{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

I too experienced some light artefacts on my HD3000-based E6220 with Sierra GM 16A320. It was Ok with DB8 and Ok again with GM2 16A322.

I'm updating now to the Final Version of Sierra. But artifacts are really bad here still with gm 16A320 . Even I set the pixel clock.  

How's that patched DSDT coming along?

What do you mean ?

I have zero artefacts booting with slide=0 flag (running clover legacy to avoid windows 10 audio problem).

السلام عليكم

بتمنى تكون بخير يا أخي

أخي الكريم هل من الممكن إنك تعمل شرح جديد (كتابة وفيديو) لكيفية تثبيت الماك الجديد مع آخر التعريفات اللي بتشتغل بدون مشاكل

حكون شاكر جدا ليك

دمت بخير وجزاك الله خيرا

Can any one make a new tutorial for macOs Sierra with the suitable kexts?

I don't have time to write a full tutorial, but I could share with you guys my kexts, DSDT, and clover config (which is all a work in progress).

This will work with people with similar machines (i5, 4GB Ram, nVidia gpu, ALPS V3 touchpad, atheros wifi).

My problems:

Trackpad prefpane doesn't work (restoring el cap one partially works).

Keyboard shortcuts (volume, brightness, etc. dont work).

Bluetooth doesn't work.

System is a bit sluggish. (but I'm not using the final build).

I'll post all that later today, when I have access to the laptop

• Like 1

I don't have time to write a full tutorial, but I could share with you guys my kexts, DSDT, and clover config (which is all a work in progress).

This will work with people with similar machines (i5, 4GB Ram, nVidia gpu, ALPS V3 touchpad, atheros wifi).

My problems:

Trackpad prefpane doesn't work (restoring el cap one partially works).

Keyboard shortcuts (volume, brightness, etc. dont work).

Bluetooth doesn't work.

System is a bit sluggish. (but I'm not using the final build).

I'll post all that later today, when I have access to the laptop

Is the current old tutorial in this thread is enough to install the new macOs? or there are new steps required?

Can you take the current tutorial and make some edits to update it for Sierra?

thank you very much and I'm waiting for your replies and experience

Is the current old tutorial in this thread is enough to install the new macOs? or there are new steps required?

Can you take the current tutorial and make some edits to update it for Sierra?

thank you very much and I'm waiting for your replies and experience

Do you have a Mac or at lease a working OS X system?

If so, all you need is:

1- Create a USB installer: http://diskmakerx.com/

2- Install Clover to the USB drive and replace the Clover folder with the one provided.

I'll be posting my clover folder soon.

• Like 1

Do you have a Mac or at lease a working OS X system?

If so, all you need is:

1- Create a USB installer: http://diskmakerx.com/

2- Install Clover to the USB drive and replace the Clover folder with the one provided.

I'll be posting my clover folder soon.

yes I have a working macOs

please tell me how to run clover legacy? I don't want to have problems with Windows

and do you use the GM macOs sierra? do you solve sluggish problem?

Sierra Installation Pack:

Fortunately, this laptop still remains one of the most hackintoshable laptops available.

EVERYTHING WORKS with Sierra (edit: Well, almost everything  :blush:)

This will only work properly with systems having the same specs as mine:

Core i5 with 4GB of RAM, nvidia (disabled in DSDT), ALPS V3 touchpad, Atheros 9825 combo card

It has everything needed to run Sierra without the need to install a single kext to the system partition.

Everything is injected/patched thru clover before boot giving a system that is more resilient to updates.

Known issues:

- Keyboard Volume/Brightness/multimedia shortcuts don't work (VoodooPS2, not specific to this laptop)

- Trackpad prefpane is blank. El Cap version works, but doesn't save settings across reboot.

- Bluetooth is flaky (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't use it)

- HDMI not working

Notes:

- I'm using a patched non-UEFI bios with Clover booting in legacy mode.

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

Fortunately, this laptop still remains one of the most hackintoshable laptops available.

EVERYTHING WORKS with Sierra 

Core i5 with 4GB of RAM, nvidia (disabled in DSDT), ALPS V3 touchpad, Atheros 9825 combo card

It has everything needed to run Sierra without the need to install a single kext to the system partition.

Everything is injected/patched thru clover before boot giving a system that is more resilient to updates.

Known issues:

- Trackpad prefpane is blank. El Cap version works, but doesn't save settings across reboot.

- Bluetooth is flaky (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't use it)

Notes:

- I'm using a patched non-UEFI bios with Clover booting in legacy mode.

what do you mean by everything?

what do you mean by everything?

Well, everything I use: Graphics Acceleration, Audio, USB2.0/3.0, Touchpad with gestures, Webcam, Card Reader, Wifi, sleep and wake, battery status...

Works surprisingly well after a clean install of the final release of Sierra. Had lots of lagging with the beta.

I actually put a lot of effort into patching the DSDT, updating the touchpad driver, and finding the right drivers.

Hello Dr. Hurt,

You can provide the patched bios

Thanks

Unfortunately, I no longer have the file.

You can use the original stock BIOS and enable CPU power management patch in clover. It'll work just as well.

• Like 1

Well, everything I use: Graphics Acceleration, Audio, USB2.0/3.0, Touchpad with gestures, Webcam, Card Reader, Wifi, sleep and wake, battery status...

Works surprisingly well after a clean install of the final release of Sierra. Had lots of lagging with the beta.

I actually put a lot of effort into patching the DSDT, updating the touchpad driver, and finding the right drivers.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the file.

You can use the original stock BIOS and enable CPU power management patch in clover. It'll work just as well.

Thank you very much for your efforts

How I can use your DSDT with my cpu

Is there is anything to do to make it work?

Thank you very much for your efforts

How I can use your DSDT with my cpu

Is there is anything to do to make it work?

You're welcome.

I don't think you can use my DSDT with your CPU. Try it with the installer USB you create, see if it boots!!

But you should patch a DSDT extracted from your system.

• Like 1

EVERYTHING WORKS with Sierra (edit: Well, almost everything  :blush:)

I use Core i7 2670QM with 16GB ram, you think that works well MacOS Sierra on my system? 

When I use the bios stock I can not boot from the USB. In clover that option should I use to be legacy. The audio does not work in El Capitan 10.11.6

my cpu is i5-2410M with intel gpu

I don't know how to patch DSDT, I'm using the DSDT from this guide and using osx 10.10 now

can help me to make the right DSDT please

We have the same CPU which means the DSDT will probably work with your laptop.

Create a USB installer, install Clover to it (using boot0af, BiosBlockIO), then replace the clover folder created on the USB with the one I uploaded.

I use Core i7 2670QM with 16GB ram, you think that works well MacOS Sierra on my system? 

When I use the bios stock I can not boot from the USB. In clover that option should I use to be legacy. The audio does not work in El Capitan 10.11.6

I don't know if the DSDT will work with your system. Install Clover on a USB stick (see below), try my files, and tell me. If not I'll patch your DSDT for you.

The audio will work in Sierra with the files I uploaded.

Recommendations for Clover:

- Use a separate USB stick from the installer.

- Make sure the stick is newly formatted with MBR

- In Clover installer: UNCHECK ESP, CHECK boot0af, BiosBlockIO

• Like 1

How is fan doing when browsing on chrome with 10 tabs on Sierra final?

How is fan doing when browsing on chrome with 10 tabs on Sierra final?

I've tried to install Sierra with your method but it's not working for me!

When I select the Sierra installer from clover it displays Apple logo for 1 minute then it displays 'stop sign' and nothing happens!

When I tried to do -v it displays blank black screen!

I suspect that your DSDT not working for me,

Because I have intel only and I don't have Nvidia or amd gpu

Can you make a compatible DSDT for me please?

I've tried to install Sierra with your method but it's not working for me!

When I select the Sierra installer from clover it displays Apple logo for 1 minute then it displays 'stop sign' and nothing happens!

When I tried to do -v it displays blank black screen!

I suspect that your DSDT not working for me,

Because I have intel only and I don't have Nvidia or amd gpu

Can you make a compatible DSDT for me please?

Try deleting the DSDT from the ACPI/Patched folder and tell me what happens. 

If it starts booting, then it was indeed the DSDT, in which case I'll need a clean DSDT extracted Clover, Windows, or Linux.

• Like 1

Try deleting the DSDT from the ACPI/Patched folder and tell me what happens. 

If it starts booting, then it was indeed the DSDT, in which case I'll need a clean DSDT extracted Clover, Windows, or Linux.

Now I will try to make the installer again on the flash and then I will try what you told me, it will take some time

If you want, I can give you my current working DSDT for 10.10?

@Dr Hurt

Please also tell us, how is fan doing on Sierra?..I am on El-Capitan, I can hear fan making sound just doing simple browsing, Youtube on Chrome with 10 tabs. Firefox become jittery at this kind of usage.

Now I will try to make the installer again on the flash and then I will try what you told me, it will take some time

If you want, I can give you my current working DSDT for 10.10?

If your DSDT is working with 10.10, why are you even trying to use mine? You could just use it with Sierra.

Do you have a problem with your DSDT?

And no, if you want a new patched DSDT, I'll need a clean newly extracted DSDT.

@Dr Hurt

Please also tell us, how is fan doing on Sierra?..I am on El-Capitan, I can hear fan making sound just doing simple browsing, Youtube on Chrome with 10 tabs. Firefox become jittery at this kind of usage.

I have never had any problems with heat or fan on my N5110. If there's a difference in fan speed between Windows and Mac, it could mean that you have a problem with your power management (DSDT+SSDT)

• Like 1

If your DSDT is working with 10.10, why are you even trying to use mine? You could just use it with Sierra.

Do you have a problem with your DSDT?

And no, if you want a new patched DSDT, I'll need a clean newly extracted DSDT.

I have never had any problems with heat or fan on my N5110. If there's a difference in fan speed between Windows and Mac, it could mean that you have a problem with your power management (DSDT+SSDT)

Now the installer is working!

but I have a problem

that the usb mouse and touchpad not working in the installer and the brightness is very low I can't see anything!

I use inject kexts from clover

please help me to solve these problem

also what about SSDT file? you didn't include in your clover files