Lion On G31M-S R2.0

henser paredes

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks i have this problem i have an Asrock G31M-S R2.0 Mobo and in its spefifications tells me that dont have AHCI Mode support... in the bios options only have... enhanced and normal mode...

some people told me that works fine at Snow leopard but i just want to install Lion... ive tried but never starts... ive used the method of installing without Usb with chameleon and when i boot to the installer stays freezed in apple screen

at bios configuration i putted like this

BIOS settings: (only the most important)

CPU Configuration: 
Enhanced Halt State [Disabled]
Intel Virtualization Tech. [Enabled] : (this option is present only if your CPU supports this technology)
CPU Thermal Throttling [Enabled]
No-Execute Memory Protection [Enabled]
Intel SpeedStep Tech. [Disabled]
On-Demand Clock Modulation [Disabled]

ACPI Configuration:
Suspend To RAM [Auto]
Repost Video on STR Resume [Yes]
Check Ready Bit [Disabled]
Restore on AC/Power Loss [Power Off]
Ring-In Power On [Disabled]
PCI Devices Power On [Disabled]
PS/2 Keyboard Power On [Disabled]
RTC Alarm Power On [Disabled]
ACPI HPET Table [Enabled]

IDE Configuration:
ATA/IDE Configuration [Enhanced]

USB Configuration:

USB Controller [Enabled] 
USB 2.0 Support [Enabled]
Legacy USB Support [Disabled] (PS2 mouse and keyboard)

when i boot in verbose mode this is that show me... it just wont start :blink:

6335161694_5153a61a89_z.jpg

and here

6334404757_9d0895cb1c_z.jpg

Can anybody help me... ?

I have a Asrock G31M-S R2.0 Mobo

2GB DDR2 Ram

512 8400gs Vga

80GB WD Sata HDD

Hi Henser, PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN? A new thread for this very common problem around? I can't believe it.

Well my friend, you must to know there exist from 10.6.8 (including 10.7) a new Chameleon 2.1 flag (npci=0x2000), and/or via DSDT fix (very easy way) to solve it. Please try reading from HERE. Just for record, by following any installation methods you want, it can put your /Extra/dsdt.aml file to the bootcd or USB pendrive. Good luck.

Hi Henser, PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN? A new thread for this very common problem around? I can't believe it.

Well my friend, you must to know there exist from 10.6.8 (including 10.7) a new Chameleon 2.1 flag (npci=0x2000), and/or via DSDT fix (very easy way) to solve it. Please try reading from HERE. Just for record, by following any installation methods you want, it can put your /Extra/dsdt.aml file to the bootcd or USB pendrive. Good luck.

thank you and Sorry my friend but that solution doesn't work for me... i just keep thinking that the problem that i have is from AHCI Sata controller that i dont have... because sometimes in my other pc when i boot in verbose mode tells me pci configuration begin, but It starts... on this mobo Doesn't starts the installation program for lion, i've putted this HDD on my other pc and yea it starts but when i put the HDD in this mobo doesn't start =(... and so... can anybody help me to boot the lion installer without having AHCI ? i have used this Guide to install mac osx Lion anyway i will be keep trying ;)

thank you :)

thank you and Sorry my friend but that solution doesn't work for me... i just keep thinking that the problem that i have is from AHCI Sata controller that i dont have... because sometimes in my other pc when i boot in verbose mode tells me pci configuration begin, but It starts... on this mobo Doesn't starts the installation program for lion, i've putted this HDD on my other pc and yea it starts but when i put the HDD in this mobo doesn't start =(... and so... can anybody help me to boot the lion installer without having AHCI ? i have used this Guide to install mac osx Lion anyway i will be keep trying :)

thank you :D

Please tell me, have you tried to install Snow Leopard with that "Motherboard" from Retail 10.6.3 DVD? What about that?

Anyway, in these thread seems to have it the answer it can works in Lion with that chipset ICH7 that you have, a very interesting way by using the PATA-ICH injector. Nothing to do for AHCI mode support. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Please tell me, have you tried to install Snow Leopard with that "Motherboard" from Retail 10.6.3 DVD? What about that?

Anyway, in these thread seems to have it the answer it can works in Lion with that chipset ICH7 that you have, a very interesting way by using the PATA-ICH injector. Nothing to do for AHCI mode support. Good Luck.

yeap... i succefully installed snow leopard with iatkos s3 v2 distro and some kexts and works perfectly... but ethernet port wasn't working... but i fixed it with kext helper and these 2 kexts IONetworkingFamily.kext and RealtekR1000.kext wich is inside of the other kext... and voila ethernet working... and installet 10.6.8 combo update and really good... now i have the extra folder to try to install lion... i think that the DVD that i had wich is iatkos l1 was not burnt correctly... then iwill try with another distro :rolleyes: if that works i'll tell you :) thank you :D