{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Hi all,is there any solution for USB 3.0 for 10.11.3 ? can't get it work with GenericUSBXHCI.kext

upd. usb 3.0 works only if GenericUSBXHCI.kext is in S/L/E (not in clover kext folder) ,but usb 3.0 ports are not displaying in about this mac>>System report>>usb

thanks succeeded

I still have a few problems .

When the system is loaded, it does not seem to log in on a black screen .
Login occurs after several power button is pressed
I use files kenjiloc
Do you have a card reader and camera kexes ? My system is 10.11

thanks for help
Kilu

Hello Guys
I want to install mac os just to be able to use xcode for programming, so would Mac OS performance match real mac devices (as I have i7 + 8GB ram + 256GB Samsung SSD) or would be slow like Vertual box one?
and, is it doable now with El Capitan?
is it possible to use external HDMI monitor after installing mac?

thanks in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...

Check your DSDT for an important DSDT info (or patch) in Method _INI that is necessary to activate USB3.0 capability: you need to "simulate" a Windows Vista/7/8/10 mode under OS X ("Darwin" kernel).

For instance, this is what I had to do with my DSDT on my E6440.

* Before:

Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)        {
            Store (0x07D0, OSYS)
            If (CondRefOf (\_OSI, Local0))
            {
[...]
                If (_OSI ("Windows 2006"))
                {
                    Store (0x07D6, OSYS)
                }
[...]

* After:

Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)        {
            Store (0x07D0, OSYS)
            If (CondRefOf (\_OSI, Local0))
            {
[...]
                If (LOr (_OSI ("Darwin"), _OSI ("Windows 2006"))) /* Simulates Win Vista mode in OS X */
                {
                    Store (0x07D6, OSYS)
                }
[...]

`

USB3.0 XHCI controller cannot be activated in I/O without this patch and will not register in IOReg. The patch applies to all OS X versions.

NB: As hinted above, the Darwin version check can be added to subsequent Windows version like 2009, etc. I verified that point.

I already have Darwin fix in DSDT

If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
                {
                    Store (0x07D2, OSYS)
                }

And USB 3.0 are displayed in "about this mac" in 10.9.5 and working.

On 10.11.3 USB 3.0 works too,but not displayed in "about this mac"

I think that "simulating win vista mode" will not solve the problem (but I'll try,thanks)

BCM4352

azurewave aw-ce123h ( http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=azurewave+aw-ce123h&_sacat=0 )

with this card you can use airdrop and continuity, as i know :-)

try to use it

I have installed 

AzureWave AW-CE123H BCM4352 wlan card

Now which kext I have to use to make it working including Airport and bluetooth? This guide is very confusing http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/

I have installed 

AzureWave AW-CE123H BCM4352 wlan card

Now which kext I have to use to make it working including Airport and bluetooth? This guide is very confusing http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/

i'm not sure if google translate can help you, but here's link(RUSSIAN language) that can help you.

• 2 weeks later...

updated my bios and sucesfully installed 10.10.5 but after bios my cpu fan running too fast and making noise anyone know how to fix it ?

Mine did the same thing after the new BIOS. Must have to do with the unlocked MSR.

Anyway, resetting the BIOS settings and removing the battery for a few minutes fixed it for me.

Don't reset bios. It will broke uefi boot. Just remove the battery for a couple of seconds.

Thanks for the heads up. I flahsed an unlocked non-UEFI BIOS so I didn't have this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

its done 

DELL n5110 

I3 4GB RAM

YOSEMITE 10.10.5 

GRAPHICS - Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

is there any way to increase graphics ? 

Don't reset bios. It will broke uefi boot. Just remove the battery for a couple of seconds.

still its running too fast :( 

its done 

DELL n5110 

I3 4GB RAM

YOSEMITE 10.10.5 

GRAPHICS - Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

is there any way to increase graphics ? 

still its running too fast :(

Use this, is perfect

HD3000 vram by default is 512 MB. Terminal command to increase vRAM for HD3000 graphics

From 512MB to 1GB

cd /S*/L*/Ext*/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/C*/M*

sudo cp AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.backup

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xC7\x45\xBC\x00\x00\x00\x20|\xc7\x45\xBC\x00\x00\x00\x40|g' AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

sudo touch /S*/L*/Extensions

From 1 GB to 2 GB

cd /S*/L*/Ext*/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/C*/M*

sudo cp AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.backup

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xC7\x45\xBC\x00\x00\x00\x40|\xc7\x45\xBC\x00\x00\x00\x80|g' AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

sudo touch /S*/L*/Extensions

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to install 10.11.4 but not all functions work. I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to create the bootable usb with clover on it and replaced the config.plist with the one from page 1 with some mod as advised by Julio Vargas and use the dsdt and ssdt-4 correspondingly. Then I delete all the kexts inside 10.10 folder and delete all kexts inside 10.11 folder except the fakesmc and copy all kexts from the preinstall folder into the 10.11. Managed to install but USB3.0, sound not working and the touchpad is a little bit erratic.

Any advise would be much appreciate. Thank you.

Ok. Managed to get the audio working. Thank you kenjiloc for the info. Deleted some line from config.plist like tipped by kenjiloc then install his applehda.kext. My sound now works great. Now trying to get the USB3 to work. Anyone can guide me?

My config

Dell Inspiron 15R N5110

Core i7 2630QM

Nvidia GT525M

8GB Ram

WD 500GB HDD

Atheros 9285

Thank you

Could you be a little more specific regarding your lack of USB3.0 support? Do you see the controller in IOReg or in your SysProfiler at all?

Depending on what you get or do not get, the info provided in this post may help... You may declare Darwin to simulate Win7 or Win8 or Win10 instead of Vista.

This somehow fixed the bluetooth errors that were flooding my log.

The USB device enumeration failures during startup are also gone.

Running 10.10.5

Thank you very much for this.

PS. Does Renesas now work with El Capitan? If so, how? I have been away for quite some time.

Edited by Dr. Hurt

Does hibernate works for those who installed El Capitan on this laptop? My laptop went from sleep to hibernate after some time and when I switched it on it failed to boot and I had to cancel the hibernate wake. Is it to be expected or should i do something to enable hibernation?