{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

So I'm trying to triple boot my computer, and before I start I figured I would ask a few questions else I'll end up with my computer in the shop. I already downloaded all the files off the end of the third post, as well as the no nvidia. I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu already installed, though I need to through and make a couple more partitions before I'm ready to install (I am going to use 4 partitions, one of each OS and a fourth for data). Which is my first question, is there a certain format I should have my data partition for it to be recognizable for all the OSes? Also I'm unsure how large my partition for OS X needs to be. I have the Intel Centrino N 1030 wireless card, and the first post says wifi relies on having the 1702 card, but I figured I'd ask if there's a way to fix that. 

So I'm trying to triple boot my computer, and before I start I figured I would ask a few questions else I'll end up with my computer in the shop. I already downloaded all the files off the end of the third post, as well as the no nvidia. I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu already installed, though I need to through and make a couple more partitions before I'm ready to install (I am going to use 4 partitions, one of each OS and a fourth for data). Which is my first question, is there a certain format I should have my data partition for it to be recognizable for all the OSes? Also I'm unsure how large my partition for OS X needs to be. I have the Intel Centrino N 1030 wireless card, and the first post says wifi relies on having the 1702 card, but I figured I'd ask if there's a way to fix that. 

Intel Centrino don't work on OS X, well as space on the HDD for OS X to me at 50GB is enough.

Hey guys finally got my cousin's macbook. i did everything with 10.8.2 install tutorial. and USB managed to boot. now i'm stuck with this. i've been waiting for 20 minutes now it shouldnt have taken this long. You have any idea about how to fix this? Thanks

UPDATE: ok i solved stuck part. it was saying still waiting for root and i put usb on 2.0 port. now my problem is since that i don't have any other usb 2.0 ports and usb 3.0 doesnt work, i cant install it because i cant format the disk. now i got the crazy idea im gonna format the disk from iatkos l1 disk which lets me to use my only usb 2.0   :D then im going to boot from usb again and with keyboard im gonna install it. i hope ^_^

UPDATE 2: ok format the HDD with iATKOS L1 Disk now i'm installing it. let's see where this goes ^_^ 

post-1205076-0-90855100-1377514934_thumb.jpg

ok extract your dsdt and  attach it here will patch it to you then see 

Hi Mohamed Khair please can you patch my dsdt file, I installed the ML 10.8.4 but my touchpad not working i'm using right now a usb mouse and sound not working.

my laptop:

Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory: 8GB

Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Speakers / Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030

NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

My_DSDT_Files.zip

Try this DSDT my system is the same as yours except wi-fi card, sound works and the touchpad works just confused by this touchpad usability of it is not

Thanks I will try it. And please can you send me you PreInstall and Post Install files to ensure that everything wil work with me please.

Thanks I will try it. And please can you send me you PreInstall and Post Install files to ensure that everything wil work with me please.

I now have 10.9 DP 6 and you have 10.8.4, and so I took the Post and Preinstall 3 post of this topic to 10.8.4

Hi Mohamed! Man I have the same laptop of this tutorial. I bought this wifi card: 
I didn't get success in ML. 
Can You tell me what wifi card are you using?
Thanks! 

Try this kext, remember to repair and rebuild cache after..

IO80211Family.kext.zip

Man! I'm really interested in put 10.9. I did all steeps in this tutorial, I made my bootable flash drive, but I can't succeed after apple logo turns to be in GraphicsEnabler=Yes, I got black screen. 

I forget something?

Help me please!

Did you even manage to get everything running on 10.8.4 properly yet? did the wifi work with that kext?

I'd get mountain lion working 100%, mavericks will be released soon, then update to that easily..

Hello. What can this mean?

Also sometimes, the system hangs and I must restart by pressing the power button. How can I get rid of this?

Disable nvidia graphics in bios, follow guide from the start, can also delete all graphics kext other than hd3000 if you like.

Hello. What can this mean?

Also sometimes, the system hangs and I must restart by pressing the power button. How can I get rid of this?

open /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist change Graphics enable ==> No or remove this record. save and restart.

For me Bluetooth on my DW1702 stopped working after 10.8.5 update. I've rolled back IOBluetoothFamily from 10.8.3 (which worked fine previously) and it does show up (which means firmware gets uploaded properly) but it wont't pair with anything. I've tried pairing my BT mouse that worked in 10.8.4 and it just continues to search forever.. whilst if I turn on BT on my phone it is picked up immediately by the phone. Phone won't pair either. Anyone got BT (AR3011) working after 10.8.5 update?