{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

mohsin000 ......hope you are Ok .....

Here is your screen driver Win 7 with instruction how to install it

Restart your pc then check device Manager your external monitor should be identified now !!

If identified, then try the EDID viewer again ?

if seen then save the EDID and upload it !

By the way ,, don't worry about corrupted EDID !

You still have a chance to repair the corrupted EDID !!!?

Mohsin000_driver.zip

@nanotech when my laptop goes to sleep and comes back up using a second display my laptop screen is usually blacked out and I have to restart do you know how I can fix that?

dREAmCaTCHeR ..........

deos your vga screen still working after walk from a sleep ?

if yes then try changing res for the vga monitor by switchresx ? and screens orientation from preference pan ?

if no with tow screen blackend then tell me your arrangement ?

mine are :

@ a11 bios mod

@ 10.8.2

@ smbios 8.1

@ latest mohamed khairy extra acpi for the new a11 bios mod

@ latest mohamed khairy boot loader from the new guide

@ custom resolution pixel clock 72.25 mhz

@ i will see your patched kext hd3000 and see if it like mine or not ?

Mohamed Khairy .......

sorry !!! file size 26 mb now uploading to my youtube channel may take an hour ! sorry about that

i haven't yet installed video converter ! later will

I think my laptop is faulty. There are no drivers for the screen on the Fujistu's website! I have attached the EDID of my screen in the previous post!

Can I Inject EDID of my screen and make it detect?

here your driver and instruction !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you see that link ?

Mohsin000_driver.zip

your laptop is not faulty ..........just try any other external monitor with your laptop

then try to read the edid of that monitor by your edid viewer .......if it reads that monitor ..,,,then your laptop OK .

Yes you can inject it but first convert it to HEX format

dREAmCaTCHeR ..........

does your vga screen still working after walk from a sleep ?

it has only happened when i was using HDMI not vga and laptop went to sleep didn't have switchres installed at that time

if yes then try changing res for the vga monitor by switchresx ? and screens orientation from preference pan ?

if no with tow screen blackend then tell me your arrangement ?

mine are :

@ a11 bios mod

didn't install only did the dell update

@ 10.8.2

10.8.2 build (12C60)

@ smbios 8.1

yes 8.1

@ latest mohamed khairy extra acpi for the new a11 bios mod

yes latest apci

@ latest mohamed khairy boot loader from the new guide

yes latest bootloader

@ custom resolution pixel clock 72.25 mhz

yes same pixel clock

@ i will see your patched kext hd3000 and see if it like mine or not ?

yes same config details

@nanotech

sorry i didn't the attached driver. I was able to get EDID once then its gone and now EDID viewer is not showing the live EDID. Nvidia control panel showed SL27t1 before installing the driver now it's showin Analog monitor. The EDID data I had posted was from my laptop. I dont have another monitor I can't check with different monitor :(

Well i finally got the nerve to install the bios mod after doing the bios update and now I got artifacts back. I have done roll backs and they continue to persist. I was fine this morning but now I'm back to square one. Right now backing up all my files and in hope of doing a clean install because I've spent hours trying to fix this to no avail.

Well i finally got the nerve to install the bios mod after doing the bios update and now I got artifacts back. I have done roll backs and they continue to persist. I was fine this morning but now I'm back to square one. Right now backing up all my files and in hope of doing a clean install because I've spent hours trying to fix this to no avail.

dREAmCaTCHeR ....

did you used the acpi tables in the extra folder of the new guide ?

sorry they did the same problem with me but rollback the old extra folder solved it totally ! then i rolled back the new extra tables again and everything got fine !

try that

dREAmCaTCHeR

check your smbios its 8.2 in the new extra folder you can change it to 8.1 via latest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

you must edit your boot loader by UsekernelCache= No INSTEAD of UsekernelCache= Yes

just one time !!!! after your modifications . you don't need to reinstall your system .

Mohamed Khairy .........

Sorry ihave tried to upload the file here many times but i was told that ""you don't have permissions to upload such kind of files !""

So uploaded it on my youtube channel download it before it be removed !

@ If the problem still presets then you must completely uninstall the app with http://www.appzapper.com/ delete all files related to Switchresx

then reinstall it again .

@nanotech

sorry i didn't the attached driver. I was able to get EDID once then its gone and now EDID viewer is not showing the live EDID. Nvidia control panel showed SL27t1 before installing the driver now it's showin Analog monitor. The EDID data I had posted was from my laptop. I dont have another monitor I can't check with different monitor :(

mohsin000 .......

the drive is your monitor driver directly downloaded from windows update web sit ,,any way ................. good luck ! :)

@nanotech

I've rolled back and then I did the update of the Extra folder, using smbios 8,1 and same config settings in the bootloader as I had before, and I still getting artificats and freezing. I removed and reinstalled switchers, monitor registered as Active. But don't work anymore.

go to disk utility repair permissions for your system partition then restart with UseKernelCache=No ( notice its case sensitive ! )

if the problem presets the try my may attached one

try this kext,, backup your one then replace that in your /S/L/E

then repair permissions by disk utility then restart with UseKernelCache=No ( notice its case sensitive ! )

@nanotech

I've rolled back and then I did the update of the Extra folder, using smbios 8,1 and same config settings in the bootloader as I had before, and I still getting artificats and freezing. I removed and reinstalled switchers, monitor registered as Active. But don't work anymore.

try also my smbios

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>MacBook Pro</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacBookPro8,1</string>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-94245B3640C91C81</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>C02F93FQDH2G</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>######.tonymacx86.com</string> //the ###### is multebeast but it can't be pasted here !?

</dict>

</plist>

dont forget to readjust you switchresx to your custom res 72.25 mhz !!!! when you use external monitor it may back to the bad default

settings of your lcd !

go to switchresx choose ""current resolutions button"" then you will see a list of resolutions one of them is checked double click it

and see if its your active custom with 72.25 ?? if not check the upper or the lower one and see if its your custom 72.25 mhz ?

if yes then check to make it running.

IF the problem presets then i suggest you keep your a11 bios mode .,,, do clean install then update to 10.8.2 with the old extra folder

that worked with you before , apply your patched kext , repair permission via disk utility .

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip

dREAmCaTCHeR ....... you said...""

@ a11 bios mod

didn't install only did the dell update""

thats your problem !! our laptops moded with A11 bios mod or A10 bios mod or A9 bios mod ! to get native power management and native intel speedstep for

your CPU , that would reflects optimized performance for CPU , walk ,sleep and graphics

according to Mohamed Khairy guide , booth versions of 15r N5110 can be A11 mod updated ,

the version with Nvidia and that without Nvidia .

@nanotech

My Smbios is 8.1

My Chameleon Boot Cfg

Boot Banner
No
Boot Graphics
Yes
DSDT
/Extra/dsdt.aml
Default Partition
hd(0,2)
EnableC2State
Yes
EnableC3State
Yes
EnableC4State
Yes
EthernetBuiltIn
Yes
ForceHPET
Yes
GenerateCStates
Yes
GeneratePStates
Yes
Graphics Mode
1366x768x32
GraphicsEnabler
Yes
Hide Partition
hd(0,4)
Kernel
/Extra/mach_kernel
Kernel Flags
npci=0x2000
PciRoot
SMBIOS
/Extra/smbios.plist
SystemType
Theme
Timeout
USBBusFix
Yes

I've uninstalled and reinstalled switchres to match your settings, switch res is Active and installed @ Pixel Clock 72.25 Mhz

I have the new Extra folder and tables in my Extra Folder.

I have the bios update of A11 and I installed the A11 Mod.

My AppleIntelSNBGraphics is Patched as before and has same settings as yours.

Have the latest Chameleon Installed [Chameleon-2.2svn-r2133]

Mohamed Khairy

In other to have Switchresx custom res to be activated, you have to go to system, library, display, overrides and remove the other display overrides I've noticed that is the cause of not having it installed, So whenever I uninstall Switchresx [manual or with appzapper] I make sure my display folder [DisplayVendorID-6af] is empty (also no other override folders are there but my display vendor 6af**) and when I reinstall do not enter your serial in Switchres first leave it as trial make your custom resolution click apply and restart, it will come up activated. If it works then you enter your key to activate switchresx.

Here is what I've noticed as well

Whenever you use the switchres mod to remove artifacts and you boot up your system, just after you enter you login and before your desktop space is loaded the laptop LCD would deep to blue for 4 seconds initiating the custom display override which is telling it that your default display is CVT-RB. And right now its not doing that for me it just loads up the desktop space and that is the reason why I have artifacts. I'm not sure if is the new bios update but before I decide to revert back down to A10 I'm going to do a clean install I. The only thing I could figure that is the root cause is the new Chameleon that it may have written something to my EFI but I've reverted back to my previous Chameleon and its still a no go.

Also when I boot up with verbose the PXHCD kext gives me loads of messages which didn't happen before. Gonna try the previous kext I had and see the results.

The revert to the previous PXHCD kext before the new one in the post install seems to have fixed the problem. Still have freezing and artifacts though.

hey mate !!!

your booting an EFI booting

so bad for me when i used clover !

i just boot normal boot ,i don't have that EFI on my system drive

i just installed the new boot loader without any customization

your boot cfg not at all like mine !!?

regarding PXHCD .....

Here your solution also solve sleep problems

rename it to PXHCD replace your old one repair perm then restart

@nanotech how do you boot ?

This is my system partition table

/dev/disk0