{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

I installed FakeSMC 4.2 and put dock to the left, now no artifacts and very little hangs, yay!

But HWMonitor no longer detects CPU's temperature but I am ok with it :P

Install IntelCpuMonitor.kext (FakeSMC plugin0 to get CPU's temp

and if available to replace it do that

unless i am blind, my cable is gray and it is not a solution.

I might have a solution, but usually when someone says that, week later they say "oh, no, it's back" :)

post-971287-0-54404100-1344377066_thumb.jpg

post-971287-0-26919600-1344377086_thumb.jpg

Dell isnpiron n5110 işlemci:Intel® Core i5-2450M CPU 2.50GHz

Ram:8gb 1333hz DDR3

Intel

HD

Graphics 3000

NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

Team XS2 160 Gb SSD

Atheros ar9285 & bt ar3011

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

500 gb HDD 5400 rpm

webcam

Hi As I wrote above, my system Can you file for this system dsdt.aml. For Mountain Lion. I'm sorry for my English. google translate

Hi, I'm also trying to install Mountain Lion on my Dell Inspiron N5110. But i ran into a problem i can't get past.

So, I have flashed the modded BIOS over A10 which i previously had.

Next, I made the bootable usb (hp v210w 16 gb) from VirtualBox Mountain Lion using the 10.8 Mountain Lion GM.dmg.

I did all the steps, 3 times now. I don't have Nvidia card so i put the no nvdia dsdt in the Extra folder, along with the i3-2310m SSDT-4.aml extracted from the HP Package. As I said, i did the whole process 3 times, following closely the youtube video.

The problem is that everytime i boot up from the chameleon bootloader, the things start loading, but shortly after detecting the HDD, somewhere where the network gets loaded (I'm not sure about this as the screen just shuts off) the laptop goes to SLEEP. Even with the -v/-f/-x GraphicsEnabler=No flags it's the same. It's crazy, I don't know what else to do. I've also changed the HDD type from ATA to AHCI, disabled/enabled Virtualisation from BIOS, but with no luck.

I also mention that the USB is plugged in the left side, keyboard in the USB 3 from the back and the mouse in the right USB port and i have a Western Digital 500 GB Scorpio Black HDD (I have changed the original one, maybe this is another cause, but i don't think so).

Any suggestions? Thanks.

ooooops

sorry no nvidia dsdt is nearly from a08 bios

sorry for that

will update it soon

Install IntelCpuMonitor.kext (FakeSMC plugin0 to get CPU's temp

unless i am blind, my cable is gray and it is not a solution.

I might have a solution, but usually when someone says that, week later they say "oh, no, it's back" :)

one tell an info about cable colour that do freezes !!

and asked confirmation from others whom having same problem to check colour of cable and no body confirmed !!

so the info is mostly correct till anther one confirm or deny it !!

so you denied it !!

so why this method on talking !! i feel this method is unrespectable to me

thanks !!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------

here is no nvidia dsdt

hope it works perfect for you

please send feedback for it and the sleep screen !!

NO nVidia.zip

Thanks for the hint (deleting DSDT.aml) as it worked like a charm. I managed to install without problems, except for the audio (I replaced AppleHDA.kext and updated cache but still no sound).

As for the new no nvidia dsdst, if i copy it in extra and restart it won't be able to boot up, same sleep issue. i have to use the DSDT=0 -v flags in order to get back and delete it again. Hope that this helps, maybe somebody else can confirm what i said.

Thanks for the hint (deleting DSDT.aml) as it worked like a charm. I managed to install without problems, except for the audio (I replaced AppleHDA.kext and updated cache but still no sound). As for the new no nvidia dsdst, if i copy it in extra and restart it won't be able to boot up, same sleep issue. i have to use the DSDT=0 -v flags in order to get back and delete it again. Hope that this helps, maybe somebody else can confirm what i said.

please extract dsdt from your notebook and upload it

and which version of smbios you use

Oh, nice. Yes, sleep is working for me. I already bought a new wireless card some time ago (Atheros 9287) and added a kext, so everything is running perfect so far. No artefacts, issues, whatever. Sound works, mic works, webcam works (by default, even before applying post install folder), usb 3.0 port works with usb 2.0 flash drive. I don't know what else to test. Thank you for the great guide/support.

First of All, thanks for your excessive efforts to make this work, because it really is!

I've successfully installed 10.8 (12A269) on a Dell Inspirron n5110 (i5 2410 nVidia GT 525m...)

Everything works except for these:

LAN (cannot get it work, even with atheros driver)

USB3 (after updating using a 3rd party driver, only as USB 2.0-over USB 3 devices)

Bluetooth is very fragile! sometimes from boot to boot, sometimes from sleep to wake, and it is laggy from time to time

and worst of all, nVidia GT 525m, it won't show up and I would really appreciate it, I'm going to work with FCPX and it'll help it a lot! thanks god HD3000 is minimum requirements for that!

but I've experienced no kernel panics whatsoever! I'm a hackintosh user since the very first day of OSX86 project and believe me, no kernel panics means a lot of efforts!

I'll wait for nVidia updates from you!

thanks again

keep up the good work

we all appreciate it

Alright, so hello.. I would like to join in on the fun and install Lion on my n5110. I've got a i7 2670qm cpu,and intel hd3000 graphics with a09 bios. I've looked through all the pages and I could not find a DSDT for the i7 with just HD3000. What do I need to make this run Lion stable? Thanks.