• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Rockystar

Rockystar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
ok guys heres the daily update, were still holding firm at 30.00. i just emailed all the original donators and let them know, incase they weren't on here, that this forum is here and that we are again trying to take donations. Hope everyone had a good vetrans day ;)

leanderK

leanderK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
the reason why nobody is donating is hat nobody knows this.....we have to find a way to let interested people know from this possibility..

irako

irako

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hello, I will donate ASAP , the thing is that when i got paid from work i just forget about this, but believeme, i want that kext!!!! :) just like everybody else! so, dont let this thread down, and thnx to everybody envolved!

LowRidinCrew

LowRidinCrew

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
I edited the first post and shared with tonymacx86 forums

Rockystar

Rockystar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Thanks for re-posting on tonymac..Daily update 30.00, i thought the email to the original donators would have helped. I m sure it will work out i have faith, and i really dont want to buy a new laptop as im sure all of u dont either.

SaltSachet

SaltSachet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Give it time, it lost momentum after the big fiasco last time :). The momentum and enthusiasm needs to slowly build back up again :o

LowRidinCrew

LowRidinCrew

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Added threads to first post

blasteryui

blasteryui

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Hey guys I'm running the 5700, last time I checked custom resolution wasn't possible. I'm running 1024x768, is there a way to increase this? Also does HDMI output work?

Also I'll be more then willing to donate some money when a working kext is out, as long as I got custom resolution or at least can output to my TV then I'd be more then willing to donate $20 bucks into your pocket via paypal!

Rockystar

Rockystar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
custom resolution is not possible without a frame buffer kext which is what needs to be written. However the only person volunteering to write the kext does not have access to a gma 5700, precisely what the donations are for. We need enough donations to purchase a test laptop so that he can write the kext. As of today their is still only 30.00 in donations.

Jedis

Jedis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I've lost faith in this project ever getting off the ground.

Rockystar

Rockystar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
i can only do what i can do aside from paying for the thing myself which i cant do. I have talked to moderators and tried to get people to donate but with out donations we are stuck. Alex can write the kext more than likely but doesnt have our laptop. So if people want this to get off the ground then they need to stop watching and actually contribute something so that we can get this going. Come on people whats ten bucks a pizza. It really doesn't take much.

What i really cant figure out is why the people that donated the first time are unwilling to donate this time they had more than half last time.

oki270

oki270

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Alex can write the kext more than likely but doesnt have our laptop.

If he can WRITE framebuffer kext for intel hd graphics himself from ground-up in any foreseeable future, then Apple should fire their 12+ team members that worked 3+ months on this kext.

In best case he could slightly modify current kext. There is a huge difference between that and writing a new one.

What i really cant figure out is why the people that donated the first time are unwilling to donate this time they had more than half last time.

Ego spill-out ruined a lot of projects in IT..seems it kicked this one too to the ground.

sockerkid

sockerkid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
agreed with the post above..

Rockystar

Rockystar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
well i guess u all have given up, i will keep accepting donations but if no one is willing to donate then i cant do much more. At least i know that i tried, and i donated my time and a little money so my conscious is good with that.

RagedArya

RagedArya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
So where do we donate?... i want this fixed as well... It is a very annoying issue... very annoying...

LowRidinCrew

LowRidinCrew

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Check the first post

irako

irako

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
At least our hacker hope can eve TRY to rewrite the kext from somebodyelse across the web, i have seen a lot of testing without the need of have the machine in front of the hacker, i dont know if I explain myself well, but im sure that you got it...

:) but well, if he doesnt want that is ok, nobody do something for nothing... in that case, i think is easier to physically change the card from motherboard that get this kext done, did somebody knows that this is even possible???

;)

lorius89

lorius89

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
agreed with the previous post!!

LowRidinCrew

LowRidinCrew

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
checking the progress, btw, if you need me to upload some stuff or do some testing I can do that. I do have a second hard drive dedicated to OSX on my laptop.

memey

memey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Ok, so far I've read 2 - 3 threads about this hardware issue.I found old thread about GMA5700 and it happen to be closed.At the first post, soccerkid give us guide to partially enable qe/ci.Have someone try his method? (Ghostraider I mean). I can't try because download link for Intel HD Graphics is broken.It take me to download page but when I pressed download button, error says link broken. Can someone upload it another host so I can try whether it's working or not.

Also I found manor guide to fully activate qe/ci and native resolution but I believe his Chameleon can pickup monitor EDID. The only way I can think is modify bios to inject native resolution but I still waiting an answer from bios modding guy. It seems Dell laptop got complete EDID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy