Triple boot problems: os x + win7 + LMDE

pr0phet

1 post in this topic

I'm trying to make this work, now i just screwed my boot partitions for the 2nd time, and i figured that maybe i should ask before trying again :).

So i installed osx first on the drive, everything ok. Then made a partition from osx for win7, rebooted and installed 7 on that partition, rebooted again and repaired the efi boot partition (with the chameleon/chimera bootloader as in this guide) and then i wanted to install Mint. But, there is a problem with Mint in a multiboot system - it doesn't have the option (when installing) to force-install grub on the "/" partition. So i didn't install grub at all (figured out that i will can do that later).

All installed ok, rebooted, the other bootloader didn't recognized Mint (of course) and then i downloaded Boot-Repair CD. Booted from the cd, choosed to install grub on /dev/sda4 and it told me that it was ok. Rebooted, but there was no entry on chameleon's menu. Now again on BR-cd i made the mistake to check the "repair filesystem" option. It did it's thing, and now i only have windows7 (the br-cd log is here).

So my questions are:

1. Is this mess reparable? Can i have all 3 systems back and running again?

2. i can do the install process again (3rd time now) but how can i tell mint to install grub at "/" and not on /dev/sda? Maybe there is an installation script that can bypass the default GUI-options?

3. Is there another way of making this work? Maybe to install LMDE first, or win7 first, or i don't know.. preparing the partitions before installing (now i guess they are hybrid mbr+guid)?

The thing is, i really want to have all 3 os-es on the same hdd (laptop) and i already lost 3days trying to make this work, so it's hard to give up now. Please help :?