{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

asslamu alaikum, im now use n4110, i copying u'r dstd [extra folder] and detected 2 VGA, intel and NVIDIA, can i get dstd where i VGA detected only, because if i use ATI pci card to, its so make my processor Very HOT,... thanks before,..

Hi elad, Use the myhack method and boot with DSDT=no.aml Same after installation. Then delete the DSDT.aml from the Extra folder.

do you meen to install the "install myhack utility" after install chimera?

I tried it with DSDT=no.aml and it gave again "

still waiting for root device

".

maybe the problem is in the usb...

thank's!

(I have the i7 8gb)

do you meen to install the "install myhack utility" after install chimera?

I tried it with DSDT=no.aml and it gave again "

still waiting for root device

".

maybe the problem is in the usb...

thank's!

(I have the i7 8gb)

Follow M.O.S method like you did before. (set up the usb stick following Mohammed method and then just apply the my hack like in M.O.S method)

Then when you install (make sure you put the stick in the a usb 2.0, the 3.0 gets you the still waiting for root - i usually put it in the combo port) boot with DSDT=No.aml - this will get you past the sleep issue.

Once you install let it restart and boot again with DSDT=No.aml

After that follow the post install procedure from the guide and delete the DSDT.aml

After you restart you will be good to go.

If you update to 10.7.4 don't use the VoodooHDA.kext because it will kernel panic. Just use the one provided in the guide.

Make sure if install all kexsts with Kext helper (kinda does the same thing as my fix - sets permissions and stuff)

If you have a VGA monitor : Download Chameleon Wizard (serahcon google, it will have a green wizard icon) and once you start the app go to SMBios tab hit edit and select the 8.1 (sandy beige) this will enable you to use vga.

Again make sure you use the usb ports on the left (other ones give errors)

• Like 1

Follow M.O.S method like you did before. (set up the usb stick following Mohammed method and then just apply the my hack like in M.O.S method)

Then when you install (make sure you put the stick in the a usb 2.0, the 3.0 gets you the still waiting for root - i usually put it in the combo port) boot with DSDT=No.aml - this will get you past the sleep issue.

Once you install let it restart and boot again with DSDT=No.aml

After that follow the post install procedure from the guide and delete the DSDT.aml

After you restart you will be good to go.

If you update to 10.7.4 don't use the VoodooHDA.kext because it will kernel panic. Just use the one provided in the guide.

Make sure if install all kexsts with Kext helper (kinda does the same thing as my fix - sets permissions and stuff)

If you have a VGA monitor : Download Chameleon Wizard (serahcon google, it will have a green wizard icon) and once you start the app go to SMBios tab hit edit and select the 8.1 (sandy beige) this will enable you to use vga.

Again make sure you use the usb ports on the left (other ones give errors)

thak you, but it still waiting...

befor it i got a problem:

appleusbcdc: start - initdevice failed

am i need to make the disk on key "guid" or "master boot table"?

maybe can you capture your bios setting?

thank's.

edit: i deleted the extra folder from the disk on key and it "still waiting..."

finished my setup

just waiting for Xcode gm download to complete to patch applehda

Mountain Lion is so beautiful and smooth

just it need multitouch of touchpad to be so fantastic on our notebook

whether to make the same as making retail 10.7.3 using boot that you post on the front page ... ? thx

setuping Mountain Lion is like Lion Just use updated files

use latest bootloader

use MBR of Mlion GM

use Patched two kexts

i perfer that to use modded bios so no need for editing powermanagment kext

about dsdt as i mentioned before edit layout id to 02 see third post

setuping Mountain Lion is like Lion Just use updated files

use latest bootloader

use MBR of Mlion GM

use Patched two kexts

i perfer that to use modded bios so no need for editing powermanagment kext

about dsdt as i mentioned before edit layout id to 02 see third post

Hey Mohamed! What about NVidia 525 - any chance to get it to work? you're still using the code in dsdt that disables it?

And I've got a few questions:

1. How safe is it to use the modded bios that you're using ? I recall we discussed that the bios for all Inspirons n5110 is the same regardless of the processors used (e.g. I have i7-2670QM) - so does that mean I can flash the same modded bios that you're using onto my laptop?

2. You mention MBR - is your HDD partition scheme MBR? Mine is GUID and I though that MBR is not good enough for vanilla type OSX installations. Or am I wrong here?

Thanks! Great job on ML too!!! I followed your ML DP mini guide and I got ML DP4 installed last week - worked like a charm :) !!!

modded bios is for n5110 in any hardware configuration

so it will works dont worry about that

i still disabled nvidia card

really no need for nvidia card to me on mac it is better to make temperature lower and battery live longer

on MacBook Pro 10.1 retina nearly it is still using mux method on switching gfx so no optimus till now

to me i use MBR as it allows me to setup triple os smoothly without problem

if you setup osx and windows only you can choose the one you prefer

hello mohamed :)..iam still on ur previous DSDT which was intel+other wifi..can i put the DSDT that shut nividia instead although it's for the atheros one??..i just delete the current DSDT,put the new DSDT only or i should run my fix too?? ( مش عاوز كيرنل بانك يحصل الجهاز عليه شغل كتير :D)

hello mohamed :)..iam still on ur previous DSDT which was intel+other wifi..can i put the DSDT that shut nividia instead although it's for the atheros one??..i just delete the current DSDT,put the new DSDT only or i should run my fix too?? ( مش عاوز كيرنل بانك يحصل الجهاز عليه شغل كتير :D)

put dsdt on root of mac partion

and then type when restart this flag

DSDT=/DSDT.aml

finished my setup

just waiting for Xcode gm download to complete to patch applehda

Mountain Lion is so beautiful and smooth

just it need multitouch of touchpad to be so fantastic on our notebook

@thank you very very very much <3

"وديت جهازي النحس الصيانة علشان يصلحوا مشاكل الشت داون والسليب دي :/"

والنهاردة شيكت على التكت في الموقع غيروا الماذربورد والهاردسك هستلمه يوم السبت بإذن الله :/

• Like 1

For those of us with the DSDT sleep issue Mountain Lion would help with the intel - nvidia swich.

Maybe when you will rewrite the guide you can take a look at why your DSDT affects us. Maybe a bios issue? From what i could gather it happena on the i5 models with centrino.

Ok I installed ML today. Everything is OK except network. I've deleted and installed so many kext files (Rtl81xx, ionetworking, iouserethernet etc.) but no use.

While using 10.7.2, startup -v was showing the mac address of my ethernet and usb wifi and everything was OK.

I've also used my old kext files from 10.7.2 but no use again.

Any ideas?

Edit: I've noticed something weird. When I check the devices under "About This Mac", the ethernet card shows up, but when I try to add it under System Preferences - Network, there is no option as Ethernet interface.