• Please log in to reply
3133 replies to this topic

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.
Dw1702 here. Works perfectly.

Sherlocks

Sherlocks

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,282 posts

Dw1702 here. Works perfectly.

Thank you so much for clear answer.
I will order dw1702 :)

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

BT will only be 3.0, just thought you should know.

We try and keep a thorough inventory of compatible/incompatible cards here.

Nargore

Nargore

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi all, again.

About a two left USB  3.0 ports. I have a kexts which make this ports to work. And i will upload that kext in special folder on my Google Drive( goo.gl/37sVU5 ).
I don't try a full 3.0 speed, because i don't have a usb 3.0 flash-stick. Anyone, welcome :) 
That kext work in 10.11 and 10.12 very well for all USB 2.0 device. I don't know how this kext will work with a 3.0.

In future, i will make a some guides in one big tree.  For a comfort. :)

UPD: Pls call that "Nargore's Folder" :D

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.

Hi all, again.
About a two left USB  3.0 ports. I have a kexts which make this ports to work. And i will upload that kext in special folder on my Google Drive( goo.gl/37sVU5 ).
I don't try a full 3.0 speed, because i don't have a usb 3.0 flash-stick. Anyone, welcome :) 
That kext work in 10.11 and 10.12 very well for all USB 2.0 device. I don't know how this kext will work with a 3.0.

In future, i will make a some guides in one big tree.  For a comfort. :)
UPD: Pls call that "Nargore's Folder" :D

This is what I use. It works at full USB 3.0 speed with my external hdd. A bit slow in recognizing devices though. I believe it only works with storage devices though.

Nargore

Nargore

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Who have a brilliant work ALPS kexts with a multitouch on El Capitan? I cant find in forum.

khevin014

khevin014

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Playing computer games.

Hi guys.

I am new to this forum.

Following some clover guides over the internet and on this forum, I was able to sucessfully install El Capitan. (10.11)

Everything is working great for me (Audio/Keyboard/Wifi/) except for the right usb port.

Can anyone guide me on how can I get that port to work? Moreover, is it possible to update it to 10.11.6?If so, please guide me or even Sierra will be fine.

BTW, heres a quick spec of my N5110.

"N5110 Intel Core i5-2430m

Nvidia 525m (not supported on OS X as they said)
6 GB RAM

320 GB SSD

WIFI (I dont know which card is this, but its working fine without installing any additional kext from the guide I followed)"

edit: both USB port is working before I installed El Capitan, but after installing only the left one is working. Also, I only have Mac OS X installed on my drive.

Edited by khevin014, 17 August 2017 - 12:15 AM.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,830 posts

USB ports are handled differently than before since El Capitan. Lookup the USB fix. In a nutshell, you need to apply a DSDT patch and use a USB injector kext.

khevin014

khevin014

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

USB ports are handled differently than before since El Capitan. Lookup the USB fix. In a nutshell, you need to apply a DSDT patch and use a USB injector kext.

Thanks for your response, I tried the one on post #3124 but resulted to kernel panic, now I need to reinstall the os again since I dont know how to recover from kernel panic after installing a kext. Are you on Sierra? How was it? Which one is more stable/faster?

Florin9doi

Florin9doi

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

This works only for Intel controllers, but this notebook uses TI or NEC controllers for USB3.0

khevin014

khevin014

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

This works only for Intel controllers, but this notebook uses TI or NEC controllers for USB3.0

Thanks man, better go back to windows. :)

Does your modded bios increases the system performance on windows?

ezee

ezee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Just now, I have switched from i5 2410M to i7 2760M, result KP. Now what patch is required in order to fix kp?

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,830 posts

Assuming you use patched AICPUPM kext or Clover Asus AICPUPM kext, you'd be required to generate a new CPU power management SSDT with Pike R Alpha's well-known tool after your CPU swap-out. did you do that? What kind of KP do you get?

i5-2410M is dual core. There is no i7-2760M afaik. There is a i7-2670QM which is quad-core. You'll probabyl have to change your SMBIOS too and target a Sandy Bridge quad-core model such as MBP8,2/MBP8,3 (also fitted with i7-2760QM @2.4GHz). With your previous CPU, you'd have typically been using MBP8,1 SMBIOS.

ezee

ezee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Here is the list of 2nd gen i5-i7 mobile CPU list

Red rectangled ones are the ones that i heard from people they made it work on dell Inspiron n5110. And also I used i5-2450m and i7-2760qm on my n5110.

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

Sorry yes it is 2760QM not 'M'

Kernel Panic is like

DSMOS: SMC returned incorrect key:0000000000000000000000000.........................
00000000000000000000000000000@/Build_root/Library/Cache/com.apple.xps/Source/DontStealsmacOS/dont_steal_macos.cpp:221

I received this DSDT for same i5 CPU from a member and with no SSDT. Only patch applied is to get AppleALC working.

Below is the list of Kexts that I am using:-

ACPIBatteryManager.kext        FakePCIID.kext
ACPISensors.kext               FakeSMC.kext
AppleALC.kext                  GPUSensors.kext
AppleBacklight.kext            IntelBacklight.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext          Lilu.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext          LPCSensors.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext             mXHCD.kext
CPUSensors.kext                RealtekRTL8100.kext
DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext  VoodooPS2Controller.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

Even after changing SMBIOS to MBP8,3, S/Ns using Clover Configurator and SMUUID to UUID of installation drive, this issue persist and reproduced with USB installer too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy