{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

hey! i updated my mountain lion to 10.8.2 and now my keyboard/touchpad won't work..Pls help

I was using the voodoo ps2 kext with fn + brightness enabled.

Please help me with this also :/

I have an appleps2..kext with which i am able to to get the keyboard working but my touchpad still won't work

Mohamed, if there is working solution for HDMI video out (DSDT, kext..), please attach it to the 1st post or here, because it's hard to scan whole 43 pages for that info. I have a big need in that functionality.

Please help me with this also :/

I have an appleps2..kext with which i am able to to get the keyboard working but my touchpad still won't work

if you follow guide with its contents you will get all thing correct not responsible for using anther kexts :)

---- voodoops2controller----- on topics works only when it is on system/library/extensions

Mohamed, if there is working solution for HDMI video out (DSDT, kext..), please attach it to the 1st post or here, because it's hard to scan whole 43 pages for that info. I have a big need in that functionality.

about hdmi if you have nvidia card it will not work

if you have intel card only it will work and use dsdt of no nvidia for hdmi audio

-----------------------

i am busy so cant help more todays as when i finish my exams 10/4 i will help more than now

so please don't ask me for help for now it is just for 10/4 so i give attention for my exams :)

if you follow guide with its contents you will get all thing correct not responsible for using anther kexts :)

---- voodoops2controller----- on topics works only when it is on system/library/extensions

Problem solved. I had not installed the ioahcifamily kext properly after patching.

Thank You

Edit

Oh and one more problem.. when i try to boot into mac after windows 8, i always have a kernel panic. I either have to boot again or first boot into windows 7(i have multiple OSs ;)) Any idea why this happens?

Problem solved. I had not installed the ioahcifamily kext properly after patching.

Thank You

Edit

Oh and one more problem.. when i try to boot into mac after windows 8, i always have a kernel panic. I either have to boot again or first boot into windows 7(i have multiple OSs ;)) Any idea why this happens?

it is due bluetooth it is not avoidable

it is due bluetooth it is not avoidable

bro how is your function key working ?

May you detail how you modify the kext file ?

btw, does it bother you to list your function key like this

fn+f4= brightness up something like this

here is the source

and i can't help more as it is along time from doing this and to help must read it again

and i am busy with my exams sorry

Thanks anyway.

Good luck to your test. :)

nice picture.

And it turns out to be different from mine.

Gotta do some experiment on the source file.

F1 turns on/off projector or any multi-screen setup

F2 turns off wi-fi/bluetooth

F3 turns off touchpad

And these 3 only work if you got dell quickset application on windows, not sure of the name though :D

F1 turns on/off projector or any multi-screen setup

F2 turns off wi-fi/bluetooth

F3 turns off touchpad

And these 3 only work if you got dell quickset application on windows, not sure of the name though :D

:)

it's working.

I think it's related to bios function

Touchpad will only get disabled in Windows if you have Dell Touchpad driver installed, otherwise only LEd will come on.

:)

it's working.

I think it's related to bios function

Your Vostro has a totally different keyboard as I can see, but for example on my Vostro brightness keys dont emit regular scancodes, they emit WMI ( Windows Management Instrumentation), when a key is pressed it invokes a corresponding EC query (_Q80 for brightness up and _Q81 for brightness down) which stores the brightness levels in temp variables and then sends this variables to WMI device (AMW0) as a code to trigger something .. in this case - increase or decrease brightness. Theres a driver written by hotkoffy which is able to parse these WMI codes those enabling brightness controls. You have to check wether or not your keys emit any regular scancodes - in case they do you will have to adjust the sources of PS/2 kexts in order to adapt these values.. if they dont, however, I suggest you try IOWMIFamily.kext from hotkoffy .. (even though it probably won't for Dell as is, because the sources from linux that its based of off are kind of old and are related to old Latitude/Vostro series.. need some minor changes to make them work for new gen of notebooks.

Touchpad will only get disabled in Windows if you have Dell Touchpad driver installed, otherwise only LEd will come on.

Your Vostro has a totally different keyboard as I can see, but for example on my Vostro brightness keys dont emit regular scancodes, they emit WMI ( Windows Management Instrumentation), when a key is pressed it invokes a corresponding EC query (_Q80 for brightness up and _Q81 for brightness down) which stores the brightness levels in temp variables and then sends this variables to WMI device (AMW0) as a code to trigger something .. in this case - increase or decrease brightness. Theres a driver written by hotkoffy which is able to parse these WMI codes those enabling brightness controls. You have to check wether or not your keys emit any regular scancodes - in case they do you will have to adjust the sources of PS/2 kexts in order to adapt these values.. if they dont, however, I suggest you try IOWMIFamily.kext from hotkoffy .. (even though it probably won't for Dell as is, because the sources from linux that its based of off are kind of old and are related to old Latitude/Vostro series.. need some minor changes to make them work for new gen of notebooks.

:D thanks for your info

But I'm running insprion not vostro :)

You don't have to flash or mod BIOS when you install windows or even format your HDD because the BIOS is stored in the motherboard

Anyway you can now just download the mediafire file in post#815, use the original A11 bios.exe that came from Dell and flash your BIOS to A11, if it is A11 already then skip what I just said

use the mod from the same file and you won't get that kernel panic

Yeah i knew that, i meant that i have to install windows every time again to run the flash program :)

anyway, i did what you said, even checked if the a11 bios really got installed before using the mod... and im still getting a kernel panic at startup :/

i really dont know what to do....

can i get this kernel panic only because of the bios ? or could there be any other problem causing it?

Yeah i knew that, i meant that i have to install windows every time again to run the flash program :)

anyway, i did what you said, even checked if the a11 bios really got installed before using the mod... and im still getting a kernel panic at startup :/

can i get this kernel panic only because of the bios ? or could there be any other problem causing it?

If it said that the panic is because AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext then it is because of the bios mod

but wait a second, you said you have to install windows every time again to run the flash program? why is that? what is your main OS in your laptop? you don't use windows?

check about SSDT-4 of your cpu

Hi thanks for the tutorial.

I replaced my wifi with dell dw1702 and and used my ssdt for my cpu.

Done all the steps by one by one.

Everythings work... wifi bluetoothk webcam touchpad cardreader except my dvd drive not recognised by the system

Is there a fix for that?Kext or others for the dvd drive.

I had the same problem when opening the computer to replace the wifi card. The issue was at the time of reattaching the the power plug was bent unit that gives power and data to DVD. I had to call Dell and had to replace the motherboard as they damage the plug. Test if the bios recognizes the drive or within Windows.

regards

DVD drive works on windows no problem at all.

Also with the first boot (i mean usb stick after the install) dvd drive recognized .

But after the procedure of installing chmln and copying extra folder and other stuffs and restarting the system dvd drive not recognised.

A very strange to me.

I mean what happens at after the extra folder and replacing kexts.

is there a kext for using the dvd drive or what is the kext relation with the dvd drive.

Thanks