{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Putting in the DSDT and SSDT fixed the sleep issue, I'll try the Voodoo kexts to see if I can get scroll working! I could even change my brightness now!

I installed the latest kext from RehabMans download page and I still have no scrolling, The touchpad still works unlike before when I installed the kext I lost touchpad and keyboard. Is there something I am missing?

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
@Mohamed Khairy
كل عام وأنت بخير يا أخي الكريم
وعيد سعيد عليك وعلى أهلك وأحبابك إن شاء الله

طمني عليك إن شاء الله إنت بخير وأمورك كلها طيبة؟

حابب استفسر منك

هل ناوي تحدث الموضوع لآخر اصدار من نظام الماك؟ ولو ناوي حيكون متى :)

بارك الله فيك وجزاك الله خيرا

Having an issue with the brightness, I can only use the brightness keys once then I have to go to sleep and wake back up or restart the laptop for them to work again but then the situation repeats if I change the brightness. Now my mouse quit working as I was typing this...

So I have sleep and wake working fine it's just that it wants to wake at the wrong time... When I shut my laptop it won't stay asleep, last night I shut it and I went to get it today and I'm like "Wow this thing is awfully warm," Yeah I guess so it was awake while the screen was shut... How can I fix this?

Hello guys,

Can you offer an application that can backup and restore the whole data with OS of Winchester? I know the Stellar Drive Clone and Carbon Copy Cloner but I would like to restore Windows 7 and OS X 10.10 from the image file.

I mean something like the Norton Ghost 15 was. Just put the restore CD choose the image file from the external Hard disk wait approx 20 minutes and done.

I use GPT partition.

I am waiting for your response. :)

I looked in "powermanagment" in console and every minute there's this, Wake [CDNVA] due to RTC HDEF EHC2 EHC1/HID Activity: Using AC (Charge:421%)

sudo pmset -g output:

Active Profiles:

Battery Power -1

AC Power -1*

Currently in use:

hibernatemode        0

halfdim              1

lidwake              1

womp                 0

networkoversleep     0

sleep                60 (sleep prevented by AddressBookSour)

ttyskeepawake        1

disksleep            10

hibernatefile        /dev/null

autorestart          0

displaysleep         10

ls -la /var/vm output:
total 0

drwxr-xr-x   2 root  wheel   68 Sep 17 18:34 .

drwxr-xr-x  25 root  wheel  850 Sep 12 15:41 ..

post-868887-0-27370800-1474235960_thumb.png

My Dell Inspiron N5110 Configuration:
-Custom Bios of florin9doi
-i5-2450M with Intel HD 3000 + Nvidia 525M(disabled of course)
-Samsung 850 PRO SSD
- 12 GB RAM (4 GB RAM 1333mhz + 6 GB RAM 1600mhz)

Clover UEFI Boot with ssdt and dsdt applied.

But,I changed OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

You may need to change it and it's in EFI_Partition:/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

Because, I couldn't be able to boot Sierra with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (which is given on the first post in PreInstall folder)

Mac OS Sierra GM works here, with screen artifacts.

Even though I used the color profile which was created in Yosemite with switchresx(using correct display sync values). In Yosemite it was working fine(no artifacts 99.9 percent of time), even I was removed the switchresx, and wasn't using it for last 1.5 years.

Intel Integrated Graphics with QE/CI works.

Wifi works.

Sound works (Voodoo HDA 2.8.9).

See the edit 2 - But systemwide volume slider doesn't work. (for example,you need to use spotify's volume slider instead. or in-app volume sliders for other apps.)

Mic works.

Camera works.

Card Reader works.

All USBs works.

Battery Percentage works (but I had problems(no battery detected on boots w/out charger plugged-in) with the one I used in Yosemite before, so download the latest ACPIBatteryManager.kext)

Keyboard and Touchpad works (BUT old version which was i used with Yosemite, caused kernel panic. Download the latest VoodooPS2Controller.kext )

And multi touch gestures and scrolling doesn't work while using touchpad.

And Mac doesn't detect it as a touchpad in preferences.

And keyboard function shortcuts sound brightness etc doesn't work.

As a temporary fix : I'm using f4 and f5 keys instead for changing brightness(set from keyboard preferences).

EDIT : also installed switchresx now but apparently it has no effect on artifacts as you can see on the screen. Also System freezes time to time. had to reboot by holding power button.

post-868887-0-80404200-1474277013_thumb.pngpost-868887-0-43003000-1474290433_thumb.png

EDIT 1.1 : I realized that first screenshot contains 1360x768. I changed it again to 1366x768 with pixel clock 72.25 and then 72.1. will update the post if something changes.

EDIT 2 : Okay i fixed the volume slider problem by changing entries in kext's info.plist(VoodooHDA.kext -> show package contents -> info.plist)

to True value.

<key>VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix</key>
<true/>

Volume is fully working now on Sierra. Also I used AppleHDADisabler.kext to disable applehda. So, sound won't get broken on updates. And I won't need to delete or move applehda.kext in S/L/E.

But touchpad still not recognised correctly, so gestures doesn't work and it's detected as normal mouse.

AND SCREEN ARTIFACTS!!!

• Like 2