{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

using Hackintosh Vietnam Tool 1.9.6 patch AppleHDA

thanks :D i tried it before but it didn't work for me but this time it did now to fix this brightness and ill be all done not worried about USB 3.0 because mine don't even work lol

and to try and make my own DSDT currently using  the one in the first post.

thanks :D i tried it before but it didn't work for me but this time it did now to fix this brightness and ill be all done not worried about USB 3.0 because mine don't even work lol

and to try and make my own DSDT currently using  the one in the first post.

It worked my Dell N5110 with Clover legacy (IDT 92HD87B1/3,  or try my file upload http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4626-idt-92hd87b13-dummyhdakext/

1, You patch layout 12 in DSDT yet ???

2, Clover patch (using DummuHDA.kext /s/l/e and AppleHDA.kext original ):

AppleHDA  8319D411 ----> 00000000

AppleHDA  8419D411 ----> D1761D11

notes: OSX 10.11 disable SIP 

I've successfully triple booted Ubuntu 14.04, Windows 10 and Os X Yosemite using Hybrid MBR. Ubuntu and windows run in legacy mode (which avoids HW problems specially in windows). Ubuntu and Os X are loaded using clover, and windows using the default MBR bootloader (which runs after exiting clover)

The steps I followed are:

1) Install mac os X with the method from first post following all the steps until Post install. You should create 3 partitions, Windows, Ubuntu & MAC, in this order (I don't know if a 4th partition for data works following this method, as I have a second hard drive for data). Don't do Post install from Mac until last step.

2) Run ubuntu as LiveCD (as BIOS legacy mode, not EFI mode). To do this, enter BIOS and set USB as the first boot device, and do not load USB through F12, as it will possibly load EFI mode instead of BIOS Legacy mode. 

3) Open terminal and put gdisk /dev/sda (or whatever sdX you are installing to): you should get something like:

Partition table scan:
   MBR: hybrid
   BSD: not present
   APM: not present
   GPT: present

Installing ubuntu makes MBR change from hybrid to protective. If leaved unchanged, this will make impossible for you to install windows in BIOS legacy mode (as windows installer will see the disk as a GPT disk). Once ubuntu is installed, you should recover this initial output of gdisk, changing again MBR to hybrid. 

4) Install ubuntu without bootloader, running the installer from the LiveCD terminal using the following command.

ubiquity --no-bootloader

5) Once the installer has finished, open a terminal before restarting and restore the hybrid MBR using gdisk. The exact steps to do this are described here: http://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/hybrid.html. When asked which GPT partitions should be added to hybrid MBR select the target Windows partition (which should be the first). Everything else should be leaved as default or as seen in the previous guide.

6) Restart, and you should be able to install Windows. Remember not to use F12 for loading the usb, as this may trigger EFI mode. Windows installation will install the bootloader, and you should be able to boot windows after the installation.

7) Finally, run clover from the usb to load OS X, and proceed with the OS X Post install and clover installation.

8) At this point, you should get clover once the computer is powered on. You should be able to select ubuntu and OS X from within clover, and exiting clover should start windows.

I've believe that with this everything that has been known to work for each of the systems works (I used this method to recover windows audio, which is known to fail if windows is installed in EFI mode). Though Hybrid MBR's are known to be messy, i believe this is the only method to run triple boot with minimum HW problems, specially for Windows.

• Like 1

I've successfully triple booted Ubuntu 14.04, Windows 10 and Os X Yosemite using Hybrid MBR. Ubuntu and windows run in legacy mode (which avoids HW problems specially in windows). Ubuntu and Os X are loaded using clover, and windows using the default MBR bootloader (which runs after exiting clover)

The steps I followed are:

1) Install mac os X with the method from first post following all the steps until Post install. You should create 3 partitions, Windows, Ubuntu & MAC, in this order (I don't know if a 4th partition for data works following this method, as I have a second hard drive for data). Don't do Post install from Mac until last step.

2) Run ubuntu as LiveCD (as BIOS legacy mode, not EFI mode). To do this, enter BIOS and set USB as the first boot device, and do not load USB through F12, as it will possibly load EFI mode instead of BIOS Legacy mode. 

3) Open terminal and put gdisk /dev/sda (or whatever sdX you are installing to): you should get something like:

Partition table scan:

MBR: hybrid

BSD: not present

APM: not present

GPT: present

Installing ubuntu makes MBR change from hybrid to protective. If leaved unchanged, this will make impossible for you to install windows in BIOS legacy mode (as windows installer will see the disk as a GPT disk). Once ubuntu is installed, you should recover this initial output of gdisk, changing again MBR to hybrid. 

4) Install ubuntu without bootloader, running the installer from the LiveCD terminal using the following command.

ubiquity --no-bootloader

5) Once the installer has finished, open a terminal before restarting and restore the hybrid MBR using gdisk. The exact steps to do this are described here: http://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/hybrid.html. When asked which GPT partitions should be added to hybrid MBR select the target Windows partition (which should be the first). Everything else should be leaved as default or as seen in the previous guide.

6) Restart, and you should be able to install Windows. Remember not to use F12 for loading the usb, as this may trigger EFI mode. Windows installation will install the bootloader, and you should be able to boot windows after the installation.

7) Finally, run clover from the usb to load OS X, and proceed with the OS X Post install and clover installation.

8) At this point, you should get clover once the computer is powered on. You should be able to select ubuntu and OS X from within clover, and exiting clover should start windows.

I've believe that with this everything that has been known to work for each of the systems works (I used this method to recover windows audio, which is known to fail if windows is installed in EFI mode). Though Hybrid MBR's are known to be messy, i believe this is the only method to run triple boot with minimum HW problems, specially for Windows.

Thank!. But, I've successfully multi booted Ubuntu 15.10, Kali linux, Windows 10 and Os X Yosemite & El capitan using Legacy (with Clover boot, not mod Bios)  :) 

Thank!. But, I've successfully multi booted Ubuntu 15.10, Kali linux, Windows 10 and Os X Yosemite & El capitan using Legacy (with Clover boot, not mod Bios)  :) 

But is audio working on windows 10 for you? I couldn't, so that's why I had to procede this way.

But is audio working on windows 10 for you? I couldn't, so that's why I had to procede this way.

MBR not mod Uefi Bios , audio working fine :)

I'm trying to upgrade from 10.10 to 10 .11. After the band pack comes to the end (10-15 minutes) highlighting the screen that I sent. Here is the config.plist. I have the serial numbers removed

The same my Dell, Try using config.plist 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz6e-ESO7eycZS0zRzN4dEVpN3c/view?usp=sharing

I'm trying to upgrade from 10.10 to 10 .11. After the band pack comes to the end (10-15 minutes) highlighting the screen that I sent. Here is the config.plist. I have the serial numbers removed.

The config.plist is inaccurate. El Capitan should not use this statement

kext -dev -mode = 1 slide = 0

You must be left blank. El Capitan only start if these lines are correct config.plist. Use this lines:

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>
<key>LogEveryBoot</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>LogLineCount</key>
<integer>3000</integer>
<key>MountEFI</key>
<false/>
</dict>

<dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
    </dict>

0x3 disables partially SIP (System Integrity Protection)

When El Capitan is installed and it has registered the kext used to our system should be changed from 0x3 to 0x0 to enable SIP and OSX work properly.

Use this guide to upgrade from 10.10.5 to The Capitan. It's Excellent

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/172107-direct-update-os-x-el-capitan-using-clover.html

AppleHDA.Kext backs before upgrading version of Yosemite so install it on El Capitan and have sound.

Dear All,

Do any guys have a patch for battery and sleep kexts?

My config: N5110

Graphics: Intel HD3000

CPU: i5-2430M 

HDD: SSD

Thank you very much.

Sany

Battery works fine with ACPIBatteryManager.kext from first page of this topic

Yes, I did it with mixed results.

working: webcam, DVD, sound (VoodooHDA), card reader

not work: battery, sleep, USB3

My configuration: Dell Inspiron N5110, i5-2410M, 8GB RAM, Intel HD3000 only, 256GB SSD

El Capitan was clean installed to ssd.

Yes, I did it with mixed results.

working: webcam, DVD, sound (VoodooHDA), card reader

not work: battery, sleep, USB3

My configuration: Dell Inspiron N5110, i5-2410M, 8GB RAM, Intel HD3000 only, 256GB SSD

El Capitan was clean installed to ssd.

Place config.plist file to review .

Correctly selected your DSDT.aml (Intel), Config.plist (Intel only) and 2410M SSDT - 4.aml

Hi! How to do a clean install of OS X El Capitan? Has anyone had success?

Use the guide in the first post and chage the config.plis with this lines

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>
<key>LogEveryBoot</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>LogLineCount</key>
<integer>3000</integer>
<key>MountEFI</key>
<false/>
</dict>

<dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
        <string>0x3</string>
    </dict>

0x3 disables partially SIP (System Integrity Protection)

When El Capitan is installed and it has registered the kext used to our system should be changed from 0x3 to 0x0 to enable SIP and OSX work properly.

Don´t use kest-dev-mode=1 slide=0 leave blank.

Black screen, use Fn+F5

You tell us how it went

Place config.plist file to review .

Correctly selected your DSDT.aml (Intel), Config.plist (Intel only) and 2410M SSDT - 4.aml

Here is my config.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>BiosVendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>MBP81.88Z.0047.B24.1110141131</string>
<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
<string>10/14/11</string>
<key>Manufacturer</key>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacBookPro8,2</string>
<key>Version</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>Family</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>C02HT854DF8X</string>
<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
<key>Board-ID</key>
<string>Mac-94245A3940C91C80</string>
</dict>
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>CustomLogo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>5</integer>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 slide=0</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>ElCapitan</string>
<key>Log</key>
<false/>
<key>Fast</key>
<false/>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>-1</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
</dict>
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<false/>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<false/>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<false/>
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQIEABAHAAAQBwAABQMAAAIAAAAwAAAAAgUAAAAEAAAHAAAAAwQAAAAEAAAJAAAABAYAAAAEAAAJAAAA</data>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>HDMI+VGA+Brightness</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQIDABITAAASEwAABQMAAAIAAAAwAAAABgIAAAIAAAAwAAAAAgUAAAAIAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Find</key>
<data>hBnUEQ==</data>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AD1984 -> 92HD87B1/3</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>0XYdEQ==</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Find</key>
<data>eG1sLnps</data>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>xml.zlib -> aml.zlib</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>YW1sLnps</data>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>HaltEnabler</key>
<false/>
<key>DSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>DSDT.aml</string>
<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
<key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
<false/>
<key>FixDarwin_0002</key>
<false/>
<key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
<false/>
<key>AddMCFG_0008</key>
<false/>
<key>FixHPET_0010</key>
<false/>
<key>FakeLPC_0020</key>
<false/>
<key>FixIPIC_0040</key>
<false/>
<key>FixSBUS_0080</key>
<false/>
<key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
<false/>
<key>FixIDE_0200</key>
<false/>
<key>FixSATA_0400</key>
<false/>
<key>FixFirewire_0800</key>
<false/>
<key>FixUSB_1000</key>
<false/>
<key>FixLAN_2000</key>
<false/>
<key>FixAirport_4000</key>
<false/>
<key>FixHDA_8000</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>SSDT</string>
<key>TableId</key>
<string>Cpu0Ist</string>
</dict>
</array>
<key>SSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>Generate</key>
<dict>
<key>PStates</key>
<true/>
<key>CStates</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>PLimitDict</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>UnderVoltStep</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>MinMultiplier</key>
<integer>8</integer>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>DisableDrivers</key>
<array>
<string>Nothing</string>
</array>
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MountEFI</key>
<false/>
<key>LogLineCount</key>
<integer>3000</integer>
<key>LogEveryBoot</key>
<string>10</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<string>0x3</string>
        </dict>
<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
<key>TextOnly</key>
<false/>
<key>Language</key>
<string>en:0</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>applestyle</string>
<key>Mouse</key>
<dict>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Speed</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>
<key>Hide</key>
<array>
<string>HD(4,GPT,3698EAD0-5B35-4A52-A73D-A675CDE45D4B,0x25048800,0x2580F800)</string>
</array>
<key>Scan</key>
<dict>
<key>Entries</key>
<true/>
<key>Tool</key>
<true/>
<key>Legacy</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<false/>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
<key>FakeID</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>NVidia</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>SATA</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>WIFI</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>LAN</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>XHCI</key>
<string>0x0</string>
</dict>
<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<false/>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<false/>
<key>AddClockID</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

All other files (DTDT.aml, SSDT-4.aml) were extracted from properly ones.

Thank you
Edited by Micky1979
long stuff must be enclosed in bbcode

I have removed without any effects.

Thnks

Something you have not properly configured . Use the latest version of FakeSMC . All kext's should be in the folder version 10.11 and Clover to the 3280 onwards, which already supports the new version of OS X.

I have removed without any effects.

Thnks

Something you have not properly configured . Use the latest version of FakeSMC . All kext's should be in the folder 10.11 Use Clover 3280 onwards, which already supports the new version of OS X.