{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Hello, I have successfully installed Yosemite on my laptop. Everythings work fine. But I have a problem with processor fan. I want to adjust the fan speed. I tried smcFanSpeed but it cannot detect or adjust fan speed. I think DSDT.aml file was not modified for fan controlling. Is there a solution to control fan speed in my Yosemite N5110, nVidia, 2410M? Thank all.

Used to the sound , the kext AppleHDA Yosemite . The sound is crisp and does not fail . Remember, don't use Kext Utility. Use Kext Wizard. See post number 2700

I see it, I also tried with your way however the sound is not good.

that's cause your USB ports don't work on El Capitan. (Apple has changed the way they manage USB ports now).

Which leads me to the question: Do any of you guys have working USB ports? What about the 3rd party USB2/3?

i have working usb2.0 and 3.0 on yosemite

i have working usb2.0 and 3.0 on yosemite

Yeah same here. They have changed the way they manage USB ports (read Made it harder for us) hence why you are having issues.

Oh also it's probably good to note that i have an N7110. My current issues are as follows:

Brightness doesn't work in El Cap (it's stuck on full brightness, my screen connector is different so might be a N7110 specific problem for me only)

USB 2.0 is working all fine however USB3.0 is not getting recognized yet

Audio is not working (I'm currently dealing with this)

so far those are the 3 issues.  

However all of these are working all fine on Yosemite. 

Yeah same here. They have changed the way they manage USB ports (read Made it harder for us) hence why you are having issues.

Oh also it's probably good to note that i have an N7110. My current issues are as follows:

Brightness doesn't work in El Cap (it's stuck on full brightness, my screen connector is different so might be a N7110 specific problem for me only)

So sad ?

Brightness: intelbacklight kext + DSDT patch (both by rehabman)

USB 3.0: Does not work and probably won't work (since we have renesas rather than Intel)

Audio: latest voodoohda + mute fix

Can i upgrade to 10.11 and how to upgrade ? My lap using bluetooth apple keyboard and usb sound card.

thank !!!

If you're using clover, you could run the installer and it'll update just fine.

Hi! I'm trying to update the system and after the bandwidth upgrade comes to end I like how the system is loaded but the background image is divided into pieces and hangs. After reboot and remains 10.10. What to do? The update was done according to the instructions from tonymacx86. May someone tell me how to put a system 10.11? What keys to use? I use CLOVER

Hi! I'm trying to update the system and after the bandwidth upgrade comes to end I like how the system is loaded but the background image is divided into pieces and hangs. After reboot and remains 10.10. What to do? The update was done according to the instructions from tonymacx86. May someone tell me how to put a system 10.11? What keys to use? I use CLOVER

Sir we don't support tonymacx86 and their method's (Peoples say so out of ignorance ) or tools.

Why?

read here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/..so you will know.

Our rule about:

Discussion of commercial spin-offs of the OSx86 scene is allowed if it’s to understand their existence, but no discussion of how to use them, nor any support for these commercial spin-offs are allowed as they are not in the spirit of the OSx86 scene. Example of commercial spin-off: tonymacx86.

good stay on InsanelyMac!

• Like 1