{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

When i used the PXHCD from my backup everything works fine again, its the same version # as the one you sent me too and my USB 3.0 ports are working.

I'm on 10.7.5 Lion now off a usb install I had with switchers mod and got final cut/adobe products loaded no artifacts so far. Yesterday i updated to the new itunes and this 10.7.5 doesn't have the itunes update so I'm wondering if that could have been the problem, do you have the latest iTunes?

@nanotech how do you boot ?

This is my system partition table

/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *750.2 GB disk0
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 200.0 GB disk0s2
3: Microsoft Basic Data Windows 260.0 GB disk0s3
4: Microsoft Basic Data Storage 250.0 GB disk0s4
5: Apple_HFS INSTALL 8.0 GB disk0s5
6: Apple_HFS RESTORE 31.5 GB disk0s6

I'm on 10.7.5 Lion now off a usb install I had with switchers mod and got final cut/adobe products loaded no artifacts so far. Yesterday i updated to the new itunes and this 10.7.5 doesn't have the itunes update so I'm wondering if that could have been the problem, do you have the latest iTunes?

you didn't read the guide well !! my partition scheme MBR Master boot record !!!!

everything very good with me !

the guide assumes that you have MBR partition table !

yours GUID !

No haven't the latest one

I doubt its the partition scheme, everything is working flawless on the 10.7.5 I have FinalCut, PS, FL, AI, ID, MS WORD, MS PPT, iTUNES 10, FIrefox, Safari loaded and no freezing and its on GUID I'm thinking its the new Itunes 11 or the chameleon on this 10.7.5 I have 2.1svn 2052

@nanotech

I've done a complete reinstall of 10.8 upgraded to 10.8.2, done the installs of the PostInstall SwitchResx and S/L/E extensions, Everything which had it working for me. But back to "Main Ring Stall" in my system console and got artifacts, they don't appear often but when they start they slowly creep up and become more persistent.

SwitchResx custom profile is loaded and active Pixel Clock is @ 72.25 CVT-RB

Do you have no artifacts whatsoever ?

Can you upload your extra folder to compare ?

What non system kexts do you have in your S/L/E folder?

What are the folders listed in your System/Library/Display/Overrides?

What's your current Chameleon Version?

Whats your OSx 10.8 Build Version #? is it (12C60)?

@nanotech

I've done a complete reinstall of 10.8 upgraded to 10.8.2, done the installs of the PostInstall SwitchResx and S/L/E extensions, Everything which had it working for me. But back to "Main Ring Stall" in my system console and got artifacts, they don't appear often but when they start they slowly creep up and become more persistent.

SwitchResx custom profile is loaded and active Pixel Clock is @ 72.25 CVT-RB

Do you have no artifacts whatsoever ?

Can you upload your extra folder to compare ?

What non system kexts do you have in your S/L/E folder?

What are the folders listed in your System/Library/Display/Overrides?

What's your current Chameleon Version?

Whats your OSx 10.8 Build Version #? is it (12C60)?

dREAmCaTCHeR ................

"" SwitchResx custom profile is loaded and active Pixel Clock is @ 72.25 CVT-RB ""..... that

doesn't mean its working at all !!!! ?

you should go to and click the button "" current resolutions "" here you will find the working resolution double click it and see if its your activated custom or not ??

if not then double click on the resolution up or down from it and double click to see if its your custom if yes then choose it . see my video..((now I'm testing Mohamed

Khairy 76.8 mhz pixel clock don't try it now !!! let me test it first ! OK ? ).

@dREAmCaTCHeR...............said..

@"""Do you have no artifacts whatsoever ?"""

Under normal stressing not at all but under extreme stressing (((( photo booth((sunset hd video effect + maximizing and minimizing)) +quick time +vlc +safari +youtube video on safari +

all the apps on my dock bar are loaded up and running +quick time full screen recording of all that stuff )))) all that running at the same time and consume 3.8 Gb of my 4 Gb rams at this point i

get horizontal thin green line in the center of my screen that happen one time from each 10 times i put my system under that extreme stressing and of course that due to

consuming of all my 4gb rams also that line disappears and my system performance is still optimal .

<< and that little problem seems to be solved via using Mohamed Khairy timing parameters with 76.8 mhz pixel clock !>>

@"""Can you upload your extra folder to compare ?""" use you specific no nvidia DSDT & your SSDT-4 !!!!!!

YES uploaded

@"""What non system kexts do you have in your S/L/E folder?"""

All the 10 kext in the new guide +my patched appleintelsnbcgraphicsfb.kext see uploaded !

@"""What are the folders listed in your System/Library/Display/Overrides?""" see ... uploaded

@"""

your current Chameleon Version?""".....

version: 2.2svn 2133

@"""Whats your OSx 10.8 Build Version #? is it (12C60)?""" ........yes it is......for 10.8.2!

active working.mov

Extra.zip

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip

Overrides.zip

OK ....

@i haven't any hardware monitoring apps on my system ! ... more over , nor EFI booting !

@You should tell me are you still on A11 bios mod ? or rolled back ??

@You should Ask Mohamed Khairy did he update DSDT of no nvidia dell to the new A11 bios mode ?? he already updated DSDT for nvidia dell !

@@@@IMPORTANT !!!!!

@go to your switchresx choose your monitor then choose the button """ Export EDID """ save it then upload it here

@I'm working on a Hardware implementation kill artifacts forever , via reprograming LCD EEPROM that holds EDID data !

@that needs testing many switchresx customs to find the best one then time to patch LCD EEPROM data with the new stable custom !

@@@ can you upload your ""main ring stall"" console log ? its important to figure out why that happened ?

@Nanotech

EEPROM Programming is a great idea! It is possible to overwrite the EDID of the screen with the data of Macbook display. I need to ask you something. I'm buying a new motherboard for dell and I'm thinking of upgrading my core i5 processor to core i7. Do you have any idea about it? Is my motherboard going to work with core i7?

@Nanotech

EEPROM Programming is a great idea! It is possible to overwrite the EDID of the screen with the data of Macbook display. I need to ask you something. I'm buying a new motherboard for dell and I'm thinking of upgrading my core i5 processor to core i7. Do you have any idea about it? Is my motherboard going to work with core i7?

NO its built in !!!! can not upgraded ... but the same motherboard with core i7 may work with your laptop but you must ask the tech you buying from if that is possible

i recommend you to let it replaced with a tech service center .!!

the idea of programing EEPROM isn't mine many others had done that but with external monitors not built in lvds !! its so difficult !! but i never give up !!!

Hello everybody!! Thanks for this fantastic post!! I have my inspiron n5110 working perfect with 10.8.2, and I have 2 questions, the usb 3.0 texas instruments on my laptop don't work 100%, only work with mouse/keyboard usb sensor and usb drives, the other peripherals how iphone 4s and wifi dongle, etc... don't work in this ports, and nvidia optimus don't work and so the hdmi port neither.

I am a programmer, and I want to resolve this problems, but alone is difficult, and I think to create a team for make this problems work.

What do you think about this???

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

yes, its without Nvidia, only intel 3000. I tried removing dsdt and booted with -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No but it gets shut down itself. I changed the motherboard for OS X :(

had the same problem, did you repair permissions on the disk ? use an external screen through hdmi login and then repair permissions and rebuild system cache.

my system is dual boot, went into windows accessed my mac drive via macdrive windows app and removed the tables from extra folder and rebooted. but if you use an external monitor via hdmi it should show you the login screen and then you can login and do the same, do you have a hdmi external display?