{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Exactly same here...both issues...I avoid chrome and Firefox because both consume too much CPU power.

Anybody able to fix brightness down shortcut key? Down or up both are increasing brightness.

I'm getting random freezes while only using safari.

Finally some people who shares same problems as me.

didn't work. tried v5 and the latest beta. no touchpad movement

Hey zoeyc,

And that v5 driver from another reply doesn't work for me either. Touchpad stops working after installing that kext. Try the kext from my last quote.

Exactly same here...both issues...I avoid chrome and Firefox because both consume too much CPU power.

Hey ezee, 

check the solution below for brightness keys, with that kext, keyboard works kinda bit better with shortcuts. and touchpad is partially working (no gestures :[ ) at least its recognized in settings. Yeah i avoid chrome and firefox too. I'm sick of freezes. And after rebooting i experience screen artifacts, i have to reboot again to fix them, sometimes i might need to reboot twice. I set correct frequencies for screen. Why sierra become so problematic for us? :(

MacOS Sierra TrackPad full 

Use the  Trackpad.prefPane from El Capitan and replace in System/Library/PreferencePanes
Use this kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and delete VoodooPS2controller

With that obtain full functionality to the trackpad

Enjoy

Audio in MacOS Sierra? 

I use voodoohda and Bongiovi DPS App to make the sound much better.

with V5 touchpad lock(F3) stopped working + slow movement + no multi-touchand+ sublime text shortcuts are not working + had to modify keys (swapped command and option)...although it solved brightness control issue + back-slash '\' button issue + touchpad sensitivity i.e Good that now I can't move cursor by just hovering over and without touching touchpad but now too frequent accidental touch

touchpad prefs was replaced with El-capitan one, so it works with any kext.

Hello.I have installed Yosemite.BIOS is updated.Sound,video and wifi are working fine.But I have a trouble with a battery.After installing hackintosh is not charging.I see the battery bar with 1% capacity and it says that 20:00 left.The battery is not charging even when notebook turned off.I think that the problem is in modified BIOS,but I can not find what exactly is wrong.Does anyone knows how to solve it?

Does anyone have the touchpad working in Sierra? I've tried VoodooPS2 (both rehabman's and another), as well as http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2545-new-touchpad-driver-for-e6520-alps/. The trackpad works without gestures, and is extremely slow. I can adjust the sensitivity in the mouse section of the prefrences, but trackpad is empty. help? It's the only thing not working on my hack.

can you please help me how do you ablw to install sierra in dell n5110

my specs

intel i5 2430M Processor

6gb Ram

intel hd 3000 graphics

nvidia gt525m (it will not work i know but still listing it)

500Gb HDD

please help i really want to install sierra in my laptop

please give my your efi folder link 

upload it to mediafire or mega or dropbox or anywhere you want but please help

with V5 touchpad lock(F3) stopped working + slow movement + no multi-touchand+ sublime text shortcuts are not working + had to modify keys (swapped command and option)...although it solved brightness control issue + back-slash '\' button issue + touchpad sensitivity i.e Good that now I can't move cursor by just hovering over and without touching touchpad but now too frequent accidental touch

touchpad prefs was replaced with El-capitan one, so it works with any kext.

can you please help me how do you ablw to install sierra in dell n5110

my specs

intel i5 2430M Processor

6gb Ram

intel hd 3000 graphics

nvidia gt525m (it will not work i know but still listing it)

500Gb HDD

please help i really want to install sierra in my laptop

please give my your efi folder link 

upload it to mediafire or mega or dropbox or anywhere you want but please help

UmarTech Format GUID+Mac Extended + Use attached EFI (for USB stick, replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi by OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi) + Use your serial number(null) + if you do not use BCM WiFi card then you can remove patches(KextToPatch) from config.plist and kexts.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4i6cn42iiq9i9u4/EFI_ON_DISK_SIERRA.zip

Question to all:

Has anybody tried Full HD screen display for Dell N5110? https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=n5110+full+hd+screen+display&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3An5110+full+hd+screen+display

• Like 1

guys chill. if i knew, i would help btw.  But the thing is having argument in here won't help. And there is a problem solver called google. So i'm pretty sure, there are tons of dsdt patching pages there. I did tried once but i already have a dsdt patched and works pretty well, it wasnt worth to do it, so ive never done. But i've been in those dsdt patching pages. So, dont expect someone to give you something on a golden plate. do it yourself as everybody else doing right now.

If I new what I needed to do to my DSDT I wouldn't be on here asking for help and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Google is no help... The only results I get are for Core i5s and the others have nothing to do with the Inspiron and DSDT patches at all...

i

is there any new version for v6 for two finger scrolling support. as v6 users we only need two finger scrolling. everything else is working. thanks a lot so far for the kexts. it really helped dr.hurt.

Did you ever have 2 finger scrolling with your V6 on mac? Or windows? The linux driver does't support multifinger for V6 which is why I though it wouldn't be worth the effort of porting it. You can get basic support using rehabman's generic ps2 driver.

Did you ever have 2 finger scrolling with your V6 on mac? Or windows? The linux driver does't support multifinger for V6 which is why I though it wouldn't be worth the effort of porting it. You can get basic support using rehabman's generic ps2 driver.

yes, i had on yosemite actually and i'm not sure if my touchpad is V6 or not. But after the other forum users posted same problems as me on touchpad, i thought its v6. and only the beta 6 or v6 beta version worked better on sierra, touchpad and mouse shown in different pref panes etc. 

How can i get the touchpad info? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm new to all of this and I'm trying to install Sierra on my laptop (Dell Inspiron N5110), but I have been stuck on the apple logo with the coloured spinning wheel. It has been there for about 3.5 hours now. 

I found that booting in safe mode will give an OsxAptioFix memory error, but the computer boots past that initial point if safe mode is not enabled.

My Dell is the Core i3-2310 version with intel HD 3000 graphics and I have attached my EFI folder with 'Themes' omitted.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: File did not attach. Attaching again.

EFI.zip

I've made a patch to avoid the following error:

Your battery has experienced permanent failure and needs to be replaced.

Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility

dt43s5pm.jpg

# AMITSE | N5110 - remove battery health check
B1DA0ADF-4F77-4070-A88E-BFFE1C60529A 10 P:FFFF807C243000743648:FFFF807C243000EB3648

Have fun!

Edited by Florin9doi
  • Like 1