Wireless Hardware on Mac

matthew1111xbx

12 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just installed 10.7.2 Lion on my Dell Inspiron 14R N4110.

Wireless isn't working of course, with a Dell 1702 Wireless card.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a half PCIe card that I can install that will work natively. If not, maybe a USB that will work natively?

I'm looking for less than $100, if possible...

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The card must be a half size!

Thanks so much ;)

Extra note: I found this, anyone know if it'll work natively with airport on mac?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dell-1510-PCI-E...id=278758096199

it supposed to be written in description, or part of the product name

Highlights

Provides 64 and 128-Bit WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)

Encryption Compatible with IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6)

Offers Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Support

Overview

The Wireless 1510 PCI Express® WLAN Half-Height Mini Card from Dell™ is designed as a dual band card supporting 802.11a/g/n networks providing Wi-Fi users with an enhanced multimedia experience. This card offers hardware encryption including 64 and 128-bit WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy), CKIP (Cisco Key Integrity Protocol), TKIP (Temporal Key Integrity Protocol), and AES-CCMP (Advanced Encryption Standard and Counter Mode Cipher Block Chaining-Message Authentication Code-MAC Protocol). Moreover, it supports extensible authentication protocols (EAP) including TLS, TTLS, LEAP, PEAP, MD5, and EAP-Fast along with data transfer rate of up to 54 Mbps. It complies with the 802.11g along with 802.11b/d/e/i/k standards. This product has been tested and validated on Dell Systems. It is supported by Dell Technical Support when used with a Dell system.

Manufacturer Part# : W750F

Dell Part# : 430-3130

That is all it says ;)

Oh it doesn't?

"The Wireless 1510 PCI Express® WLAN Half-Height Mini Card from Dell™ is designed as a dual band card supporting 802.11a/g/n"

Doesn't that mean n? N=300 mbps correct?

draft n can be 150 usualy.. not 300. newer cards not draft are 300