PCI Configuration Begin Hang

cjb08

6 posts in this topic

First off, I have an Acer Aspire 7741-6445 (model: MS2309)

Intel Core i3-380M (2.53GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)

Intel HD Graphics (doesn't say if 3000, 2000, or anything else.)

Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Internet Adapter

I was at Mac OS X 10.6.0. I installed 10.6.8 combo update and it caused a double panic cause of SMP mismatch or some {censored}.

I fixed the SMP double panic error by removing IOPlatformPlugin.kext

I boot it up using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Legacy, then select the Mac OS X partition that is installed.

I get to the grey apple with no grey spinning wheel and it hangs.

I reboot it and start Mac OS X. Here are pictures of what happens:

Click for larger pictures

th_IMAG0076-1.jpg

th_IMAG0075.jpg

I have no idea what I should do. What can I do?

i tried it. first time, it went to the pci hang then rebooted, tried it again, and then it still hangs at the same spot and nothing else happens. what else can i do?

edit: here is a video showing what happens after i boot with -v npci=0x2000

sorry that i sound retarded, but i was going on no sleep for at least 36 hours

but yeah that is what happens to it.

I attached a zip file below it contains two kexts:

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

and

IOPCIFamily.kext

These are the kexts from 10.6.7, install them to S/L/E using kext wizard or kext helper. There is an issue with the new kexts in 10.6.8 so we are using these one until a fix is made.

I am using the kexts on two 10.6.8 Hackintoshes and even one 10.7 system. Fixed the Pci hang on all three systems.

EDIT:

If your unable to boot into OS X to run a program like Kext Wizard, then get a HFS+ Driver for linux and use a linux live USB/CD to copy the kext to S/L/E.

OR

If you have a windows partiton then get a program like TransMac. That will allow you to copy the kexts to S/L/E aswell.

IMPORTANT: If you do copy over kexts in either of those manners then as-soon as you boot back into OS X you need to run a app like kext wizard and Repair Disk Permissions and rebuild the cache. The repair of your disk permissions is very important, copying kexts like that works fine, but can easily make your OS X partiton un-bootable. Thats happend to me twice already.

PCI_configuration_begin_fix.zip

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...