Finder Windows Closing & Reloading/Applications Randomly Crashing/Strange Freezes

poopmonkey

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone, I just hackintoshed (10.6.8) my AMD system running on a 785GTM-E45 MSI motherboard with a 9750 Phenom II processor. It has a Geforce 9600GT graphics it in with 4gigs of ram. Anyways, the first problem I'm having is with my finder windows when I go into the triple column view and click on a h.264 video, it loads the preview in the 4th column for a bit but then the finder window disappears and after a few seconds reappears back at the root of the hard drive. I have checked and made sure that this movie file is proper and it is.

Additionally, I have another problem where applications seem to just crash without a cause. I try to convert a video in MPEG Streamclip and I drag it into the program and it just crashes and asks me if a want to send a error report. I can do this over and over and it does not help at all. But, when I simply just do a batch on the program, instead of a click and drag, the same video gets converted and the application does not crash. Sometimes this happens with other programs as well, for example it happened once with Firefox where the application just crashed without notice, the first time I used it.

Lastly, I sometimes have a flicker screen glitch where I can be working on the computer and it is running perfectly but then I look at a video or something it flickers the screen and then freezes. I can still move the mouse though but the whole UI is unresponsive. This happened again when I was installing Photoshop. The screen started to flicker, stopped and then the whole installer window as all glitchy and frozen. I had to restart the computer when that happened because it was totally frozen.

Surely, I'm missing a patch or something?

I would highly appreciate any advice on this.