Hello everyone, I've tried to read through all 130+ pages, searched topic for keywords, but hadnt found answers for these questions:
1. I've read on Dell's official sites and in lots of reviews that our lovely notebook cant detect more than 8 gigabytes of RAM. And here I see guys with 16gb ram installed. How's that possible, is it unlocked by the BIOS mod from the front page?
2. What's the changelog for latest BIOS mod in comparison with official A11? Maybe some unlocked features, like new CPU or more RAM support? I'm not talking about UEFI support and new menus, those changes are good.
3. And the most interesting question - anyone patched "IDT HD Audio" drivers to work with default, non-UEFI Windows 10?
An issue I'm experiencing is that after the installation of official driver from the Dell support page the sound doesnt work anymore, and if you connect your heaphones to the rightside port you can see clicks and strange noises. Removing the audio device with deleting drivers from Device Manager will install default "High Definition Audio Device" driver.
So SRS Audio is not working, Win10's HDAD sound is kinda poor compared to Win7's IDT HDA, and some videoplayers and games and all them programms think that I have some kind of multidevice configuration with subwoofer and are dropping all the bass and central audio channel to the void of silence.
1. Bluetooth is working with Atheros AR3011 drivers, can send files to and from my phone. Dont install them, just unpack and show Device Manager to install them, couple of minutes and everything is working.
2. Wifi shows as Dell Wireless 1702, so uses it's own drivers. I recommend you to NOT install drivers from Dell's site, unpack them instead and install driver manually. Dell's Wifi-Bluetooth utility works poorly and is very buggy at Win10.
3. For USB3.0 you'll need "Wistron USB3.0 Controller Driver" from Dell's site.
4. Screen-deactivating button is working after installing "Dell QuickSet Application". Application itself isnt starting from the wrench (middle) button, but it's useless anyway.
5. And of course, get latest Nvidia driver from their site.
Every other driver Windows 10 installs automatically.