{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Installed OSX version from APP Store GM Mavericks smoothly. A question to our friend Mohamed Khairy (all skillful and excellent person) really will require a clean install without the GM version installed works well, is fluid and all hardware components work perfectly.

Greetings and expect a comment. Sorry 

An apology for my poor English

it is better to me to save it with ioregistryexplorer

thanks

i see that dsdt load audio for hdmi good 

are you sure that you choose hdmi audio from system pref 

any way try this kext 

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip

if same no audio

try this

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext 2.zip

I have just updated to 10.9 using kext on the post#1, however the vga does not work for me :(, please help.

Thanks

i don't know cause of your problem try kexts above may solve your problem

and i can't  solve your problem as i don't know the problem

"Everything Works great except bluettooth Dell 1702 here". 

Working after changing  IOath3kfrmwr kext found somewhwerelse.

strange !

Installed OSX version from APP Store GM Mavericks smoothly. A question to our friend Mohamed Khairy (all skillful and excellent person) really will require a clean install without the GM version installed works well, is fluid and all hardware components work perfectly.

Greetings and expect a comment. Sorry 

An apology for my poor English

don't under stand your Q

do you mean installing GM over old DP8 install

Better to do clean install

@Mohamed Khairy If i install the new Mavericks GM can i upgrade to the final version later or would I have to do a new install?

I also have a freezing issue with my install anytime I click on any dropdown links in any app and sometimes when i browse ntfs partitions. Do you have  a dual boot install on your laptop or just OSx? Do you use chameleon or clover right now?

I'm thinking of doing th new install of GM to see if the new kext may solve my freezing although after doing the switchres mod I noticed my monitor is not recognized by Osx so most likely is why I got freezing.

My laptop is without Nvidia card just HD 3000 after installing should i remain using the provided DSDT or should i make my own and patch it following the one you provide?

Ok so i got everything working on my dell and it osx boots and run perfect without ever getting and freezes or artifacts , amazing work :D  , even HDMI + audio works :D so happy vga works / but no hot plug in :(  

Now i have a question if i buy a new dell laptop in the N serious will it also be simple to install osx and get it to work or will it require alot of work or no ? 

i am thinking of buy this new laptop http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRGJJIE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Ok so i got everything working on my dell and it osx boots and run perfect without ever getting and freezes or artifacts , amazing work :D  , even HDMI + audio works :D so happy vga works / but no hot plug in :(

Now i have a question if i buy a new dell laptop in the N serious will it also be simple to install osx and get it to work or will it require alot of work or no ? 

i am thinking of buy this new laptop http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRGJJIE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Do you have HD & Nvidia graphics or just HD? If so can you share or state what methods you did for no freezing?

What OSx build are you using? What bootloader and what version? Did you patch your dsdt? Do you use switchresx if so what settings are you using? Did you use all kexts provided here or do you have kext from external sources?

Well i have all my computer specs on my signature 

i am running Mavericks DP 8  

I just never had any freezing or artifacts after going to Mavericks

To make my bootable USB  i used myhack 

BootLoader - Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132  | Chameleon 2.2svn | myhack 3.2 

DSDT - the one provide by the topic for my specfic  cpu + gpu

Not using switchresx

All the Kext i use where form the topic here 

I may pack all the stuff i use for other people with same specs as me can use

again 

you can go to windows and connect hdmi display and then open nvidia control  

you will see that laptop screen is connected to intel card

and hdmi display is connected to nvidia card as you can use it for 3D

on mac we cant make nvidia card to work till now

so no hdmi display will work

@Mohamed Khairy If i install the new Mavericks GM can i upgrade to the final version later or would I have to do a new install?

I also have a freezing issue with my install anytime I click on any dropdown links in any app and sometimes when i browse ntfs partitions. Do you have  a dual boot install on your laptop or just OSx? Do you use chameleon or clover right now?

I'm thinking of doing th new install of GM to see if the new kext may solve my freezing although after doing the switchres mod I noticed my monitor is not recognized by Osx so most likely is why I got freezing.

My laptop is without Nvidia card just HD 3000 after installing should i remain using the provided DSDT or should i make my own and patch it following the one you provide?

this is the finial version 

about info about installation 

all that i do is on the guide

clover causes artifacts 

again 

Thank you. But in VGA? It´s possible, right?

again 

this is the finial version 

about info about installation 

all that i do is on the guide

clover causes artifacts 

Ok thanks. One other thing I did a bios update from a patch from this topic earlier this year, Is the bios patch that there now the same one or is it a new bios patch and do I still need to run it as I've done one before?

On my friends laptop, I patched DSDT and got HDMI to work on HD3000, but his does not have nvidia.., so if you have both, it will not work it seems, I didn't realise this..

Ok thanks. One other thing I did a bios update from a patch from this topic earlier this year, Is the bios patch that there now the same one or is it a new bios patch and do I still need to run it as I've done one before?

You shouldn't have to do it again, its written to the bios, otherwise it would be in a patch like DSDT..