{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Thanks for your reply. I'm using the SMBios from the no nvidia attachment on the first page. And I'm sorry, I'm fairly new to this, so I'm not quite sure what MBP 8,2 is. Thanks for your help!

MBP 8,2 = MacBook Pro 8,2.

Have fun.

Hey guys! Do anyone have some troubles with Apple Magic Mouse (bluetooth) on this system?

Because I have big troubles: my new Apple Magic Mouse permanently and dramatically stutters on cursor moving and multi-touch actions, and often disconnects from my laptop (needs to reconnect manually).

I have Dell N5110 with 2630QM, GeForce 525M & Dell Wireless 1702 card.

Can the problem be in kext and can it be solved somehow?

On my brother's HP windows-based laptop cursor is moving normally with this mouse.

On my desktop hackintosh with D-Link DBT-122 adapter I have great experience with this mouse.

I got stuck with the OS loading but the internal mouse and trackpad not working. Any suggestions how to fix it?

p.s. I've also installed MacDrive Trial so I can manipulate hfs+ partition/files from within Windows. That helps a lot.

I don´t know, which SMBios you are using. Try to use MBP 8,2. If this does not work, remove AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from /S/L/E of your install device. But keep the kext on your device. Should be something related with the pinout of the kext. Boot with options GE= no -v -f.

You need extra folder with SMBios.plist and org.Chameleon.Boot.plist for installing.

Have fun.

Styrian, I was using MBP 8,1, and switched to MBP 8,2 but the problem persisted. I moved the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and everything booted up nicely. However i am experiencing graphical hiccups now. For example bringing up the notifications bar will bring random red boxes as its sliding in/out. Also, after a couple of minutes of inactivity, the screen goes all white and the only way to wake it is to click from the mouse or press a key. Everything else for the most part seems to be working fine. The trackpad speed was much greater, so i lowered it one, but now it seems to be a bit jumpy. Again, thank you for your help, it is much appreciated!

I got stuck with the OS loading but the internal mouse and trackpad not working. Any suggestions how to fix it?

p.s. I've also installed MacDrive Trial so I can manipulate hfs+ partition/files from within Windows. That helps a lot.

Moni, you need to use a usb mouse to install. After install, the trackpad should work fine.

Moni, you need to use a usb mouse to install. After install, the trackpad should work fine.

Are you sure about that? Nothing like that seems to be mentioned in the guide :( That's too bad because I simply don't possess usb mouse as of now and can't get it soon enough. Is there another way to get it running by adding/replacing some kext in the already installed system?

Styrian, I was using MBP 8,1, and switched to MBP 8,2 but the problem persisted. I moved the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and everything booted up nicely. However i am experiencing graphical hiccups now. For example bringing up the notifications bar will bring random red boxes as its sliding in/out. Also, after a couple of minutes of inactivity, the screen goes all white and the only way to wake it is to click from the mouse or press a key. Everything else for the most part seems to be working fine. The trackpad speed was much greater, so i lowered it one, but now it seems to be a bit jumpy. Again, thank you for your help, it is much appreciated!

You can install the ps2.kexts at your install device too. After booting with option -v -f trackpad and keyboard should work.

Your issues with the hd3000 seem to be caused by the pinout of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. You can try the kext from here. Perhaps it is working for you.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/271573-guide-dell-inspiron-n5110/page__st__1140#entry1871754

If not you have to edit the table of the pinout. You can do a forum search for other posts related with this theme.

Have fun.

Hey guys! Do anyone have some troubles with Apple Magic Mouse (bluetooth) on this system?

Because I have big troubles: my new Apple Magic Mouse permanently and dramatically stutters on cursor moving and multi-touch actions, and often disconnects from my laptop (needs to reconnect manually).

I have Dell N5110 with 2630QM, GeForce 525M & Dell Wireless 1702 card.

Can the problem be in kext and can it be solved somehow?

On my brother's HP windows-based laptop cursor is moving normally with this mouse.

On my desktop hackintosh with D-Link DBT-122 adapter I have great experience with this mouse.

Hey!

Finally after doing everything I found how to fix dis {censored}. After turning of wifi the mouse worked perfectly but just for a while.

here is tutorial for eferyone with magicmouse and dw1702

1. Download these. http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/Cf8zys0LIwrcesjmvm0nZw

2. Use kextutil or kextwizard to install them

3. Warm boot in OSX using windows ubuntu or whatever

4. connect to any wifi network.

5. Go to network settings

6. Under wifi go to advanced.

7. Choose hardware-->configure manually and set that MTU to custom to 1400

8. apply settings & exit

9. Connect to mouse.

Voila, no lag and no disconnection. Thank me later... ;)

• Like 2

i followed the instructions from a to z but i have a problem with trackpad

it works normally but the problem is that there is a small viberation when i am trying to select an item or exit from application .....etc

generally when i am trying to press

i5 2450

4gb ram

500 gb hard

i followed the instructions from a to z but i have a problem with trackpad

it works normally but the problem is that there is a small viberation when i am trying to select an item or exit from application .....etc

generally when i am trying to press

i5 2450

4gb ram

500 gb hard

Is that the only problem you're having? I have the same specs as you and my screen shuts off. I followed the setup perfectly I believe. Did you also use the no nvidia and ssdt4 for the 2450 processor?

Is that the only problem you're having? I have the same specs as you and my screen shuts off. I followed the setup perfectly I believe. Did you also use the no nvidia and ssdt4 for the 2450 processor?

i used only ssd i replaced it with sad in extra only

Hi, Does anyone still have the artifacts issue with there OSx installs? If not are you using switchresx fix and what bootloader are you using also?

I am not really sure of your question, but for me artifacts appear after complete installation and never during it,

are you having problems which are artifacts related during installation which makes it hard enough for you so that you aren't able to click here and there to just complete installation by any means or what?

Sorry for getting a bit off-topic, but has anyone with a 5520 with Dell WiFi 1704 (Broadcom 4365) been able to get it to work?

I wonder if it can be done by editing the current BCM kexts in ML since they have support for a very similar chip..I'm planning on buying a 5520 and was wondering about it's WiFi.

Thanks in advance :)

hello i had a problem through this .. i follow the instuction i prepare the usb flash but can't get it installed. after i boot from the usb it just go in some kind of sleep mod and i can't proceed the installation ..i do not know what is the solution >>> can anyone help me ??

this is my dell i do not know if the files in the topic good for it

post-1126822-0-27354300-1359675131_thumb.png

post-1126822-0-18679900-1359675136_thumb.png

hello i had a problem through this .. i follow the instuction i prepare the usb flash but can't get it installed. after i boot from the usb it just go in some kind of sleep mod and i can't proceed the installation ..i do not know what is the solution >>> can anyone help me ??

this is my dell i do not know if the files in the topic good for it

Smirnoff, you may need to delete/rename a DSDT.aml from /Extra folder of installation stick.

Florin9doi and Mohammed,

I could use some help with the trackpad on my Dell N7110.

It appears to have the same alps glidepoint touchpad as N5110. But i cannot get it working.

From device manager in windows the device id is DLL04D8. Also shows that it is compatible with pnp0f13

I see that in the info.plist you have a productid=547 and vendorid=1452

I am wondering if mine are not matching that.

Any ideas on how to extract these ids? Windows device manager does not show these for just this one device.

Thanks for any help

Hey!

Finally after doing everything I found how to fix dis {censored}. After turning of wifi the mouse worked perfectly but just for a while.

here is tutorial for eferyone with magicmouse and dw1702

1. Download these. http://www.sendspace...LIwrcesjmvm0nZw

2. Use kextutil or kextwizard to install them

3. Warm boot in OSX using windows ubuntu or whatever

4. connect to any wifi network.

5. Go to network settings

6. Under wifi go to advanced.

7. Choose hardware-->configure manually and set that MTU to custom to 1400

8. apply settings & exit

9. Connect to mouse.

Voila, no lag and no disconnection. Thank me later... ;)

Hi, sexyass!

Thank's for trying to help.

But for me those kexts didn't make the solution. I installed them and for the first look worked good, but still was seen mouse cursor hang, while the mouse was still connected (hang was observed when often used 2-finger swipe gesture to right or left screen and backwards). After reboot my bluetooth adapter couldn't initialize anymore. So I had to repair old kexts using Time Machine.

I don't know why the mouse cursor hangs, but it stutters and lags because of interference with Wi-Fi signal. To remove those effects I had just to change Wi-Fi channel in the router's settings (from 6 to other - to 9 for example). Aftre that the cursor lags disappeared.

But the hang still occurs sometimes spontaneously (with your kexts - after multiple backwards swipe).

Hi all,

Ive been following this guide after struggling with installing using #####.

So I have copied the video perfectly, I have OS X ML downloaded from app store, only have hd3000 graphics so replaced the correct files, no need to replcace the one for processor as the correct one is in EXTRA for me.

I copied everything over one step at a time to my usb stick, and flashed the bios which changed it to version A11, However I see no extra options in there, should there be any?

I have disabled Virtualization and intel speedstep in bios, is that correct?

When I run the installer from chamealian, it runs, but gets so far when it seems to put the laptop in sleep mode (power button LED pulsating)

did I miss something?

Ive tried -v, there is no panic, just goes to black screen

I did manage to get installed with #####, but could only run with -x, and had no trackpad support etc, so thought it best to follow this guide once I had found it.

Any help much aprecciated.

Thanks

Rob

Any settings I need to change in the bios that are not mentioned in the guide?

I've now reinstalled windows on the laptop in order to double check the hardware with everest again.

I also flashed the bios again just in case.

re downloaded ML on my other mac, started the usb process again.

When I try to boot from the usb, again, after selecting the install partition, it runs, but then the light on the power button flashes as if it is sleeping..

Anybody?

USB stick is in USB2, not USB3 although Ive tried both.

So, this is the last error message I see (its quick, had to film it)

transcript offline buffer pool allocate 18100 failed

I've read it might be an smbios error? no idea, I have copied over and replcaed the files in EXTRA for intel only graphics.

Because the laptop only has 1 USB2 port, and the other 2 are USB3 Ive had to put the USB stick and a mouse into a usb splitter.

Using my other montior on HDMI I have managed to get to the setup, create the partition, and continue, only to be left with blank screens on both monitors just a small way into the installation.

very frustrating as it clearly works on these systems...