with the Guru badge...

• 4 years later...