Need Advice for an old lappy HP Pavillion DV9601tx

blackbyte03

3 posts in this topic

I have an old lappy that is almost 3yrs old. M thinking of trying out Mac OS in it. Am a complete noob to the Hackintosh scene. I googled and across this forum through a post by user "Yzoryzor".( This Guy had the same lappy as mine. Wondering if he is still around, considering he posted way back in 2008 .Does any one know him personally?)

Product Specs Here

I have a few doubts.

1. Which version should I try? Leopard, Snow Leopard or Tiger? Stability is main priority.

2. Which Distro to use?

3. Most important. Can i get my wi-fi working in my model? If not,is there any alternate way, like changing the wifi card to a compatible one?

4. Do I have to flash my BIOS to a custom one or update it to the recent official version?

Looking forward for some advice.

Thanks

I have an old lappy that is almost 3yrs old. M thinking of trying out Mac OS in it. Am a complete noob to the Hackintosh scene. I googled and across this forum through a post by user "Yzoryzor".( This Guy had the same lappy as mine. Wondering if he is still around, considering he posted way back in 2008 .Does any one know him personally?)

Product Specs Here

I have a few doubts.

1. Which version should I try? Leopard, Snow Leopard or Tiger? Stability is main priority.

2. Which Distro to use?

3. Most important. Can i get my wi-fi working in my model? If not,is there any alternate way, like changing the wifi card to a compatible one?

4. Do I have to flash my BIOS to a custom one or update it to the recent official version?

Looking forward for some advice.

Thanks

Have a read through this thread. From the specs it looks like you should ok.