Intel HD Graphics GMA 5700

LowRidinCrew

66 posts in this topic

i can only do what i can do aside from paying for the thing myself which i cant do. I have talked to moderators and tried to get people to donate but with out donations we are stuck. Alex can write the kext more than likely but doesnt have our laptop. So if people want this to get off the ground then they need to stop watching and actually contribute something so that we can get this going. Come on people whats ten bucks a pizza. It really doesn't take much.

What i really cant figure out is why the people that donated the first time are unwilling to donate this time they had more than half last time.

Alex can write the kext more than likely but doesnt have our laptop.

If he can WRITE framebuffer kext for intel hd graphics himself from ground-up in any foreseeable future, then Apple should fire their 12+ team members that worked 3+ months on this kext.

In best case he could slightly modify current kext. There is a huge difference between that and writing a new one.

What i really cant figure out is why the people that donated the first time are unwilling to donate this time they had more than half last time.

Ego spill-out ruined a lot of projects in IT..seems it kicked this one too to the ground.

well i guess u all have given up, i will keep accepting donations but if no one is willing to donate then i cant do much more. At least i know that i tried, and i donated my time and a little money so my conscious is good with that.

At least our hacker hope can eve TRY to rewrite the kext from somebodyelse across the web, i have seen a lot of testing without the need of have the machine in front of the hacker, i dont know if I explain myself well, but im sure that you got it...

:) but well, if he doesnt want that is ok, nobody do something for nothing... in that case, i think is easier to physically change the card from motherboard that get this kext done, did somebody knows that this is even possible???

;)

Ok, so far I've read 2 - 3 threads about this hardware issue.I found old thread about GMA5700 and it happen to be closed.At the first post, soccerkid give us guide to partially enable qe/ci.Have someone try his method? (Ghostraider I mean). I can't try because download link for Intel HD Graphics is broken.It take me to download page but when I pressed download button, error says link broken. Can someone upload it another host so I can try whether it's working or not.

Also I found manor guide to fully activate qe/ci and native resolution but I believe his Chameleon can pickup monitor EDID. The only way I can think is modify bios to inject native resolution but I still waiting an answer from bios modding guy. It seems Dell laptop got complete EDID.

well the total is still 30.00 no one wants to donate.

@ memey that thread with the partial solution is the predecessor to this thread. We are what are left. that thread ended cause of drama but we had already figured out that a modified frame buffer is required for our gma5700s, thats what the donations are for. The hacker who is willing to help does not have a laptop with a 5700 in it. I asked if others could test the the kext as he wrote it but he explained in detail some of which i didn't understand cause it was over my head, It boiled down to he needed the laptop to do some testing on the input and output from the display, like he needed to actually take the laptop apart and test something electrical inside. So he actually needed the laptop in front of him

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes i do believe this has failed, oh well i tried my best to get people on board but i guess too much strife and unease was created, in the previous attempt, to overcome it. If anyone has anything new to say on the subject let me know..

• 2 months later...

Io credo che un hacker (se lo è davvero, perchè riuscire a scrivere un driver non vuol dire essere hacker... hacker e' tutt'altra cosa) disponga di tanto hardware, tanti pc, tanti amici hacker ecc. e non credo proprio che non disponga o che non riuscirebbe a procurarsi un computer con una intel hd 5700. Piuttosto credo che lui vuole essere pagato, punto e basta. E' chiaro che il motivo e' quello, allora dica quando vuole per mettere in rete (in download a tutti) il driver che ha creato/modificato, ovviamente dopo diverse dimostrazione del reale funzionamento della intel hd 5700.

Questo forum è nato con una mentalità diversa, ovvero niente soldi, è un forum opensource, ma siccome ormai e' tanto tempo che si cerca di far andare questa maledetta intel hd 5700, se davvero (non mi ricordo il nick) è riuscito a farla funzionare al 100% questa benedetta intel hd 5700, che dica una volta e per tutto quando vuole per mettere in download i kext per sempre... e cosi finalmente molte persone potranno essere anche loro felici e godere del magnifico mac anche sui loro pc.

Il succo è questo: lui a gratis non da niente è palesemente evidente

allora se la cifra che vuole non è alta, si fa una colletta e gli si danno sti soldi

lui poi mette il driver in download disponibile per sempre

quindi una volta raggiunta la cifra (non deve essere alta perchè non è che ha scritto un programma, ma un semplice driver) il driver sarà sempre disponibile al download e ne potra' godere anche chi non ha partecipato alla colletta.

Una cifra non alta, per avere un driver che faccia funzionare la intel hd 5700 si raggiunge velocemente fidatevi, perchè tutti vogliono avere mac anche sui loro pc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that a hacker (if indeed it is, because being able to write a driver that does not mean being hackers ... hackers and 'something else) have much hardware, many pc, many friends and so hackers. and I do not think that provides or would fail to get a computer with an intel hd 5700. Rather I think he wants to be paid, period. It 'clear that the pattern and' that, then tell when she wants to network (for download at all) the driver that created / modified, of course, after several demonstration of the real operation of the intel hd 5700.

This forum was created with a different mentality, or no money, is an open source forum, but since now e 'so long that they are trying to get this damn intel hd 5700, if you really (I do not remember his nickname) was able to make work 100% this blessed intel hd 5700, saying once and for all when he wants to put the kext download forever ... and so eventually many people will be too happy and enjoy the wonderful mac also on their PCs.

The gist is this: he is not free from anything is patently obvious

then if the amount you want is not high, it makes up a collection and give you money sti

He then puts the driver always available for download

then once it reaches the figure (not to be high because it is not who wrote a program, but a simple driver) the driver will always be available to download and will be able to 'enjoy even people who have participated in the collection.

This figure is not high, for a driver who runs the intel hd 5700 is reached quickly trust me, because everyone wants to have mac also on their PCs.