2189 replies to this topic

Madamido

Madamido

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Thanks ....
here is a look at the custom settings regarding pixel-clock rate and timing parameters

I managed to try this but failed, that switchresx app always tells me my custom resolution is not installed, I don't know what to do as I tried a restart but it still said not installed, so what to do?

I also noticed that you and I have the same monitor from your video, vendor and product are the same, so do you know what am I supposed to do or am I on my own? :(

Edit: Dude, I LOVE YOU!!!! THIS REALLY WORKS!!!!
and here is how I solved my problem mentioned in this same post

When I read it is only shareware for 10 days, I thought of getting a registered version via P2P, so I searched and found version 4.2.1, I thought of trying this serial number with the latest version and guess what it worked! anyway this seems to be the reason custom resolutions didn't install and I don't know why

so I reinstalled it but this time I tried not inputting the serial number and using it unregistered, adding the custom resolution, restarted and it worked flawlessly, after that I used the serial and now I got it working and fully registered, great great thanks!

nanotech

nanotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
thanks madamido .....
Glade it solved your problem !! and thank you for your feedback the(( not installed problem)) faced me but after 4 times restarting it accepted the custom resulotion
its an operating system problem since when you create the custom resolution and click restart the mac osx checks your custom resolution if it not supported by your screen
it will not instailled .this information i have read from the app web site faq .
now iam using version 4.3.2 fully activated get it from p2p.
hope this help others....
we need feedback..
thank you all here and all mac commmunity

Special Thanks to Dr.Mohamed.Khairy for his great thread and effort.

Torianin

Torianin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Wow now this is great speed with switchresx this is amazing Thank Mohamed Khairy and nanotech for grat tip ! :)

Florin9doi

Florin9doi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Isn't possible to implement this with edid override??

nanotech

nanotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
thanks ,all for your feedback

First of all,if you faced the problem that switchresx tells you your custom resolution not installed

even after reboot, then you need to completely uninstall switchresx from your system and reinstall it again.This can be accomplished by the following

AppZapper which makes the whole operation. http://www.appzapper.com/

thanks for Julio Vargas giving the link

After that , Reinstall switchresx then create your custom resolution ,save,reboot

nanotech

nanotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
t

Isn't possible to implement this with edid override??

Thanks Floin9doi for your great effort; and yes its possible to copy all the edited files by switchresx then we can put them pack after completely uninstalling switchresx
so that no more need to switchresx at al !
the system now runs natively on its own ! :)

Here we go .......

First of all ,after getting the correct custom resolution up and running we do the following:

1-

Right click your finder icon in dock ,select Go to Folder then copy and past the following address:

/System/Library/Displays/Overrides/ then arrange items by date modified then select the last modified one (normally its the first upside one)

then copy this folder to your desktop.

2-

Right click your finder icon in dock ,select Go to Folder then copy and past the following address:

/Library/Preferences/ then copy all files in this folder and create new folder on your desktop , then open it and past the preferences files in it

3-

/Users/put your account name here/Library/Preferences/ then copy the folder named ( ByHost ) , copy that folder to your desktop.

4- Use

following guide to completely uninstall switchresx from your system:

AppZapper which makes the whole operation.

http://www.appzapper.com/

Thank for Julio Vargas giving the link

then coby back the files and folders (you have copyed to desktop) from desktop to there original locations ,Then reboot your system And enjoy native correct resolution parameters !! with great speed and artifacts free mountain lion .

enjoy ,thanks all

Edited by nanotech, 27 November 2012 - 01:48 PM.

nanotech

nanotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Notes....

1- we still can switch resolution from display panel , but any resolution other than 1366x768 ( which we have edited by switchresx ) ,will get back artifacts and slow down the system So .....

If you switched the resolution to for example 1024x768 slow down and artifacts , but If you switched back to 1366x768 then high speed and artifacts free

2- OSX LION puts itself in-between our IGPU and our LDC Device , and after such great speed and no artifacts ,We can say that the problem isn't in IGPU nor LCD Device
instead its osx lion that miss props our lcd and puts incorrect resolution timing parameters .

3-When we create the custom resolution and activate it ,osx will instruct IGPU to ((((SCALE))) resolution and when the IGPU SCALE-FLAG from CPU is activated ,then IGPU will run faster without artifacts !!! Regardless the stat of resolution parameters (aka,pixel clock,horizontal and vertical pulses and width ).

4-So we can use this fact to trick our system so that it will flags IGPU without changing the timing parameters !! so there will be no need to change anything in our display settings.

5-remember that our LCD and IGPU work nice on win 7 and win 8 although aero interface much more complicated ((3d composition accelerated interface)) than osx inginius lighter quartz extreme 3d accelerated interface.so its supposed that IGPU and LCD can easly handle osx mountain lion with even more speed ! than windows!

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
see if you can inject EDID through Clover ?
and if this will do also the job

nanotech

nanotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Thanks Mohamed khairy

I will try injecting it then update .......

nanotech

nanotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

yes, Mohamed Khairy

installed clover ,botted with InjectEDID

but failed with artifacts and freezing and slow down

get to overrides folder ,it was filled with hundreds of files !!! with strnge EDID data ,non of them has the my lcd product id nor vendor id

searshed the web for any one who have tried EDID injection and found that thread:

http://www.tonymacx8...-problem-5.html

the guys overthere managed to decrease artifacts and freezing by creating an automatic script that generates correct EDID overrides files

they just decreased artifacts but not removed it

the most interesting here is ,while i keep reading this thread ,one of the poster said that "someone had solved artifacts using Switchresx " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and put that link:

http://legacy.tonyma...ic.php?p=422546

IT was at (((Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:03 pm))) !!!!!!!, Thats FANTASTIC !!!

it was solved 5 months before
the good news are that many tester on this thread had feedbacked its was great speed and no artifact !!!
Even they putted down a much clear guide with photos and videos ,
even it was worked with many laptop brands !!!! , Its UNIVERSALE

SO FAR MORE THAN 6 DAYS I TESTED MY MAC WITHOUT ANY ARTIFACTS NOR FREEZING OR SLOWDOWN

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,142 posts
thanks very much

nanotech

nanotech

nanotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

thanks very much

nanotech

All thanks for you Mohamed Khairy and for Florin9doi and all poster and reader here and there.
you all teached me how to install mountain lion on my laptop after i have failed many times before i read your guides.
something i was believing its impossible !!
Great thanks all.

Notes ......
you can now update the first post to include Switchresx in post install folder,just suggestion..

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,142 posts
will add it to the new guide :)

Madamido

Madamido

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Please also add latest Florin9doi's BIOS and trackpad kext, also add that boot chain error fix from post #762 in page 39, at least as a spoiler if this forum supports it :D

Florin9doi

Florin9doi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
List of unsolved problems:
  • Volume slider
  • Brightness
  • Webcam (some models)
  • Nvidia 525m / HDMI
  • Intel Centrino Card

nanotech

nanotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Thanks Mohamed Khairy :)

Another Note......

regarding SSDT-4 you said that " who have i5 like me ,do not change it " . you are right , but......
I was confused ,i have i5 , I misunderstanded you ,so i used your SSDT-4 ,then get kp with cpu 2 backtrace errors .

my cpu i5-2430m and yours i5-2410m , so searched the web , get SDDT for my cpu ,renamed it as you mentioned

and everything got right .

Hope just you clarifying this and thanks again. :)

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Thanks Mohamed Khairy :)

Another Note......

regarding SSDT-4 you said that " who have i5 like me ,do not change it " . you are right , but......
I was confused ,i have i5 , I misunderstanded you ,so i used your SSDT-4 ,then get kp with cpu 2 backtrace errors .

my cpu i5-2430m and yours i5-2410m , so searched the web , get SDDT for my cpu ,renamed it as you mentioned

and everything got right .

Hope just you clarifying this and thanks again. :)

sorry about that ... every cpu need specific ssdt ... so extract yours one from package .... I write this part wrong as this point was new for me :) ... will be fixed on next guide

nanotech

nanotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

List of unsolved problems:

• Volume slider
  • Brightness
  • Webcam (some models)
  • Nvidia 525m / HDMI
  • Intel Centrino Card

Yes Florin9doi

All of them could be solved by a way or another , except for Nvidia/hdmi(video) , that needs development and a good believing that " Nothing impossible at all ".
Remember that before the revolutionary (" EFI Injection " ) using mac vanilla kernel was supposed to be impossible !!!

Anyway, now i am working on that !!! to find any workaround forcing mac kernel to dynamically accept ACPI on off calls on our hackintosh ?
Its already accepted on macintosh !! but in deferent way ............

In our laptops ( as Mohamed Khairy mentioned ) the IGPU is directly connected to LCD screen module , but Nvidia not . :(
here IGPU will always render the frame buffer stored into system Rams ,the switching here is just transfers the Core Arithmetic Operations ,Aka ,( Processing ) , from IGPU to Nvedia GPU ,
and vice versa ..
that is not the case on the new apple macbook pro laptops that support dual gfx runtime dynamical switching !?

Each GPU is directly connected to the sam laptop LCD Screen Module at the same time !!

so the switching here is completely from one GPU to another so that the "switched on" GPU will do everything ( processing & rendering ) .

We can conclude that mac kernel can accept Run Time Dynamical gfx switching and may be via ACPI calls ?

Needs investigation. ......

So far i am running win7 ,win8 and ubuntu 12.04 LTS all of them with full control over Nvedia optimus ! . i wanna complete the party with getting it up on OSX !!????.

Hope that could be in near future <_<

sorry about that ... every cpu need specific ssdt ... so extract yours one from package .... I write this part wrong as this point was new for me :) ... will be fixed on next guide

Not at all and thanks for your great effort and guide :)

dREAmCaTCHeR

dREAmCaTCHeR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Hi I would like to confirm that the switchresx mod works on my Dell 5110 i5 HD 3000 512Mb Vram, No Nvidia, 15'' Laptop, I already had a display override in place but after removing it and installing switchresx, i restarted, upon login had a blue screen for about 4 seconds then it loaded up. Its been almost 30minutes and no "main ring stall" showing in system console. My dock is now moved from the left hand side to the bottom, I have magnification disabled though. I have installed fancontrol with a fanspeed of 3300 rpm which I got from using aid64 in windows to extract all my system details. I using the HWmonitor applictaion found in the FakeSMC package.

I can now open Final Cut Pro & Motion with no hangs and no artificats being displayed on my LVDS screen, upon open always freezed up and had to use an external display through HDMI.

My monitor settings are a bit different from Nanotech you can see in the screenshot below:

Posted Image

My front porch and back porch vertical are different from Nanotech

Updated** 2hours counting and no real freezing or artificats appearing. However if i open any video in Quicktime I get discolouration on the screen which seems to be spreading and forces me to restart. So i'm using VLC and don't have any issues.

I've been looking for a way for a long time to mod my laptop display to a standard monitor display settings and this seems to be the working.

Thanks NanoTech. :D

Madamido

Madamido

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
You can change it to that of the video from those arrows on the right, the important thing is pixel clock though

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy