{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

I wonder if any of you encounter the following problem.

Sometimes at boot it get stuck and does not load all the icons next to the time,and mouse stuck too. 

After restart it works. 

But the worse case which happens after a stuck or not neccessary at a boot stuck, is that it boots and then shutdown (console shows something CPU halted, invalid node structure (for my partition)).

I tried install disk then repair.. but seems that the disk utility is not able to repair Invalid node structure...I also tried fsck / fsck_hfs..with no luck..

reinstall works, but after a while i get the invalid node structure error again

(bios mod - uefi,disk GPT , windows 8.1, ubuntu, osx 10.9.2) 

I have same problem: the mavericks installer stops at "Airport: Link down on en0...."

I tried to remove the wifi PCIe mini card, and I didn't get Airport: Link down error, but the installer unfortunately stops. :-(

The Mountain Lion installer start without problems!

I have an installed windows 8 in other partition.

I have same problem: the mavericks installer stops at "Airport: Link down on en0...."

I tried to remove the wifi PCIe mini card, and I didn't get Airport: Link down error, but the installer unfortunately stops. :-(

The Mountain Lion installer start without problems!

I have an installed windows 8 in other partition.

where is wifi PCIe mini card deleting ?

I don't understand how to set card reader product id and vendor id... what file and what property do i need to update ? Info.plist ?

card reader ---> use AnyCardReader kext and edit info.plist with your card pro id and ven id
edit idproduct &idvender under all except Fake Apple Card Reader SCSI Inject AnySDCardReaderAppleSBC AnySDCardReaderAnySBC 

Hello,

Any solution for the "AirPort en0 Reason 8" error?

I'm stuck here too.

I tried deleting the 'AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext', booted with '-x -v', no effect.

My concernes are that I'm trying this with a HDD with 3 partitions, one of them has Windows 8 on it. Should I format the Windows first?

And maybe the OS X Mavericks 10.9.2? I just downloaded it from the store. Should I try an older version? Where can I find a reliable one?

My specs: i5-2410M, nVidia GT 525M, wireless 1702

I used the guide from the #1 post.

I recomended for newbie (i'm too) that use step by step on Post#1. that is legacy bios mod (not ufi) and chameleon boot loader.

ill do step by step on Post #1 , use bios mod , but i ll again and again stop AirtPort link down 0 .

Hi!

I have installed successfully the Mavericks on my n5110. I can't solve the original problem (the installer stops at Airport link down or BootcacheControl: unable to open) I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with laptop support. It works well.

After the installing I used the "Post install" folder and now everything is working correctly!

Only the voodoops2contoller kext is a little bit strange, the mouse speed is more faster then touchpad and I can set the speed together.

Is exists voodoo kext for ALPS with gesture support?

• Like 1

Hello

I would like to thank the creator of the post and confirm another successful OSx Mavericks install on a DELL 15R N5110 system.

I have bought a RAM of 8 GB 1600MHz (SODIMM) and a atheros WIFI card with native support and my Hackintosh runs on speed like a proper Macbook 13' 2013.

Everything works fine except: the nVidia discrete chip and when I close the lid it does not go into sleep. 

Any fix so far about the Sleep or the nVidia, I've read that few people managed to boot with only nVidia by using DSDT any leads?

Is exists voodoo kext for ALPS with gesture support?

The problem with ALPS is that there is a limited support as far as I know, with a bit of googling you may find a few fixes. I personally found a kext (I don't remember where I found it delete the source) and I only have H/V scrolling, in combination with the synaptics control panel in order to make mouse settings smooth.

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

VoodooPS2synapticsPane.prefPane.zip

Hello

I would like to thank the creator of the post and confirm another successful OSx Mavericks install on a DELL 15R N5110 system.

I have bought a RAM of 8 GB 1600MHz (SODIMM) and a atheros WIFI card with native support and my Hackintosh runs on speed like a proper Macbook 13' 2013.

Everything works fine except: the nVidia discrete chip and when I close the lid it does not go into sleep. 

Any fix so far about the Sleep or the nVidia, I've read that few people managed to boot with only nVidia by using DSDT any leads?

Read the first page, make sure you use the correct DSDT, SSDT files..

The problem with ALPS is that there is a limited support as far as I know, with a bit of googling you may find a few fixes. I personally found a kext (I don't remember where I found it delete the source) and I only have H/V scrolling, in combination with the synaptics control panel in order to make mouse settings smooth.

Multi gesture support is enabled, there should be the correct kext within the guide, or somewhere in this thread, I cannot remember if there finger gestures are supported, but Im sure they were in the latest release.

Heya

The sleep problem was actually a hardware issue rather than DSDT's. I am waiting for a Lid sensor replacement from e-bay so fingers crossed, when I will install it, it will detect the lid state (open/close) and go to sleep. 

Read the first page, make sure you use the correct DSDT, SSDT files..

Multi gesture support is enabled, there should be the correct kext within the guide, or somewhere in this thread, I cannot remember if there finger gestures are supported, but Im sure they were in the latest release.

Also for the Multi-gesture support I have tried two the drivers from this Guide;

1. The driver from the "post-install" folder made my mouse working but when I was using two fingers the cursor was moving, meaning that the touchpad was not reading the second finger.
  2. The driver from the "if your touchpad doesn't work after restart replace voodoops2controller.kext"worked well since when I was using two fingers the cursor did not move, meaning that it was reading the second finger, but the OSx could not recognise my ALPS as a trackpad, even replacing the trackpad.prefpane did not work. 

Is there something I omitted from this guide during installing my touchpad?

Thank you for your reply.

---EDIT---

I am going to test again all the kexts, the pre-install, post-install, and the third driver provided for this post, in case I accidentally omitted a step.

Okay so i know this may be a little off topic, since it doesnt involve anything about the installation or anything, but i cant seem to help myself, which is why i thought maybe somebody here could help.

so the last time i did my dell was with mavericks at the beginning, i didnt upgrade after that or anything. my notebook was going very well, so i didnt want to compromise that. so now, it had been working at least a few months, but since a couple of weeks it began to crash eventually. it always was the same, i booted up successfully, but always when i tried to type anything with the keyboard, either in safari or any other type field, the keyboard started to fill it in with random letters or numbers and when i would try to delete them to type what i wanted to type, it would just be a lot more and then it would crash, without me doing anything. then it got worse, because it started to crash when i tried to login, with the same thing, keyboard going on its own and then crash, without being able to even login. now it got to a point where it wouldnt even boot. today i tried if it would change anything, when i disconnect the keyboard and it did. without the keyboard it boots like nothing ever happened and it is possible to use a usb keyboard. 

so my question is, if anyone of you has an idea, why the keyboard could create the crashes, i mean i didnt change anything at all and i dont think a keyboard just breaks out of nothing.

i would be really grateful if anyone knows what i could do....

if you need to know anything else just tell me 

thanks in advance  :)

when i disconnect the keyboard and it did. without the keyboard it boots like nothing ever happened and it is possible to use a usb keyboard. 

thanks in advance  :)

By saying disconnect you mean literally disconnecting if from the motherboard?

If so probably it may be;

1. a hardware problem: The keyboard sends insane keystrokes leading the system to crash? (It happened with me in the past with a toshiba A300 series keyboard kept sending insane keystrokes leading my Windows into blue screens)
  2. a driver problem: Try boot up windows through a live-USB and see what happens, also try replacing the VoodooPS2controller.kext.

My friend has updated to 10.9.2 and now can't boot.

I want to try to help him over the phone using the update method on page 1

Could anybody advise me on what boot flag he needs to get up to run the updater?

Ill try the usuals for now if i get no reply, cheers

Updates

Auto updator ( thanks to florin9doi for his Code )

after any new update like 10.9.1 , 10.9.2 ....... etc

you can install updates with out any fears from app store

and after restart

put Updator folder zip.gif  Updator.zip   15.58KB   319 downloads to desktop 

then open terminal and then type this 

sudo -s

cd
~/Desktop/Updator

./Update.sh

My friend has updated to 10.9.2 and now can't boot.

I want to try to help him over the phone using the update method on page 1

Could anybody advise me on what boot flag he needs to get up to run the updater?

Ill try the usuals for now if i get no reply, cheers

Updates

Auto updator ( thanks to florin9doi for his Code )

after any new update like 10.9.1 , 10.9.2 ....... etc

you can install updates with out any fears from app store

and after restart

put Updator folder zip.gif  Updator.zip   15.58KB   319 downloads to desktop 

then open terminal and then type this 

sudo -s

cd ~/Desktop/Updator

./Update.sh

I'm using chameleon, it update fine without do anything :D