steve1978

3 posts in this topic

Firstly my system specs.

Asus P5k-E

Q6600 @3300

DDR2 4Gb

ATI 4890

OCZ SSD

Ok I am new to mac and only need it to learn xcode on so i am giving it a go, if i like it i may end up going out and getting a Mac Pro. I have installed OSX 10.7.2 on my PC but i have just a few niggles.

1.how do i turn the mouse from natural to reverse. i dont like it this way

2.You tube Videos will not play, i get a hole through and i can see the desktop. Embedded videos work just fine

3.I want to make a backup of my current system. whats the best way to do it? i would like to make one daily in case i have any mishaps.

4. I use dual displays in windows without any issues. my main display is a Acer and that works fine, my second display is a budget VGA and uses a DVI convertor. the display doesnt get anything. it picks up on post and all the way through boot up but then goes off. even if i swap the monitors over so the budget one is in the acers it still doesnt show. any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

1- system preferences -> mouse > uncheck the first box on top (don't remember exact name and I'm on my linux netbook at the moment)

2 - Install flash player ?

3 - I use Carbon Copy Cloner. You can also use time machine( it's better to install a bootloader on a usb stick, on which you use the same system definition )

4 - which driver/injection did you use for graphics ?

Thanks for getting back to me buddy.

I have flash player installed and it works, as i can watch embedded videos just not you tube ones.

I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and the built in driver for the 4890.

I am still very new to all this so things like bootloaders are a new terminology. interestingly if i try to watch an mkv in vlc i get the same audio but no video.