• Please log in to reply
2315 replies to this topic

nanotech

nanotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

You can change it to that of the video from those arrows on the right, the important thing is pixel clock though

You are right Madamido :)

we can change it from the down-arrow of the upper 4 arrows group to match my settings its of great important to prevent any artifacts under high system stressing !!!!

nanotech

nanotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Hi I would like to confirm that the switchresx mod works on my Dell 5110 i5 HD 3000 512Mb Vram, No Nvidia, 15'' Laptop, I already had a display override in place but after removing it and installing switchresx, i restarted, upon login had a blue screen for about 4 seconds then it loaded up. Its been almost 30minutes and no "main ring stall" showing in system console. My dock is now moved from the left hand side to the bottom, I have magnification disabled though. I have installed fancontrol with a fanspeed of 3300 rpm which I got from using aid64 in windows to extract all my system details. I using the HWmonitor applictaion found in the FakeSMC package.

I can now open Final Cut Pro & Motion with no hangs and no artificats being displayed on my LVDS screen, upon open always freezed up and had to use an external display through HDMI.

My monitor settings are a bit different from Nanotech you can see in the screenshot below:

Posted Image

My front porch and back porch vertical are different from Nanotech

Updated** 2hours counting and no real freezing or artificats appearing. However if i open any video in Quicktime I get discolouration on the screen which seems to be spreading and forces me to restart. So i'm using VLC and don't have any issues.

I've been looking for a way for a long time to mod my laptop display to a standard monitor display settings and this seems to be the working.

Thanks NanoTech. :D

Thanks domnick0 for your feedback and hope we can help you ? :)

First adjust your settings exactly like mine its of great important !!!

then completely remove the damn app (Hwmonitor) it sucks !! uninstall its menu bar then remove it to trash !!

restart your mac trust me , before installing switchresx ,removing HWmonitor dramatically decreased artifacts & freezing when i reinstalled

it again more and more artifacts came back !? i repeated that (( installing and uninstalling HWmonitor app )) 10th of times the results was
the results were the same .Its really sucks !? i do not know exactly why ? but that app interrupts our IGPU and CPU sensors so that it may has a slowdown

effects or even conflicts at that point switchresx was not installed on my system and my IGPU was suffering from slowdown due to improper

communications with my LCD but upon removing HWmonitor , installing switchresx and increasing pixel clock speed inside our IGPU

everything got amazing great ! i can run vlc with quicktime with safari youtube simultaneausly at the time playing hd vedio sunset photo

effect on photo booth app at the same of maximizing and minimizing photo booth without any artifacts nor freezing

also at the same time all apps in my dock are loaded up and running !!!

try that and see and see if it works ?

dREAmCaTCHeR

dREAmCaTCHeR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hey nanotech I've removed the HWmonitor app, I only installed it because of the posts from tonymacx86 forum. It did seem to give readings which seemed a bit off I'm using Istatsmenu to get cpu/mem/net/fan sensor details

Posted Image

Tried entering your settings and restarted but it says not installed again, i guess i have to uninstall switchresx to enter it.

i tested it with microsoft wireless mobile mouse 4000 and works just fine :)
about bluetooth i tested bluetooth on my devices nokia n73 :P & samsung headset two work fine :)
about intel one idont have this card to tell my expernise about it

about SSD according to your money get the best one

here is dsdt with HDMI audio for no nvidia
test it and send feedback

--------------------------------------
soon will add clover bootloader method

I've used this kext and got audio working but it doesn't have HDMI audio, is there a dsdt edit I have to do for codec id/layout id?

Madamido

Madamido

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I also use istats menu, but only for network activity :D
I honestly don't know why are you guys talking about HWmonitor, it doesn't affect me at all

nanotech

nanotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

I also use istats menu, but only for network activity :D
I honestly don't know why are you guys talking about HWmonitor, it doesn't affect me at all

Madamido ,did you read my last post !!!??? :)

mohsin000

mohsin000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hello Mohammad Khairy and everyone!

I just installed Mountain Lion on my Dell N5110 and everything is working fine. But I cannot use the VGA port to connect my external monitor. I changed the Smbios to Macbook Pro 8.1 as mentioned in the tutorial but still it's not working. My HDMI port is damaged so I can't check that. As I am a graphic designer I need bigger screen to work on.

I have installed everything from the post install folder that you have posted and using Chameleon bootloader, then I used Chameleon wizard to change the Smbios to Macbook Pro 8.1

I have also tried booting with VGA monitor connected but still no display at all.

Please tell me how can I fix that. Thanks in advance!

dREAmCaTCHeR

dREAmCaTCHeR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Hello Mohammad Khairy and everyone!

I just installed Mountain Lion on my Dell N5110 and everything is working fine. But I cannot use the VGA port to connect my external monitor. I changed the Smbios to Macbook Pro 8.1 as mentioned in the tutorial but still it's not working. My HDMI port is damaged so I can't check that. As I am a graphic designer I need bigger screen to work on.

I have installed everything from the post install folder that you have posted and using Chameleon bootloader, then I used Chameleon wizard to change the Smbios to Macbook Pro 8.1

I have also tried booting with VGA monitor connected but still no display at all.

Please tell me how can I fix that. Thanks in advance!

For me to get VGA working I had to patch the AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext using the updated patcher from

juanerson

http://www.insanelym...n/page__st__180

After I was able to get VGA working when i rebooted with the VGA connector connected.

I used the values from

Thanks for the info, bcc9 and everyone else! bcc9's step-by-step instructions are very easy to follow step-by-step once you understand what you are changing (including recomputing the byte offset for the new file version). The third column is probably the most important for most individuals.

I'm posting to report success in enabling the VGA output on my T420.

Here's my new table, my changes are marked in red:

0000000: 0102 0300 1007 0000 1007 0000  ............
000000c: 0503 0000 0200 0000 3000 0000  ........0...
0000018: 0205 0000 0004 0000 0700 0000  ............
0000024: 0602 0000 1000 0000 0900 0000  ............
0000030: 0000 0000 0004 0000 0900 0000  ............

In the first line (the header), I've reduced the number of outputs to 3 (from 4).
The second line is my LCD display (0200 is LVDS)
The third line is my DP output, which also does HDMI and DVI with an adapter (0004 is DP)
The fourth line is VGA (combination of 0602 and 1000)
The fifth line I deleted since I don't have that many outputs

Only problem I had was that the AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext under 10.8.2 wouldn't give me correct hex values so I used the version that came with the 10.8 installer and got it working.

Hope this helps you find a resolve.

nanotech

nanotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
hi Mohamed Khairy

If our bios UEFI unlocked would that help about graphics switching with the aid of a software drivers ?

Florin9doi

Florin9doi

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

hi Mohamed Khairy

If our bios UEFI unlocked would that help about graphics switching with the aid of a software drivers ?

no

Vahagn-Doc

Vahagn-Doc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Concerning brightness... Just find a way to make brightness 100% like in windows. If you disable display and later enable that'll do the trick! Note that you can't disable screen by setting brightness to 0! For this case I use little program created in Obj - C. I've compiled it and made app for you...

Attached is Sleep Display app.
Attached File  Sleep Display.app.zip   19.89KB   71 downloads

When you run it it disables your screen as a result it'll lock your account.
After just move your mouse or press any key and you'll have max brightness! I recommend to copy to applications folder and add to startup items.

mohsin000

mohsin000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
@DreamCatcher

Thanks for your help!

I did follow the steps you told me but still no success. My Dell has a built in Nvidia 525m card and Intel HD 3000 which works with Optimus. I think your machine is without the Nvidia card. I wasn't able to delete the fifth line

:

It came back itself after saving. Could you upload your edited kext?

M.O.S

M.O.S

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Whaat about nvidia card ?!
any news

vanquybn

vanquybn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Hi All,
I just wanna to know how we can do like this:

M.O.S

M.O.S

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Whaat about nvidia card ?!
any news

sexyass

sexyass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Hey newbie noober, this is gt540m and its not optimus, its cuda and the main think is that this is toshiba but we use dell

Florin9doi

Florin9doi

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
It's Acer Aspire 4750, and it have optimus

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts
preparing for new guide ....

mohsin000

mohsin000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Does Bios version has an affect on the VGA on N5110? I m using version A10 and tried every possible thing to get VGA work. Can someone please help me, I m losing my nerves!

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts
about vga I didn't patched it after 10.8.0 /// wait for guide you will find solution for vga with clover /// or you can roll back kext of intel grphics fb

mohsin000

mohsin000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
That would be great Mohammed Khairy, but how long do i have to wait ?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy